Trisha's daily check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Trisha*

Trisha's daily check in

Post by Trisha* » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:25 pm

Today is my first day. I read about the No S Diet in Woman's World. The simplicity is more than the mind of an obsessive dieter can comprehend. So here I am on day 1. My hardest habit to break is going to be eliminating sodas. I am addicted to coke, root beer and sprite. I can't do the diet sodas....they taste nasty :roll: . So it is going to be water or iced tea for me. :?

Starting at 201 lbs. My goal weight is 145.

I am psyched! This diet is so very doable.

shea521

Post by shea521 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:56 am

hi trisha i heard about this in woman's world also. good luck you can do it
you can't finish if you never start

viggie

Post by viggie » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:44 pm

Hi. I started this week also. 4/7 to be exact. I too was addict to soda. Couldn't have my dinner without one. But as you do the diet it is quite liberating to know that you can do this. Just make sure you do the habit-cal. After a few days seeing those green marks spures you on to the next day. Much sucess to you :wink:

Trisha*

Day 1

Post by Trisha* » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:27 pm

The first day wasn't too very hard. :lol: I was able to stay on track all day...until the end. I came home from work and someone had left my birthday cake out on the counter. So I had to put it away and I just couldn't resist a moment longer. It was ice cream cake and I had a piece. If not for that I would have been 100%

Trisha*

DAY 2

Post by Trisha* » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:31 pm

It is so hard to just eat 3 times a day. I sure am craving those snack times. I haven't had a soda since I started, and I thought that giving up the sodas was going to be the hard part. But I get so hungry my stomach is growling at night. I was almost 100% again! But I had a donut with my lunch. I had to! I had no choice...a friend bought donuts and she went out of her way to get me a boston cream...which is my fav.

Trisha*

DAY 3

Post by Trisha* » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:33 pm

I keep trying but just can't get to that 100%. I was good all day, but when I got home my ice cream cake was calling to me. So I am still looking for my first day.

Trisha*

weekend days

Post by Trisha* » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:34 pm

wow! I did so great this weekend. First of all I did not have any sodas this weekend. I felt that if I did it would be like taking a step backwards. So I believe that I can say I have successfully broken the soda habit. Now only 3 more to go :lol: Well actually I have never been guilty of seconds so I guess I can claim that as a success. It has been so hard to only eat 3 meals. So I have been guilty of snacking...and of course all my snacks are sugary ones. I have changed my oj for v8. YEAH! Every day is a step closer to 100%....and I think today is going to be the day.

viggie

Post by viggie » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:41 pm

Good for you :D Just keeping thinking as the little engine that could.