Alene's Check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

alene1

Re: Alene's Check-in

Post by alene1 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:49 pm

Monday, July 13th, 2020

Happy new week! Feeling pretty good this morning. The sun is shining and I have a nice day planned. I'm taking a walk with a friend over at the new house, and will give her a little tour if we aren't in the way of the painter. Grocery shopping, my TA workout later, misc. tasks at home.

We enjoyed spending time with our GS yesterday. He is getting so big and agile. Such a sweet boy. :D

Nothing too much else to report today. I'm getting really excited about my new workouts. I ordered a bunch of them and I'm excited to see what kinds of results I see.

Exercise: 70M walk
Steps: 12,497
Sleep Score: 75 - it didn't catch my last hour of sleep
Plan: Eating went well. Nothing exciting to report. :)

alene1

Post by alene1 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:03 pm

Tuesday, July 14th, 2020

Feeling a bit flat the last day or so. Thinking about the new school year and what is going to happen. How we are going to do this safely???? With cases rising there are no easy answers. Kids need to be in school, but we also have to worry about teachers and their families, and kids and their families. I just can't fixate on it. There is so much good stuff going on in my life, and I don't want to live in a state of dread. I'm going to do my very best to choose joy, and to choose to do things each day that bring joy.

Today I'm going to make my master list of furniture/kitchen/linens that we need for the new house and start shopping around online. I'm also going to stop at a few furniture stores and get some ideas. My DH is so very busy dealing with the landscaping stuff and work that I know he doesn't have much time to focus on the inside of the house. We're getting a new bed and new furniture so we've got to start getting those ducks in a row or we'll be sitting in a house with no furniture! I'm going to do my TA workout this morning, get ready, and then head out for the day.

Yesterday I got the last 3 appliances we need and set up delivery for September. I talked to our project manager yesterday and he said the house should be done the first or second week of September. Music to my ears! I'm not going to count on it, but be hopeful. I took a nice walk with one of my fellow teachers over at the new house. That was nice. We watered last night and DH was able to eat a few plums off our plum trees. Fun! Off to make this a great day. Wishing everyone a great day.

Exercise: None
Steps: 7,982
Sleep Score: 80
Plan: Had a good day on plan. Higher energy and felt good.
Last edited by alene1 on Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:38 pm

Your plums are ripe?! That is amazing!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/18-25.6; 8/18-24.5; 10/18-23.8;
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
6/20-22.5; 7/20-23.0 (struggling but not sure why)

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:02 pm

Sorry Alene, I am not a teacher so I don't have the same anxiety as I am sure you do, but I have also been really worried about the schools and how they are going to do things. It seems to me there are no good solutions right now. However, things are constantly changing so I am doing what you are doing, and just not fixate on it. I think that is a great thing to do for your mental health to choose joy and do what brings you joy.

In terms of food and eating, I have read that a lot of times people eat when their bodies don't need food because that is their main joy in their life and it is recommended to find joy beyond the food. I have definitely felt that way, so I think it's awesome that you are surrounded by so many good things and can find happiness in so many things in your life.

Have a great day!

alene1

Post by alene1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:11 pm

Auto, not all of them, but some! Pretty fun. :)

PH, I have read the same, and it makes a lot of sense. I'm going to work on actually setting aside time to do things I like to do, instead of mindlessly scrolling too much time during the day.

alene1

Post by alene1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:18 pm

Wednesday, July 15th, 2020

Yesterday was pretty successful. I found a few things I liked and scoped out the biggest furniture stores around this area. T'oday I'm heading down closer to Seattle to look at some other stores and see if I can find some things that I love. I did find a really cute loveseat that is grey'ish-blue and had the prettiest pillows on it. I may get that for the den. I need to take measurements and visualize how much space it will take up. I may need something a bit smaller. Our front door is a deep blue and the den is right next to it so a blue theme would be nice for that room.

Today I'm heading over to my Mom's to have dinner with her and my sister. I scoped out a healthy option at Panda Express of the Teriyaki Chicken and Super Greens. No wine for me tonight. :) Also gonna pop by and see my GS for a bit since I'll be very close. I'm going to do a TA workout this morning before I head out. I didn't do anything yesterday. I was eager to get on the road! Good day to all!

