SG Questions after One Month

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
burnnotice

SG Questions after One Month

Post by burnnotice » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:59 pm

Hi there-

I've really been struggling to build up to the recommended 5 day ina row SG work out. I've been managing 3-4 times a week (I don't take off Sat/Sun as I have more time to exercise on the weekends).

I am fatiguing so fast that it seems sort of not worth doing it every day. Also I wondered from my gym days, aren't I supposed to let the muscles rest a day?

I finally weighed the hammer I dug out of our shed last month - it weighs 15 pounds! Each session I go the full 14 minutes. This week I incorporated hula hooping while I recovered between sets just so I'm not standing about aimlessly.

Is it reasonable to go every other day due to the weight of the hammer or do I buy a lighter hammer?

Thanks! Colleen
Me
The Client

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:38 pm

Hi Colleen,

It's very reasonable -- do what works best for you.

The "N day" schedule is mostly for excuse proofing your routine, it's not for any profound physiological reason (though I don't think, if you pace yourself, there's any profound physiological reason not to do it).

Best of luck and keep us posted,

Reinhard