FREE DVD 14 minute workout!

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
KC 7707

FREE DVD 14 minute workout!

Post by KC 7707 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:46 am

Scott Sonnon is giving away his FlowFit DVD. I haven't tried the workout yet-it looks like some yoga asanas-linked together in a flowing motion. It can be done in 14 minutes so I thought some folks here may be interesed. You do have to pay $6.95 for shipping. Oh yeah sorry international shuggers free in the U.S only.

http://www.rmaxinternational.com/mambo/ ... hop&Itemid

KC 7707

Post by KC 7707 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:49 am

This link goes directly there:

http://www.makeamericastronger.us/

WinstonWolf

Post by WinstonWolf » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:50 pm

I've got it - it's pretty technical, but it's also pretty fun.

I'm not doing it very often. Sonnen has put out a TON of material, and I picked up one of his joint mobility DVDs for half price, and I'm doing that more often.

For $7, can't hurt, anyway, as long as you take it carefully. It is basically a bunch of yoga asanas.

I was able to skip ahead a bit on some of them because I've done yoga classes over the years. Others will definitely take a while.

KC 7707

Post by KC 7707 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:54 pm

How do you think it would work if you interspersed it with SG on an every other day schedule?

I have done yoga myself over the years. Does the Sonnon vid add any new wrinkles if I already know the basic asanas?

WinstonWolf

Post by WinstonWolf » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:05 pm

Don't know - depends on your yoga style and experience, really, and time availability.

If you have the time, 14 minutes of SG then 14-18 minutes of this would definitely be a solid workout! And only about a half hour time investment, not bad for a full-body workout.

When I do just this DVD workout at night, the few times I have, I'm tired, sweaty, but feeling good afterwards.

Doing my regular routine, plus this, plus a jump squat workout I sometimes do... ouch. Legs felt it for a couple days.

I'm doing a 5-day a week routine of 100 pushups (in sets, various types, takes about 5-10 minutes depending on how quickly I'm moving that day)... 10-20 minutes of pilates matwork... and 14 minutes of SG. Plus some other stuff on occasion, so I'm not doing this DVD workout that much.

For instance, I jumped straight to a "up dog, down dog, cobra, down dog, jump back to squat" sequence, which is 4th in that particular exercise set - because I've done those things hundreds of times. Other sets, it'll take me longer to get to a higher level because I haven't done those moves yet.

Like, no plow for me just yet, but you may already be good at that.

There were definitely things that I've picked up from it that I wouldn't necessarily in a yoga class... mostly because it's, well, stripped-down is probably the best word for it. My yoga classes have involved typically a lot MORE movements of various types, and probably more repetitions... but a lot more variety, too.

KC 7707

Post by KC 7707 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:05 am

Thanks.