Exercise: none
Steps: 5,810
Sleep Score: 78
Plan: 46.4 to goal.

alene1

Post by alene1 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:08 pm

Thursday, July 16th, 2020

Yesterday was a good day, but a bit of a struggle because I was so tired. I realized that my bedtime has been creeping up since we're out at the property till late most nights. I wake up at 5:30 or 6:00 regardless of bedtime, so I need to get to sleep earlier. I felt kind of zombyish last night at Mom's. I found some nice couches yesterday. I need to find a time where DH and I can go together to sit on some. Order time is 4-6 weeks for a brand I like a lot that is made in Oregon. Saw my GS and had a lot of fun with him, as always! I took him outside for a little bit and he played in his pool. I hung out with him on the floor in his room and that was a lot of fun. I never get tired of watching him!

Today is stuff around home mostly, along with getting a few groceries and a new shower curtain. I'm going to be doing more research online today. I'll do some TA FOR SURE! I have slacked on that this week. Time to get busy!

Exercise:TA Mat 30M
Steps: 8,058
Plan: I had a good chat with my coach today. I had some wins to report this week. BP was at 121/82 this morning, which is low for me. I usually hover around 140/85~92, so that made me very happy!
Last edited by alene1 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:48 pm

Wow congratulations on the lower blood pressure! That is awesome!

I had the same trouble a few weeks ago with my bedtime getting later but being unable to sleep in because I wake up automatically at an earlier time. I hope you are able to get some good rest tonight. Sleep deprivation can really wear on you!

Have a great day!

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:33 pm

Congrats on the blood pressure! That is lovely - I know that feeling of seeing my blood pressure fall after making dietary changes. Powerful motivator!

And I too have been staying up a little later. Not that much, actually, but a little. But luckily I do compensate by sleeping in a little longer, too. I recognize that is a blessing. When I am more stressed (less present as Eckhart Tolle would remind me) the compensatory extra sleep doesn't usually happen.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8

alene1

Post by alene1 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:09 pm

PH, thanks a lot! I'm super happy about that.

Auto, I was able to sleep in a little this morning and it felt really good. Sometimes if I just relax and stay in bed I can eek out a bit more. :)

alene1

Post by alene1 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:20 pm

Friday, July 17th, 2020

Exercise: 25M walk
Steps: 12,567
Sleep score: didn't pick it up for some reason
Plan: Had a good day. I had a chicken caesar salad for dinner takeout, and that was a nice change. Everything on track.

Saturday, July 18th, 2020

Exercise: TA Mat 30M
Steps: 8,783
Sleep score: 83
Plan: 45.6 left to goal.

I did a lot of shopping yesterday, looking at things for the kitchen, bedrooms, and bathrooms. I got some new silverware, and some kitchen towels. I found a really pretty blue rug for the guest bath, and I'll use that as my base to decorate. I think I'll add some cream and cocoa. The bathroom is just to the right as you come in the front door, and it's blue, so I'm going to focus on blue in that bathroom and the den, which is just inside the door to the left.

Our floors are a brownish/red and our kitchen counters are earth-tone based granite. The main colors I'm going to use in the house are greens, blues, cream, and cocoa. I will probably add a few little splashes of yellow just because it makes me happy. :) I found some pretty comforters, so I need to figure out which one I want to get. Lots of misc. things to shop for! I usually know it when I see it though, so it shouldn't take me too, too long. I'll have to do a lot of it online because I didn't see that much that I liked at the stores. We also need to find a dining set for the patio.

Well, need to get some groceries and have some lunch, so I'm off! Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!
Last edited by alene1 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:20 pm

I love the color scheme of your house! It sounds so warm and inviting. Sounds like your bathroom is going to be so pretty!

Have a wonderful weekend!

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:13 am

Like Pinkie said, this color scheme sounds awesome!!!

