Dear god my arms :D

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
Elohir

Dear god my arms :D

Post by Elohir » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:32 pm

Well.
I put my restdays on Monday and Tuesday due to my workschedule.
I'm only two days in and even though my lowerbody has gotten alot of training (I walk everywhere), the only training my upperbody has got sofar is helping people move.

And after swinging that 12pound hammer for fourteen minutes for two days, I am so beat, my biceps are so sore I can barely curl my arm. But man, it's a good kind of pain, and I'm looking forward to wednesday when I can go at it again.

Great site!

Le Mercenaire

Post by Le Mercenaire » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:40 pm

Welcome on board Elohir, you'll see that the pain quickly recede and you'll just feel streched and energized all day after you 14 minutes (that is if you do it in the morning).

Keep on shugging and posting is great for motivation!

Le Mercenaire
Bis vincit qui se vincit in victoriam

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:26 pm

Yeah, don't worry. Once you get past the initial break in period you'll almost never have soreness that lasts more than a few hours, if that. And it'll be an invigorating soreness, not an unpleasant one.

Do respect your current, perhaps not so pleasant soreness, though. Don't push through it and injure yourself. Remember what I wrote on the homepage about how if anything hurts, stop immediately and take the next day off. Do that and you'll have to take very, very few days off long term.

Reinhard