Another new start!

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
Le Mercenaire

Another new start!

Post by Le Mercenaire » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:33 pm

Hey all, hello Reinhard

not too sure how things are around here, but back I am!

For those who don't know me, I started Shovelgloving in October 2006, did it pretty steadily for more than 2 years and then had a moment off, took it back for almost a year, then off again and back again!

This morning was my official return. Did a smooth routine with the faithful Big Georges (A nice 16 pounder with a bright yellow fiberglass handle)

Shovel coal hand under (mix of shovel and throw in the furnace/slay the dragon) 20 reps
Paddling (forward) 20 reps
Hoist the sack 20 reps
Butter churn 20 reps
Shovel coal hand over 20 reps
Paddling (backward) 20 reps
Fireman 20 reps
stretching for 4 minutes... (my back was feeling a little weird, no pain but before I get there...)

P.S. I went back to some of my old posts and Reinhard, about the names of the hammers, I naturally name things. As an example, many years ago, I went treeplanting and the first thing I did was name my shovel...
Bis vincit qui se vincit in victoriam