Our bedroom is a cocoa type color, and it is still, after 10 years, my favorite colored room in the house.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8

alene1

Post by alene1 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:42 pm

PH and Auto, I'm glad you like my color scheme! I think it will be very restful and peaceful. That's my vibe. :)

alene1

Post by alene1 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:57 pm

Sunday, July 19th, 2020

Steps:5,920
Sleep Score: 85
Plan: All went well. We had friends over to the new house for a bbq. I had a bbq burger w/cheese and sans the bun, and a delicious, fresh salad with greens and herbs from the garden that my friend brought. I missed the wine, but not that much. :)

Monday, July 20th, 2020

Happy Monday, y'all! Hope it was a good one for everyone. We had a very nice one. Saturday we got coffee and took a nice drive down to a nearby small town on the water and sat on a log in the sun on the beach and drank coffee and chatted. It has been so busy with the house that we have been out of a touch lately. It was so nice to just spend time together and hang out. I really love taking a drive with our coffee on weekend mornings. Puttered around the house and made a new dish for dinner. I just kind of made it up, but it was chicken with tarragon and artichoke hearts with a sauce made from chicken broth and laughing cow light wedges. So good!! I topped it with broccoli and put it in the crock pot and we warmed it up once I got out to the house. It was so nice to have dinner all ready and not have to bbq. It was a beautiful night out, and we enjoyed a fire after dinner. DH is working very hard on the landscaping. We have to till in a ton of compost before we can plant some grass in front of the house. The property is about an acre, so there are a lot of areas that he's creating new landscaping. There is the front yard to do, as well as lots of beds around the house. He is such a hard worker. I have to get him to slow down sometimes!

Sunday we got coffee again and ran some errands, and then I went home to get things ready for our bbq with friends. We had a great visit with them, and the weather was superb. Finished up the night with another fire. Today some of our appliances are coming, so I need to be out at the house to receive them. They're putting in the cabinets on Friday so they need to be there. I'm going to continue my shopping today for new things for the house. Probably just online though.

I'm going to ramp up my exercise a little bit this week. I've been doing pretty low-intensity stuff. I'm going to do some workouts with more weight work and that get my heart rate up higher. Well, better get to it!

Exercise: 10M strength
Steps: 8,436
Sleep Score:72
Plan: The day was good. Nothing exciting to report. Had rotisserie chicken and salad at the new house. Simple and quick.
Last edited by alene1 on Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:50 pm

That sounds like such a nice weekend! Your chicken meal sounds delicious!

Our bedroom is a bright yet dark blue. Every time I look at it, I am reminded of how much I value my marriage. :D I really wanted a light restful blue for our room but my husband wanted this dark vibrant blue. We argued a bit, but in the end, I realized that he wanted that blue color more than I did and our happy relationship was more important than the paint color for the bedroom and so we painted the room dark blue. Have you and your husband been in agreement on all the house colors? It can be such a big and sometimes overwhelming task building and decorating a new house with someone.

Jen1974

Post by Jen1974 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:56 pm

Alene: Your house & your weekend sounds amazing (: I absolutely love fires!!

Pink: I love that story about your marriage. I think that’s what the happiest marriages are made of, putting them first, at least some of the times, & picking your battles :wink:

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:33 am

Alene - I so enjoyed reading your description of your weekend!

Pinkie - I too loved your marriage story. :-)
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8

alene1

Post by alene1 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:38 pm

PH, what a great story about your room. It's definitely a give and take in a good relationship. We actually have the same taste in almost everything so far. He has a picture I really don't care for that he loves, so we need to figure that out. :) He's letting me do most of the decorating on my own without too much feedback, so that is fun! I'm running stuff by him though. He cares about what kind of cookware we get, and what kind of vacuum for our new flooring. Most of his attention is on the landscaping, so that is fine with me! lol

Auto, I'm glad you enjoyed hearing about our weekend. :)

Jen, I love fires too! Sitting out at the fire pit is one of my favorite things.
Last edited by alene1 on Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alene1

Post by alene1 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:53 pm

Tuesday, July 21st, 2020

Off to see my daughter for a quick visit, then go see my grandson and family, and then dinner with mom and sis! I'm looking forward to a fun day of socializing. I'm going to take a walk near my daughter's this morning. Good day to all.

Steps: 3,814
Plan: Had a good day.
Last edited by alene1 on Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:13 pm

I am glad everyone enjoyed my story. :) Jen I agree, picking your battles and putting your partner first is so important!

Alene, yes relationships really are all about compromise and it is so wonderful when your partner has the same philosophy. It sounds like you and your husband are a great team for building and redecorating the house. My husband also has a few paintings that I don't really love that he loves so I understand how that goes!

