Murphysraven New Check in (with photo's)

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Murphysraven

Murphysraven New Check in (with photo's)

Post by Murphysraven » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:50 pm

I decided to start a new check in with some small food photos (taken with my camera phone, at last it has a use!) I use flickr.com to host my photo's cause it's free and fairly easy to use. Plus I thought it would be fun to have small photo's for people to see the 1 plate method.

My hubby's decided to jump on the nos bandwagon. His career path has changed from a physically active job to more of a desk job and he's getting depressed over his slightly expanding midsection.

Anyways, I didn't snap a shot of my breakfast but it was a small bowl of plain yogurt with a few frozen cherries and a drizzle of honey.

Lunch was a roast beef sandwich and cheese-its

Dinner (no picture) was a small salad, chicken & black bean quesadias and a few baked french fries (less than a handful)

SUCCESS
When I asked for all things, so that I may enjoy Life, I was given Life, so that I may enjoy all things.

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:30 pm

Breakfast:
Light & Fit Yogurt with Frozen Blueberries and Granola

Lunch: (little bit of vertical stacking)
Chicken and cheese quesadias (leftover from dinner last night)
Cheese Nips
When I asked for all things, so that I may enjoy Life, I was given Life, so that I may enjoy all things.

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:49 pm

you're making me HUNGRY :lol:

very tasty looking!

And your plates look very reasonable too!

I need to have breakfast now. 8)
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Cool!!
THe oatmeal with blueberries looks yummy!
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18