honey's Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

honey

honey's Daily Check In

Post by honey » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:15 am

Today is the start of my second week. My first week was a success.

I had a wobble yesterday and nearly had a slice of cake about 6pm, I'd had a rubbish afternoon and wasn't eating until tea until later. Part of me was thinking it won't matter but I didn't give in!

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:03 pm

Welcome and way to go on skipping the cake! :D :D

honey

Post by honey » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:13 pm

Thank you sophiasapientia, I've cut myself a slice of the cake to save for the weekend, it's a yummy fruit one so it'll still be good.

Tuesday was a success but yesterday was a failure :cry: I had a packet of crisps in the evening as a treat but really wish I hadn't almost as soon as I'd finished them. It felt like I'd cheated so I didn't really enjoy them.

Nevermind, it's done now and today has been good so far.

honey

Post by honey » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:54 am

Today is the start of my third week and I've lost 6lb so far, very happy with this although I know it'll soon slow down.

I still feel very positive about it all, my husband had a couple of biscuits last night with his cup of tea and it briefly crossed my mind, but I wasn't tempted.

I love the fact that no-one need know that I'm dieting, my husband knows and thats it. I don't feel deprived at all doing this, I dieted last year by counting calories and I can remember that feeling of "I can't have this or that" Love, love this diet.

honey

Post by honey » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:32 pm

Still doing well with my success days!

I did look longingly and the cream cakes at the supermarket last night but I reminded myself that I could have a cake or some chocolate on Saturday.

honey

Post by honey » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:11 am

Today is the last day of week 5 and I don't feel I'm struggling too much. I've just weighed myself and I've lost 7lb so far which has made me feel motivated to start doing some more exercise and start thinking about upping my fruit and veg intake too.

Very happy with how it's going :D