Carla's Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

carla70

Carla's Daily Check In

Post by carla70 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:34 pm

I am starting No S plan today, have sortof had it in the back of my mind and 1/2 doing it that past few days since I found it. I have to say this looks almost too good to be true. I have been on almost every diet imaginable, WW being the most recent try. It is a good plan, works, but I can't seem to do the point finding and all the FF food. The idea of eating what I want and cooking any recipe, just portion control... novel concept (hahaha).

I have about 20-25 more pounds I would like to lose, gained a bit lately since I have done some emotional eating. When I started losing weight 10 years ago I was 296 and now I am about 175 I think (scared to weigh myself) and I would like to get to about 150.

My questions about this program are with foods like pizza where you eat by slice? How do you determine a plate of that?

I am looking forward to this plan and learning more about it and losing.

Exercise is something that I haven't been able to get to lately, I do have a two story old farmhouse which I go up and down the stairs a lot and I keep active with kids (12 &10) and housecleaning. I don't consider myself a sedenatary person but I am far from doing exercise daily which I know I should.

Oh a little about me: 36 years old, married 15 years, 2 kids (girl 12 and boy 10) and recently moved to the town hubby and I grew up in, I work from home a little for the attorney I worked for before we moved and currently looking for part time employment also.

:D

david

Post by david » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:38 pm

The question of pizza slice portioning is like water--the more one tries to grasp it, the more it slips away!

Most people do 2 or 3 slices.

Welcome to the boards!

--david

anna

welcome

Post by anna » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:48 pm

Hi Carla,

Welcome to NoS. I have only started last week and have been welcomed myself by some lovely people. Well done for losing so much weight over the last ten years, it's gone the other way for me unfortunately. Good luck with your weight loss. I'm not sure about the pizza as I have just started myself but I do know that its best to allow yourself bigger portions in the beginning to allow your body to get used to nothing in between meals.

:) Anna

carla70

Post by carla70 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:07 am

I agree that eating normal portion of pizza will be the right thing to do. Today I had company over and served leftover birthday cake..starte to have a piece took one bite and thought wait I can't have this now it's not a S day..so I threw it away. So I guess I start my 21 again tomorrow... :roll:

I am excited to start this and hope to meet lots more great people.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:56 am

Welcome and good luck Carla!!!
You will love NoS!
Give it time and really try to be as strict as you can be!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

carla70

Post by carla70 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:55 pm

Yesterday I failed --

Today is new day and new start

carla70

Post by carla70 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:35 pm

Was a Successful day yesterday :)

hikermom

Post by hikermom » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:35 pm

Hey, Carla. Welcome to NO S. I'm a newbie as well. You are welcome to visit my Check-In thread and see how many starts and stops I have had over the past few weeks. :oops:

As far as pizza, we always have pizza on Saturdays, so I don't have to worry about the one plate rule. :lol:

Good luck!

carla70

Post by carla70 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:45 am

I feel I am having many new starts too, had a second helping of supper tonight..

new start tomorrow.. going to do a reward for each day I keep the rules..need to see that scale start moving down.!!!

here's to tomorrow and a new start again.....

carla70

Post by carla70 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:06 pm

Weekend was ok foodwise I didn't feel I kept totally on plan so I am not counting it as a success. I stepped on the scale this morning and HATED the number that I see there now. SO its hard core NO S for me. I am not going to let that number on the scale get any higher.

Off to read more about no s and a successful day 1!!!!!!!

hikermom

Post by hikermom » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:20 pm

You can do it, Carla.

I started a little more than a month ago and it's been full of starts and stops before I finally got myself going consistently last week. Someone here has a line in his signature that always inspires me when I see it: "Fall down seven times, get up eight."

I hope this is a successful day for you.

carla70

Post by carla70 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:58 am

Successful day!! I could of made better choice of food at supper at resturaunt ... baby steps I guess.

Did a little bit of grocery shopping today and I was getting some cereal an I realized that the sugar in cereal ...well it's sugar!! can't have that right???

carla70

Post by carla70 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:30 am

I have done good until today. Without thinking at my parents house I was offered a cookie and I ate it.. was hungry hadn't eated since 7 a.m. and it was 4 p.m. not an excuse and when I was almost done with it it dawned on me it was a sweet..

Am liking this program and hoping to get my choices for food better and my portions under control. Which they seem to be doing. My plate doesn't seem to have to be as full. I seem to filll up faster too.

carla70

Post by carla70 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:37 pm

I have not done perfect but have done pretty good since last check in.. after trying on some of my now tight clothes over the weekend.. committment is there today!!!

Success is planned for today...

carla70

Post by carla70 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:54 am

Foodwise I am taking as a success.. but my glass ceiling was broken and shattered everywhere. So in the middle of the night I put in new shatterproof glass and determination.

So with that I am starting today as another DAY 1.

My weight has gone up steadily the last month and it is making so depressed, I need to succeed at this!!!

hikermom

Post by hikermom » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:23 pm

Yoohoo! Carla! Where are you?

Have things gone well this week?

carla70

Post by carla70 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:04 pm

I am back and going to give No S a try. I am the leader of our TOPS group which is good for the daily weigh in, I like the NO S concept as it is easy and love the new HabitCal to keep track. I don't like counting calories, WW points, etc and this I can do.

I started yesterday and had a Successful day.. so here's to another one. One Day at a time.

I will start the glass ceiling today and also incorporated exercise into my weekly routines too.