TLMom's 2014 Check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

tobiasmom

June

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:13 am

A green day today!! Been slowly working my way back here, and I'm feeling good. Cancelled my WW membership once and for all, stopped counting everything. I am photo journaling my three meals instead of writing down every little thing. Trying a new workout too that I can do at home since I'm not able to go to the gym anymore.

California's weather is amazing! Still haven't found a church or met many people but loving being closer to family and the weather!

tobiasmom

Tue and wed

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:17 am

Yesterday and today were green! Working it out little by little. Haven't been on the scale. That's probably a good thing for me.

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:18 am

It sounds like you're doing great!

tobiasmom

thursday

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:34 pm

Thursday ended up a failure, but guess what? I thought it was Friday and had planned to do Friday and Saturday S days. Oops. So I will just mark it and move on and stick w Sat and Sun S days. See what changing around the rules gets ya sometimes?!

Feeling good, though. My pants were looser yesterday :)

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:32 am

Hooray for looser pants! :D

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:30 pm

That's super funny. Poor thing, you're so busy you're not sure what day it is! :)
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/18-25.6; 8/18-24.5; 10/18-23.8;
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
6/20-22.5; 7/20-23.0; 9/20-23.6
4/21 - 25.2

tobiasmom

June 2014

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:00 pm

I am really getting back in the swing of things. My mind is finally letting go of other diets, and I am finally happy inside to lose slowly. That's always been my problem. In a hurry! The problem all these years has been ME and my constant yo-yo dieting. That has actually made this take waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer than it would have if I would have just sanely lost a few pounds a month! The truth is....I am actually very happy with my life. My body is definitely getting older and sore.... but overall I'm pretty healthy despite being quite a bit overweight. There isn't a huge rush. I DO need to get my weight in order in the next few years.... but it doesn't have to be overnight. It WILL happen slowly but surely. And of course I could use more energy and just mostly a normal relationship with food :)

I'm also starting the couch to 5K next week and plan to run a 5K in October with a friend. I'm going to sign up now so that I have that goal to look forward to!

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:35 am

Good for you! It sounds like your head is in the right place. A 5 K is a great goal!

eschano

Post by eschano » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:54 am

Fantastic attitude!
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

tobiasmom

sugar

Post by tobiasmom » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:02 pm

Sugar....... ugh!!!! I am having the worst time getting through a day without sweets. So frustrating! I have to mentally make it NO option on N days. Grrrr...... Linc has hand, foot, and mouth disease. He has been so fussy. Sugar doesn't help, but for some reason I continue to turn to it.

This week I commit to five N days with NO sweets. I feel so much better without them. Then S days can be great enjoyable S days. They aren't very enjoyable when N days have been S days too!!!

I also start my couch to 5k training tomorrow.

In other news....I found the moving box my scale was in, but the battery in the scale is dead ;). It's probably a very good thing. It doesn't matter what the number on the scale says right now. All that matters is habit. Making these habits stick. And that is a huge struggle for me. I need no other distraction :)

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:03 pm

Boy, I hear you on sugar! That is a real problem for me, too! Good for you, in deciding to focus on habits, as opposed to the scale.

tobiasmom

weight

Post by tobiasmom » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:26 pm

Hubby bought a battery for my scale. I'm down around 5 pounds since mid-May. I'll take it. Going to stick with monthly weigh-ins and try to focus on habit still. Haven't started working out yet. Baby has had me up at night a lot, and I'm just beat by the end of the day. Instead of a formal program, I'm going to attempt some urban rangering around base!

Now that we are finally settled in our new base house I am able to cook again! I've been making some yummy stuff lately. Stuffed pork tenderloin the other night and spinach lasagna rolls last night. Trying a Cajun chicken pasta tonight. I've mostly been making stuff from SkinnyTaste, but I do love Pioneer Woman for some really divine stuff occasionally! I'm still dealing with the sugar bug. Tea in the evenings has been helpful.

Onward!
Military wife and homeschool mom of two boys, 15 and 10.
No-S restart 01/08/23
SW: 239

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:06 pm

Nice job! Your dinners sound good. I have Skinny Taste on my Face Book, so I'll have to check it out.