Jenna's Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jld141

Jenna's Daily Check In

Post by jld141 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:06 pm

Hello!!! This is DAY 1 of No-S..although it's really only a half a day because it's already 12:00 pm and I didn't follow NO S this morning, but hopefully I can actually stick to this plan this time. I'm tired of feeling bad about myself. I'll check in tonight to see how well I stuck to it today!!!

jld141

Post by jld141 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:35 am

12/28/12 Day 1: No S day [color=green]SUCCESS![/color]
I'm ready to start and excited. However it's kind of unfortunate that tomorrow is already an S day and so far I've only done 1/2 of a No S day...but that's okay. I really want to stick to NO S this time! See ya tomorrow!

tobiasmom

Hi

Post by tobiasmom » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:12 pm

Welcome! Have a wonderful weekend...and I have no doubt you will have a GREEN week ahead!