Forget the Treadmill

Urban ranger is an inspirational metaphor to get you walking. Warning: there is poetry involved. Discuss it here.
wosnes

Forget the Treadmill

Post by wosnes » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:29 pm

From yesterday's Well blog in the New York Times: Forget the Treadmill. Get a Dog.

I'll have to say that at least half the reason I walk as much as I do is because of my dog. She loves to walk. I need to walk. It's a good deal for both of us.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Kevin

Re: Forget the Treadmill

Post by Kevin » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:35 pm

I agree completely.
wosnes wrote:From yesterday's Well blog in the New York Times: Forget the Treadmill. Get a Dog.

I'll have to say that at least half the reason I walk as much as I do is because of my dog. She loves to walk. I need to walk. It's a good deal for both of us.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:56 pm

I'll also have to say that if my dog doesn't get enough exercise during the day, she has a nasty habit of waking me up in the middle of the night wanting to play. I DO NOT want to play in the middle of the night. So the long walks are possibly even more beneficial to me than her! :D
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."