Shelly_K Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

shelly_k

Shelly_K Daily Check In

Post by shelly_k » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:54 pm

Hi All! I'm on my fourth day of NO S... very new to this yet. But thought a daily check in would be some good accountability... at least until habits are better formed!

I'm 40, have about 20 pounds to lose. I have 3 kids, 9, 8 and 2. I stay at home and so the tempation of food always seems to be around!

:D

Dec 8: Green
Dec 9: Green
Dec 10: Green

Went out for dinner last night. I managed to stick with the one plate, burger and fries. Not the healthiest, but I didn't finish it as I find already that I can't eat as much. I refused the after dinner Andes Mints! Although they looked so good!

I'm feeling pretty good overall, but I do crave sweets often during the day. So far, I've been telling myself that I can have them on the weekend. Looking forward to those S days!
Shelly

Age 40
Started Dec 6, 2014
Start Weight: 173.8
Start BMI: 26.3
Goal Weight: 155
Vanilla NoS

Start: 173.8
Week 1: 172.8
Week 2: 172.8
Week 3: 170.6

shelly_k

Post by shelly_k » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:47 pm

I'm happy to say my first full week was GREEN! Into my first S day and already can cant eat as much sweet as I would like! Had a breakfast bar consisting of oats, peanut butter, honey and a few mini choc chips. Wow that was sweet! Now I've been wanting a mocha so badly and it doesn't taste so great to me! Do tastebuds change that quickly?
Shelly

Age 40
Started Dec 6, 2014
Vanilla NoS

shelly_k

Post by shelly_k » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:15 am

I just finished my second week. All GREEN except one planned S morning that I had a few treats and then kept on plan for the rest of the day.

So far it doesn't seem too bad. I want sweets but I amable to tell myself that I can have them on the weekend.

I lost 2 pounds the first week. Nothing the second week.

My first S days were a lot of treats. It didn't feel good especially by the end of the second S day. And I think it probably fueled the no loss the second week because I stayed the same.

So that us the update!
Shelly

Age 40
Started Dec 6, 2014
Vanilla NoS