Strength Radio Interview

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
reinhard
Site Admin

Strength Radio Interview

Post by reinhard » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:40 pm

Strength radio is a podcast and web site run by Jason White, a (certified!) personal trainer in New York City. He's interviewed a ton of very high profile people in the fitness world, and I'm honored and amazed that he saw fit to include me in that company. My favorite quote from the interview: "Here's the official stamp, [from a] fitness professional 10 years in the business: I love shovelglove; I fully endorse shovelglove. I think it's a great program."

Listen to the mp3 (26 minutes) here:

http://www.strengthradio.com/FTP_Practi ... inhard.MP3

Since I've now been interviewed TWICE I saw fit to devote an entire web page to the subject:

http://everydaysystems.com/interviews/

Reinhard

Pete

Post by Pete » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:28 am

It was good to listen you talking about shugging Reinhard!

I admit that I'm a bit disappointed in the audio quality, you sounded fine but Jason sounded like he was at the bottom of a tin can or something.

Still, it's about the content, not the delivery after all.

Nice work tiger, I eagerly await to hear your next interview on CNN! :D

phayze

Post by phayze » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:37 pm

Awesome! You're going to be working that lecture curcuit in no time! :lol:

Just one thing though: The show is actually "Healthy Planet", but I think our intro got cut off because I'm a doof and didn't start recording until after we'd started. :D
1 Picture = 1,000 words
0:01s Video = 30 pictures
therefore, 0:01s Video = 30,000 words

fungus

Post by fungus » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:49 am

phayze wrote:Awesome! You're going to be working that lecture curcuit in no time! :lol:

Just one thing though: The show is actually "Healthy Planet", but I think our intro got cut off because I'm a doof and didn't start recording until after we'd started. :D
You chopped off the end, too...

PS: Reinhard, you're up to a 20lb hammer now? I thought you said the 16lb was too much to use every day.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:47 am

Pete, it was done over a cell phone, so the less than optimal sound quality is not surprising -- though I was the one at the other end of the recording equipment and should sound worse.

Fungus, I'm a big advocate of upgrading very slowly (which I have), but I've been on the 20 pounder for a while now. I've never upgraded until I'd spent at least a year on one weight. I think the "too much of every day" comments you're thinking of were directed toward the specialty, non-"hardware," super-heavy (30-150 pound) sledgehammers.

Phase, thanks again for making #1 happen. I didn't even notice the "shaving" on the ends -- probably improved it :-)

Reinhard

phayze

Post by phayze » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:06 pm

Yeah, it was my first time playing with a recording of the show, and my first time playing with Apple Soundtrack, so all in all it could have come out much worse. ;)

I think I'm starting to get the feel for it now, so future archived episodes should be much better. Somewhere between Christmas and New Year we'll have our official website up, and all of our shows from October on will be archived.

It really was a pleasure to have you with us, Reinhard! When you're famous, we'll be able to say "Engles? Oh yeah, we had him on our show waaay back in the day! We're cutting edge!" ;)
1 Picture = 1,000 words

Spudd

Post by Spudd » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:50 pm

Hey Phayze, are you the person who asked me for "Healthy Planet" cafepress store? I used to run a website called "Healthy Planet" which had an associated cafepress store, but then we changed our name to "Talk Healthy".

phayze

Post by phayze » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:36 pm

Nope, that wasn't me. We're actually revising our image and going with "Healthy Planet Radio" as our official name, hoping it will help avoid confusion with other "Healthy Planets".

We haven't given much thought to a cafepress store - we don't even have a logo! I should get the team working on that . . . :D
1 Picture = 1,000 words