I Started To Be An Urban Ranger Today

Urban ranger is an inspirational metaphor to get you walking. Warning: there is poetry involved. Discuss it here.
Traveler

I Started To Be An Urban Ranger Today

Post by Traveler » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:53 am

Today, I walked one and a half miles, which I think is a good start to my new commitment to be an Urban Ranger. The encouragement on this site is amazing, and contributes largely to being successful with the program. Best regards, Bob
Health Is The Greatest Wealth

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:06 am

Hey Bob!
I would love to go walking up and down hills in San Fran one day!!!
I was there for a whole three hours the month of the giant earthquake in candlestick park.. Whoa!

Keep it up! One and a half miles sounds great.. Especially on those hills!
You will also love Shovelglove... Really... Hurry and get a "Glove"
It's the least drudgerous workout around... A total upper...

Have fun and here's to walking around NY sometime soon..
I've been very against it since it's been Winterish..
(bad attitude! LOL..)

I should move to sunny CA or Australia! (then I could be enjoying Australia day in front of the Barbee with Big Phil, LOL...)
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:06 pm

Hi, Deb! Yes, San Francisco is a great place for walking, with many hills, and a great level walk along The Embarcadero through Fishermans Wharf. A few years back, I was in great shape due to the fact that I walked five miles a day. I have to get back into it, so at least I have made a beginning, with this great No S diet, and I have taken my first long walk in quite awhile. I would love to visit New York some day. I have been in 38 of the 50 states, but New York has not been one of them. I really have no excuse not to walk, as we have great weather all year. I just got lazy for quite a long time, wrapped up in the affairs of daily living, but hey, I have found the light at the end of the tunnel, The No S Diet! Best regards, Bob

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:10 am

I really enjoyed my two mile walk today. The sky was overcast and the weather was cool but nice, and I really moved along in my walk along The Embarcadero. Best regards, Bob

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:08 am

Welcome, Traveller Bob. I have ranged briefly in San Francisco, and 1.5 miles is no mean feat (not to speak of five). We could barely drive those hills. But hills are fun (wish there were a few more on my route) and what a beautiful town.

Looking forward to hearing more from you,

Reinhard

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:38 am

Thanks, Reinhard for your welcome, and for this fantastic website with its realistic program for losing weight. San Francisco is such a beautiful city and has many fine places with great views that make walking a pleasure, and the distance becomes secondary. Your complete program of a realistic diet program, along with a sensible exercise program, assures almost anyone success in weight management. Best regards, Bob

ert

Turning green with envy...

Post by ert » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:58 pm

Oh, you're so lucky to go walking around SF! It's such a gorgeous place, and so great to walk around. I used to come there on weekends and walk from the bay to the ocean - all the way across. Lots of fun - especially if you stop in bookstores and cafes on the way. :)

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:39 am

Yes, San Francisco is a great city to walk in, as there is always something interesting to see. I have what I call my "A" walk and my "B" walk. My "A" walk is a level walk along the Embarcadero with great views of the San Francisco Bay Bridge, and it takes me through Fishermans Wharf from where I get a great view of The Golden Gate Bridge. My "B" walk takes me up Vallejo Street from The Embarcadero up the Vallejo Street hill and then down through Chinatown, and then up and over Russian Hill, where you have one of the best views in the world. Then up Lombard Street, really steep, and then down The Crookedest Street In The World (one block of Lombard Street), back down to The Embarcadero. The "B" walk is really a workout. Best regards, Bob