Si, es posible'?

Urban ranger is an inspirational metaphor to get you walking. Warning: there is poetry involved. Discuss it here.
Over43

Si, es posible'?

Post by Over43 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:56 am

I was doing the math on my current exercycle workouts. I average (according to the monitor) 347 calories burned in 35 minutes. That averages 1041 calories a week. Approximately 1.5 pounds of weight loss a month.

At that rate, if I were to do nothing else, I should lose 18 pounds in a year? Theoretically. :lol:

We'll see what happens.

O43
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

koopa

Post by koopa » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:09 am

So at this moment, you should have lost 3 lbs so far? :P

The problem with exercising is that our body has a natural way to resist change. As long as you do not subconsciously add those calories back into your diet, you should be well on your way!

Lets also not forget that you are adding muscle mass as well, so weightloss figures would be off as well.

I always hate calculating calories burned from exercise as the math never equates to reality. The human body is too complicated to perform a simple algebra formula for results. More importantly, its how you look and feel that makes the difference. Personally, I've added shovelglove and urban ranger to my nonexistent exercise routine before and I look healthier but the scale fails to represent this without fail. Every time my pants try to fall off, that's knowledge enough that I'm doing something right!

Most important thing is to keep on doing what your doing! Good luck!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:18 pm

koopa wrote: Lets also not forget that you are adding muscle mass as well, so weightloss figures would be off as well.
I've read that while this is true, it takes more effort than most of us are putting forth. Moderate exercisers won't see much of this, though they'd like to think they will.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."