Enjoy your socializing! Sounds like you have a great day planned!

alene1

Post by alene1 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:44 pm

Wednesday, July 22nd, 2020

Oh my, I had the BEST time with my sweet grandson yesterday. So much fun. He smiled really big when he saw me. He just lights me up. He took a few steps for my yesterday, and learned how to clap his hands. He was so pleased with himself. He is growing and changing so fast. :D I enjoyed a quick visit with my daughter on her lunch break, and also a nice time with my mom and sis playing pinochle and having dinner. I didn't get a walk in, even though I intended to. I left too late in the morning. I'm so used to puttering around these days that I didn't get myself together in time!

Today I have a teacher meeting at one of the teacher's houses that is on a lake. It's just beautiful. We'll sit outside. It will be good to see everyone and catch up, and do some brainstorming on the coming year. It's looking like it's likely we'll start the year with remote learning. We need to find a better way for sure!

Things are really coming along on the house. The deck is almost done, and they're putting the water filtration system in today. Cabinets are installed on Friday. We're getting close!

I'm definitely going to get in a workout or a walk today. No excuses! Happy Wednesday. :)

Exercise: 70M walk
Steps: 11,714
Sleep Score: didn't wear my Fitbit to bed
Plan: I had a nice drop this morning. Yay! I was feeling a bit discouraged yesterday at the scale not moving much this week. 44.6 left to goal.
Last edited by alene1 on Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:34 pm

So glad you had such a wonderful visit with your grandson!

Your teacher meeting sounds great! I would love to sit outside at a house on a lake with people other than my family right about now... :)

Good luck getting your walk in! I know what you mean about puttering. I feel like my whole life is puttering right now and you sound like you do WAY more than I do!

Have a great day!

alene1

Post by alene1 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:00 pm

PH, it WAS super nice to get to visit and just be somewhere else than home. :lol: I need to rein in my puttering! School will be starting before too long and I need to prepare myself. :)

alene1

Post by alene1 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:14 pm

Thursday, July 23rd, 2020

Steps: 8,224
Sleep Score: 83
Plan: Oh my gosh, I was so hungry yesterday! I'm quite sure it was related to my long walk the night before. Since my calories are quite reduced, exercise can really ramp up my appetite. I'm going to have to be careful with that. I made it through the day okay, but had some extra protein and almonds and that helped. I'm proud of myself for talking back to my sabotaging thoughts, getting creative, and working myself through the day.

Friday, July 24th, 2020

Yesterday was puttering on steroids. lol I gotta get out of that habit. Lots of mindless scrolling too. I think the gray days really do affect my mood. I went out and got some things done and got a coffee. We went to the new house last night and it was so exciting! The light fixtures were in, and the deck and railings are done. They just need to do the steps. It all looks really great! I was feeling so good and then looked over at our new dishwasher we brought, and there were two big dents on the door. It really took the wind out of my sails. I was mad!! Not sure how that happened but they better plan on fixing it or I'm going to be really pissed! It must have been the electricians because I'm pretty sure they were the only ones in there yesterday. Trying to stay calm about it, but it was just a real blow to see our pretty new dishwasher with dents in it before it was even installed. I know it will get taken care of one way or another, so I'm trying really hard to chill about it. Why is it that we always focus on the thing that's wrong instead of all the things that are right? It seems to be the human condition, or maybe it's just having a bad attitude. Either way, I've been trying to focus on my thoughts a lot more, and how they really decide how I'm going to be feeling during the day. Our self talk is so powerful.

I'm going to go look at deck furniture shortly, and go through all my lists and put my plan in my planner for shopping priorities. School will be starting before we know it. I am just realizing how short my time is before we go back to school! We are supposed to have our general plan by the 30th. It's looking a lot like starting with distance learning. So not what I want to be doing, but almost certainly the safest thing to do with cases ramping up in our county after we have re-opened. Our governor dialed back the re-opening yesterday, which I think had to happen. Our bars downtown have been packed. That's just not going to work right now.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Exercise: 10M upper body
Steps: 13,450
Sleep Score: 88
Plan: Another teeny drop. 44.4 to goal. Definitely seeing a flattening of my belly and behind now, and arms are slimming down. Moving is easier and my energy is pretty good. Some of my clothes are getting a little looser too. Very encouraging.
Last edited by alene1 on Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:48 pm

hah hah I just re read my comment and I realized it could sound like I said you do way more puttering than I do. I meant you do way more activities than I do! lol :D Just wanted to clarify, I wasn't trying to be insulting.

