laura check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

laura03

laura check in

Post by laura03 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:48 pm

checking in this is my third day, today i didn't do so well . I did groceries today and i went when i was really hungry :roll: Leason learned ,i CANNOT do groceries when i'm hungry even though i think i can[I can't] :(

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:07 pm

Don't get discouraged, Laura. Sometimes it takes a little while for this to click. Keep going, and you will find success. :D

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:16 pm

Hang in there laura. It's all about habit. What you "can't" do now will seem easy once you've retrained yourself a bit.

Reinhard

JustAnnie

Post by JustAnnie » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:30 am

Day 3 was hard for me too. This was Day 4 for me and it wasn't as bad. I can see this as being a bumpy road for a while. Keep on keeping on!! I will too!! :D
Just Annie

You Can't Fail Until You Quit Trying

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:36 pm

Yes, sometimes it's so bumpy we bounce right out of the wagon! Just climb back on and keep going!