Kathi's No S Journey / Check IN

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

veggirl1964

Kathi's No S Journey / Check IN

Post by veggirl1964 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:00 pm

Okay, here we go again!

I have been toying with No S for a few years. I keep cycling through No S, Vegan Diet, and Calorie Counting. I gain, I lose, I gain, I lose, I go crazy...

October 2011 - This time around, I began my NoS journey on September 28th. I am 47 years old, 5' 9.5" and currently weigh 176.6 pounds, which makes me factually and technically overweight. I overlapped my calorie counting by a couple of days, and realize that I eat about 1500 calories per day in meals and another 1000 or so in snacks. Egads! That's a lot of snacking! I expect to lose some weight by losing the snacks. I'd like to eventually lose around 30 pounds, but we shall see how I feel as I progress. Right now I'd just like a more normal relationship with food. My goals for the month is Vanilla No S and walking 60 miles for the month (about 2 miles per day, but I find making a monthly goal easier to manage for walking).

gk

Post by gk » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:15 am

Good luck! :)
SW (as of 3/25/13): 172 lbs.
CW: 171 lbs.

veggirl1964

Post by veggirl1964 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:46 am

gk wrote:Good luck! :)
Thanks!