Sounds like you dealt with your increased hunger really well! I know I have trouble with that too sometimes and think self defeating thoughts about how obviously my plan isn't working. But I have come to realize that sometimes I have increased hunger and I just need to eat a little more and it is Ok. That is great that you are able to see some physical changes! That is so encouraging.

Sorry about your dishwasher! :( That is so maddening! I hope it gets resolved. It sounds like you are doing a great job being aware and trying not to focus on the negative though. I totally agree that self talk is super powerful.

I hope you enjoy your day and get stuff done that you want to!

alene1

Post by alene1 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:57 pm

PH, I knew what you meant! I'm feeling more calm about the dishwasher. I found out what it would cost to replace the panel. So far no one has fessed up.

alene1

Post by alene1 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:09 pm

Saturday, July 25th, 2020

I had such a good day yesterday. Great energy, great hunger control, and ate well. I made a taco salad last night with ground turkey, and had salsa, light sour cream, and guac on it. Very good!

The house is really coming along now! We had the best time last night. The light fixtures were all put in, and we were able to turn on all the lights! So fun to see everything all lit up, especially when it got dark. We have lantern-style lights on the garage, and at the front door and back deck. They looked so pretty. Having the plates put on the outlets make the rooms look so much more finished. You can really see the paint color now, and it looks soft and pretty next to the white. It's called buttermilk. So we had the best time just sitting on the side of the deck, having our dinners and being happy about the house. :) We puttered around and got all the extra wood and other garbage left by the contractors put in the trailer to take to the dump. It looks so nice to have all that stuff picked up and gone. It felt really good to work together on that. There's a lot that DH does on his own to take care of the property, and it made me feel more ownership to be out there working on it together.

Today I'm going to color my hair, tidy up a bit, laundry, and get some strawberries. I'm going to make strawberry shortcake for tomorrow's get together at Mom's. My daughter and son and their families will be there, and my sister's sons too. It should be a lot of fun. It's the last time we'll see my GS for a while because they need to quarantine strictly again before they go visit my DIL's parents.

Tonight we'll grill burgers at the new house, and I'm going to make zucchini and yellow squash foil packets from the garden. I found a recipe with parmesan, butter, and spices. Looks yum! Hope everyone has a good day.

Exercise: 30M walk
Steps: 11,671
Sleep Score: 80
Plan: All went well.
Last edited by alene1 on Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:10 pm

Oh good, I am glad you knew what I meant! :)

Sounds like such a wonderful night last night! And another wonderful day planned for today! Have fun grilling at the new house!

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:45 pm

I'm grilling zucchini tonight, too!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8

alene1

Post by alene1 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:00 pm

Sunday, July 26th, 2020

Exercise: 1H 20M walk
Steps: 15,583
Plan: All on track

Monday, July 27th, 2020

Steps: 5,165
Sleep Score: Didn't wear to bed
Plan: I got extra hungry in the afternoon. This always seems to happen if I do longer or more intense exercise the day before. I'm going to either have to eat a little more on the exercise day, or plan to eat a little more the day after. I did some unplanned eating before dinner of graham crackers with butter. It was leftover from the s'mores we had with family at the new house. I figure that is going to happen occasionally. I'm not perfect, and sometimes you just need to eat some fun food! I think I got it out of my system. This is only the 2nd time in almost 4 weeks that I have done this, so I feel really happy about that.

My weight has been doing the cha cha, up and down just a bit over the week, so no real downward movement. Annoying but our bodies are going to do what they do! I'll just keep staying the course and being patient.

Tuesday, July 28th, 2020

I had a busy day yesterday looking around for a dining table for our deck. I finally found a small one that will do till at least next spring. There isn't much out there this time of year and I didn't want to buy chairs I hadn't sat in. It was so fun last night sitting on the deck looking out at the water! They just need to put the hand rails on today and then it will be done. We have wide steps going off the front to maintain the view, with a small amount of railing on the sides to provide a feeling of coziness and privacy, and stairs going off the side. We are supposed to get our cabinets in today, so that will be super exciting!

