Hello

Urban ranger is an inspirational metaphor to get you walking. Warning: there is poetry involved. Discuss it here.
walkinginla

Hello

Post by walkinginla » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:40 am

I ran across the link to the Urban Ranger site at newyorkcitywalk.com and decided I belong here. I particularly enjoyed the "Exertion vs. Exercise" essay, since that's how I've felt ever since I started doing a lot of walking 4 years ago. It makes no sense to arrange your life to be as sedentary as possible, then spend time and money torturing yourself on exercise machines.

Since this is my first post, I don't know if the address of my web site will show up automatically (I put it in my profile), but in case it doesn't, it's walkinginla.com.

I hope I'll be able to contribute a few things to the discussion as well as learn a few things from everybody else.

Neil

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:22 pm

Welcome, Neil!

If you type a url with the full http gargage on one line it shows as a link:

http://walkinginla.com

Nice site, by the way. May inspire me to put up some pictures, too...

Looking forward to hearing (and seeing) more from you,

Reinhard

P.S. for those of you who haven't seen this yet,

http://newyorkcitywalk.com

is about the ueber urban ranger (and fellow librarian) who walked every street in Manhattan.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:13 pm

Cool Neil! Great site! How about a pic of you?
LOL...

Keep on truckin!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

walkinginla

Post by walkinginla » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:33 am

Is there a repository for pictures of Urban Rangers somewhere on this site?

I don't usually put pictures of people on my site (especially pictures of myself), but there are a couple. If you enter "neil" in the search box in the left column, it will find the L.A. Times article about me from a couple of years ago, and there's a picture with that article. It's a long shot, so you can't really see my face, but it's a really well-written article and you can learn a few things about me. I told Nita Lelyveld that if I ever become famous, I want her to write my biography. She makes me sound like a much more interesting person than I actually am.

There's another picture of me and a couple of friends at the bottom of the page for Ryan Mountain on the Road Trips page.

Neil

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:15 pm

Hi Neil,

There isn't a repository yet... I'll have to think about how to do that.

Great article, by the way! I'll link to your site (and the article) from the urban ranger home page.

Reinhard