Starting slowly...

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
ianp123

Starting slowly...

Post by ianp123 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:16 pm

Well... Today made it a full week I've been doing this, having fun in the mornings.

I've got a major case of "fat-bastard syndrome" so I need to work up to it. I'm currently doing 5-7 minutes per day and building up (It's all I can handle!).

My current routine is:

20 Shovels (per side)
10 Butter Churns (per side)
10 Chop Wood (per side)
10 Stoke the Oven (per side)(added Tuesday)
10 Flip the Level (per side)(added Wednesday)
10 Shovels (per side)
Collapse

I hope to be up to 14 minutes in a few weeks.

Next week I'll be traveling and don't know what I'll do without my hammer... I may have to become a degraded beast for the week... :sad:

Le Mercenaire

Post by Le Mercenaire » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:40 pm

There is no little progress Ianp, you made it to 5 times this week that's great!

For next week, you might have a minute and check for a stretch band as somebody (can't remember who and I can't find the link... :( if somebody remember, post please!) was mentionning. That way you can do a bit of degraded beast and then work with the stretch band!

Keep going that's the way!

Le Mercenaire
Bis vincit qui se vincit in victoriam

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:59 pm

Welcome, Ian!

Don't worry about not being able to handle more than 5-7 minutes -- that means you've got a lot of progress to enjoy ahead of you. Don't rush the progress, stretch it out as long as possible. It's a great motivator.

Squats (aka "fertilize the fields") are another good travel move.

Reinhard