I have a teacher meeting this morning. The district is announcing our plan for starting in September this week, so the fun begins! Pretty sure it will be distance learning to start. Miscellaneous shopping today. I found a really pretty comforter in blue and green that I'm going to get, and some pretty mint colored sheets. We ordered our bed, dresser, and nightstand this weekend, and it's just beautiful. It's made out of hickory. The nightstands are such a pretty shape too. They have a nice curve to them. We picked out couches, but need to decide on the color. I talked to the window coverings company yesterday and they will be ready for us once we get the trim up around the windows. Things are coming together!

Exercise: RIU 25M
Steps: 9,438
Sleep Score: 84
Plan: I had a really good day. I made a yummy chicken stir-fry for dinner.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:49 pm

Hi Alene! As a fellow sleep score tracker, I was curious if you notice that you actually are more tired on the days that you get a lower (for you) score. What do you think?

The biggest correlation I see is that on days that I get the most deep sleep, I feel GREAT, even if my score wasn't particularly higher than normal or my hours of sleep wasn't as high as normal. For me, deep sleep is the key. I know all the stages are important, but that's the one that I think varies most for me based on stress, alcohol-intake, blood sugar, night-time disturbances, etc.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8

alene1

Post by alene1 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:56 pm

Wednesday, July 29th, 2020

I had a really fun day yesterday! I ordered our new comforter, did all the grocery shopping, got in a good workout, and just overall had a good day. The cabinets were installed yesterday and they look so beautiful!! I love them and it just changes everything so much to see them in the house. They're beech with a natural finish and a shaker door style. I am having the best time with decorating and dreaming and shopping! lol I'm going to call the project manager about the dishwasher today and get that figured out. No resolution as of yet, but I hope to get some today. As in, you pay for it!!!! :mrgreen:

I'm going to take a walk this morning and then get shopping! Lots of little things to get, and some bigger ones. I think I'll go take another look at some of the local furniture stores for end and coffee tables, tv stands, and dining tables. I may have to drive further to find what I want. Have a good day, all!

Exercise: 30M walk
Steps: 11,276
Plan: 43.4 to goal.
Last edited by alene1 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:35 am

You sound so good, happy and engaged. It’s wonderful to see. I’m excited to hear more about your house. I hope you’ll post pics soon.
Put in reasonable, sustainable perimeters on your eating and exercise and then get on with the rest of your life.

3/14-210 lbs;
3/15–200 lbs
3/16-170 lbs
3/17-168.4 lbs
3/18-160 lbs.
3/19-163 lbs
3/20 167.7 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"

alene1

Post by alene1 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:24 pm

Auto, I will have to notice that about my sleep score. I don't really notice a big difference in fatigue as long as I get approximately the same amount of sleep. I just notice it when I have a really bad night of sleep! I had Fitbit Premium but just went back to regular, so I won't get as much sleep data. I'll have to see if I think it's worth it to pay for it. I think it's $9.95 a month or so? Seems like a lot for what you get. Do you do Premium?

Linda, so great to see you back! You have been missed. I am feeling really good right now. I'm having such fun decorating the house! My husband has been doing a lot of the work outside and working with contractors, so I haven't felt as much ownership as I would like. Now that I'm creating a beautiful interior for us I feel very much a part of things. It feels really good! I told DH last night I just feel so happy and thankful for our new home that we are creating together. I will post some pics soon. I keep meaning to!

alene1

Post by alene1 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:52 pm

Thursday, July 30th, 2020

Steps: 8,041
Plan: 43.2 to goal. All went well.

Friday, July 31st, 2020

Exercise: Ramp It Up (25M)
Steps: 6,257
Sleep Score: -
Plan: 42.6 to goal. Had a rough evening and ate off plan. My workout made me extra hungry all day. Late afternoon and evening workouts seem so much better for me. My body just seems to handle them much better and I don't get hungry like that. Maybe it has something to do with blood sugar being more sensitive in the morning. I know I've read that somewhere.

Saturday, August 1st, 2020

Steps: 9,451
Sleep Score: 84
Plan: Had a great day. Very light hunger and felt great. Made a yummy pork tenderloin and green beans and took it out the house in a crock pot.

