"Easy Rider"

Urban ranger is an inspirational metaphor to get you walking. Warning: there is poetry involved. Discuss it here.
infoproj

"Easy Rider"

Post by infoproj » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:27 am

I love cycling.

I always aim to go for a steady ride, but invariably end up pushing it and return home a sweaty, shaking wreck. This is good in one way, but inevitably I always ending feeling jaded or burnt-out after a while, as I'm not really that athletic underneath it all.

A bunch of us do some after-work rides which include a sort of time-trial where the ego pushes you harder than you really ought to.

So where is this going? I am also lazy. I want to get fit, keep fit and keep up with my biking mates. But I'm intrigued by the idea of achieving this with the least amount of physical effort.

So my proposal is "Easy Rider":

- Never, ever ride "hard", just ride easy and as you get fitter you should be able to go faster for the same level of perceived exertion.

- The only exercise will be Cycling, swimming (for upper body and core balance) and walking (rangering as a low-impact alternative).

Not quite urban ranger but loosely tied into it. The overall aim is to get fit by stealth and to keep it sustainable and injury free.

Any thoughts on this? Should tie in with NoS as well as the food-energy requirements may be less.

mjn

Great post!

Post by mjn » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:35 pm

I wish more people would post on this site.

fkwan

Re: Great post!

Post by fkwan » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:57 pm

mjn wrote:I wish more people would post on this site.
Maybe because it's not exciting like No S or Shovelglove? :)

Maybe I'll start posting photos I take on my walks....

f

mjn

Post by mjn » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:24 pm

fkwan, that is a neat idea!