2 months in . . .

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
Shovel4life

2 months in . . .

Post by Shovel4life » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:25 pm

Hey all my name's Mike, 31 year old from the Northeast US, first time poster, long time lurker. Just poppin in to say thankyou Reinhard, your system's have changed my life forever and probably added years as well. And thanks to everybody else on here as well with all their ideas and posts to help me and keep me motivated. Although im only two months in and i still have a long way to go, and i know i could fall off the wagon just as easy as anybody, i truly believe i can do this for the rest of my life, it just goes so smooth! I could write pages on my experiences these last 60 days, but like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, so here you are, hope it helps people keep with these systems cuz they really work . . .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29419400@N06/

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:56 pm

Mike,

Welcome to the bulletin board and THANK YOU for posting these pictures. Very impressive!

You've got your own private "before and during" going here.

Looking forward to more updates,

Reinhard

Finnigan

Post by Finnigan » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:19 pm

Yes. Agreed. It's inspiring! Thanks!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:13 pm

Great job Mike!
Shovelglove is awesome isn't it!?

Saw your pix, and I can see a diff.
Good for you.
Perhaps you can take your next batch of pix with the same side view as the first pic you took, with your left arm facing the camera.
Would be easier to see the changes from when you started.

Are you doing NoS too?

Have a good weekend.
Peace and "Glove" ;)
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Shovel4life

Post by Shovel4life » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:53 pm

Hey all, thanks for you encouraging comments! I will continue to post results every 30 days until i reach my ideal weight, whether that's in 1 year or 10 haha!

Deb, i will try to keep the side view picture consistent, i always seem to forget which side i took when it comes to take a new one each time, even though these 2 months have gone by so fast, or maybe that's just because summer always goes too quick.

When i started Shovelgloving, i knew nothing about the No S Diet. I saw the link, and when i see the word "diet" i think no way, just like when i think about going to the gym. But then when shovelglove started working so fast, i thought hey, if this works, maybe i should check out the rest of these systems. It didn't take long to see that it's not even a diet at all, just eating responsibly, kind of like i did when i was a kid.

I still by no means eat healthy diet food. I'm a bachelor that can't cook, most of my meals are eating out or sandwhiches at home. But now instead of ordering a pizza and eating most of it for dinner without even thinking about it, i'll have 2 pieces and maybe some celery or carrots. That's just one example. I think the biggest thing was the amount of soda and flavored teas i used to drink, like a gallon or more a day. Now i have a chocolate milk with breakfast, and it's water the rest of the day, at least a gallon. On weekends, it's so weird but their mostly like the rest of the week, i dont even get cravings, it's like a switch got turned on when i started this thing. If anything, my S's turn out being in the form of beers when im out with the guys. But anyway, thanks and you have a good weekend as well!