Sunday, August 2nd, 2020

It's been some busy days! I have been shopping up and storm! I found a dining set I just loved in hickory and a very light finish, almost natural. It's built in Indiana by an Amish company. I brought in DH to check it out and we ended up getting our dining set, bar stools, entertainment center, and coffee and end tables there. All hickory in natural except the dining set. I think that's going to look really cool with the darker brownish-red flooring. It will pick up the dark knots in the grain of the furniture and bring them out. I'm so excited to get everything! We will have to be patient though and make do until things get here. It is made to order and will take 10-12 weeks. I'll get some cheap stools for our island counter and we can eat there till everything comes. We'll have our couches at least! lol I also got an amazing recliner for the den. It's blue and it's sooooo comfy! It's like being in a cloud. :D Our king bed is also going to be in hickory, and that we ordered a week or two ago and will be here before the house is done. I got comforters for our bed and for the queen bed in the guest room. It's a really pretty striped blue, and looks very crisp and nautical and fits with us being by the water. It's oversized and very soft, so that will be really nice for our guests. I want to make that room so pretty, cozy, and inviting when people stay with us. I need to finalize the couch/loveseat color and get that ordered Monday since it takes about 6 weeks. Made right next door in Oregon! It feels good to have most of the major stuff bought. We mostly just need mattresses now and some linens and kitchen things.

Feeling good about my plan and my progress. Yesterday I looked in the mirror and I was really pleased. My belly is a lot flatter, my arms are leaner, my waist more defined, and I'm losing from my lower half too. My clothes just fit so much more nicely now, and I feel so much better emotionally. In control and in a good routine. I'm going to go through my stuff again today as I'm folding and putting away laundry and get rid of some more things that I don't like very well or that are a little big and not that flattering any more. Other than that it will be a little tidying, making the weekly grocery list and planning dinners, and then going out to the house to sweep it out. They are coming to install the flooring mid-August. Also counters and final plumbing mid-August too, so things are really coming together! After that it will be carpet in, tile in bathrooms, doors on, trim on, appliances in, and then just finishing touches mostly. It is getting so exciting now!

Okay, off to get going on my day. Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Exercise:
Steps:
Sleep Score: 87 - Not sure how I got this score. I went to bed past midnight but stayed in bed a little later. Since I don't have premium right now I can't see the breakdown of my score.
Plan:

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:02 pm

You are doing so great! :-)

Sleep Score - no, I don't get Premium (I agree it's too expensive). However I still get a free breakdown of my sleep score that shows the time spent in each stage, your monthly average, and the average time in each stage for women of a similar age as you. I now also get (for free) an oxygen saturation variation chart, which can show possible indicators for sleep apnea. The only things missing from the free part are indices of restlessness and some more detailed heart rate information. I can see the heart rate information anyway for free just by looking at my heart rate panel.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:52 pm

I am so jealous of your recliner! Or envious actually... It sounds so great! We have been recliner shopping for ages. Your house sounds like it is coming together beautifully! I really do hope you can post pictures at some point.

Good for you with staying on your plan and seeing the results! It is such a nice feeling. I don't have premium fitbit either but it shows me my sleep score and my restlessness and all that. On the sleep subject... does anyone else have over an hour of awake time each night? I don't remember being awake but my fitbit adds it up and says I am awake for at least an hour throughout the night.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:44 pm

Yes! I typically am awake for about 1 hour every night. Current monthly average - 13%

My deep sleep varies the most - from only 1 hour on bad nights to 2 hours on the BEST nights. :-) current monthly average - 17%

My REM also varies a lot - but about 2 hours is common. montly average - 22%

Most definitely the more deep sleep I get the better I feel. I don't see any other super strong correlation with how I feel when I get up in the morning.

I'd love to slap a fitbit on my kiddos and see how much lovely deep sleep they get. I bet it'd blow me out of the water. :-)
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:54 pm

Thanks auto! That is interesting. I typically have an hour to an hour and 30 minutes awake time but I don't think I have EVER had 2 hours of deep sleep. My current monthly average for deep sleep is 13% And my REM is 13% as well. I wonder if it's because my husband snores and talks in his sleep so much. I actually wear ear plugs to sleep at night because of it. So interesting to see your statistics!

Alene, I hope you are doing well! :)