Hammermania DVD

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
nascif

Hammermania DVD

Post by nascif » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:00 am

Anybody looked into this one?
I am wondering if it is it worth the almost $40...

http://www.torqueathletic.com/product.p ... 2&r=-22414

sledgehammer

Re: Hammermania DVD

Post by sledgehammer » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:48 pm

nascif wrote: I am wondering if it is it worth the almost $40...
I woudn't give a dime to someone who steals the workout Reinhard put out for free, renamed it, and tries to sell it for a profit.

Besides, who in the world wants to look like that guy on the DVD?
Give him a helmet and a beard and with his huge sledge he'll look like a dwarf escaped from Dungeons and Dragons :lol:

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:35 pm

I am reasonably confident this guy hasn't stolen my idea (links to his site have been posted here before).

Though I didn't know it when I came up with shovelglove, sledgehammer workouts did exist pre-shovelglove (from what I understand, they mostly involve whacking things and are ill suited for indoors).

He is a competitive strongman, so if you're into that, it's very possible this dvd could be interesting. He is a very LARGE "dwarf" -- and I probably wouldn't advise calling him that to his face.

Reinhard

Mike23

Post by Mike23 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:52 pm

Here's a link to another "very large dwarf" selling a similar product.

http://strongerman.com/alternative_cond ... maces.html

I'm sure they both would contain some useful movements that would lend themselves to SG-ing. I agree too that there's going to be a fair amount of footage of him actually clobberin' something like a tire, log or something else outdoor-friendly.
Mike23

fungus

Re: Hammermania DVD

Post by fungus » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:50 am

sledgehammer wrote: I woudn't give a dime to someone who steals the workout Reinhard put out for free, renamed it, and tries to sell it for a profit.
Hammers are an age-old training method used by "strongmen" - ever since somebody noticed that blacksmiths were usually the strongest men in the village.
sledgehammer wrote: Besides, who in the world wants to look like that guy on the DVD?
Not you, obviously, but maybe he's into fun-lovin' medieval chicks who dig really really strong guys, not primped and perfect cheerleaders who'll only end up making your life miserable in with all their bitchin' and eventually dump you for a complete asshole of a quarterback because he has a Corvette.

Tell you what though, I bet he can put most bodybuilders to shame when it comes to brute strength.