Jenny's daily check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jennymenny

Jenny's daily check in

Post by Jennymenny » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:29 pm

Hi all!! I found the No S way through a co worker. We decided to start this new *better* way of eating this week.

Start weight: 183 lbs

Day 1 (yesterday) was good. I ate my breakfast and lunch at work like I normally do. Nothing out of the norm until it was time for my 3 o'clock snack time. Everyday around 3 I have a little snack (100 calorie pack). Yesterday was HARD because I was craving a snack. To make matters worse my husband had to work late so we didn't eat dinner until super late. I thought I was going to break and eat a snack but I was strong and didn't. I had a great dinner and was good to go for the evening.
Last edited by Jennymenny on Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:44 pm

Good for you Jenny for stickin' it out. But remember, you can always have a glass of milk to tide you over. Check out the book about things like that.

:)
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

Jennymenny

Post by Jennymenny » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:53 am

Day 2

pretty much the same as yesterday, had breakfast and lunch at work. Started to feel "snacky" in the late afternoon. I popped in a piece of gum (i think I read that was ok?). I left work at 5 and when I got home I wanted to eat SOOO bad!! I didn't, I fought the urges and drank some water. I did make dinner earlier than I normally do because I was so hungry. I eat breakfast around 8:30 and then lunch about 11:30 (my lunch time at work) and then there is nothing until I make dinner around 6:30-7. I really can't eat lunch at a later time because I have a specific lunch hour work. The time between lunch and dinner is the hardest for me, its only been 2 days but for me to not snack in those two days is HUGE!!!! I think I read the first few weeks were the hardest but I am determined to get through it! Tomorrow I'll start walking during my lunch time. Its about a 2 mile walk. I used to do it everyday and then I got lazy and put on a bunch of weight.

Jennymenny

Post by Jennymenny » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:56 pm

Day 3

Oh no! a failure?!

Did my ususal breakfast, walked 2 miles during my lunch hour and managed to wait til 2 to eat my lunch at my desk. I was not feeling too good today, having a grumpy day and feeling run down...basically pre menstrual. Got home and wanted to snack but I didn't. Made burgers and fries for dinner. I got half way through a glass of sweet tea and realized it was Sweet tea. I guess I didn't think about it being an "S" when I poured the glass. I drank half the glass and that was it. Day 3 and I had a failure :(

I "feel" so hungry at dinner time that I am over eating. I don't get seconds but I think I get too much on my plate. Any suggestions on how to get away from that? Obviously if I get less I will be tempted to get seconds...I guess its something I have to work on and find the balance.

rose

Post by rose » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:32 am

Failures are part of the noS experience ;)
Don't fret over it, just try to learn when/what/how to eat so that it does not happen again. If you are like me you will have many more failures - I learn slowly - just keep going!
Started NoS Jan 07 at 74.5kg (164 lbs, BMI 26.7)
Stable since Jan 08 at 64kg (141 lbs, BMI 23)
My progress chart

Jennymenny

Post by Jennymenny » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:39 am

woohoo!! Another sucessful day!!

AND...I was not totally craving a snack in the afternoon!!!!

Jennymenny

Post by Jennymenny » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:52 pm

Day 5
Success!!!

My plan for the S days is to have just one snack OR sweet on each day.

Jennymenny

Post by Jennymenny » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:37 pm

Day 6 (1st S day)
I only had one S today and it wasn't until at night. I convinced my hubby to go to DQ with me to get a blizzard. I knew all day thats what I wanted and I didn't have any other S's all day.

Day 6: Success!!

Jennymenny

Post by Jennymenny » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:59 am

My "S" today was a thing called Toll House pie. It was yummy but too sweet for me and I only ate a little piece. I did go back a eat a few walnuts off the top, so I guess not only did I have a sweet but I had a second. Those were my only S's for the day. Not bad for my first 2 S days!!

Jennymenny

Post by Jennymenny » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:08 am

Success!!

Jennymenny

Post by Jennymenny » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:02 am

success the past 2 days.

I am still trying to get the whole portion thing right. sometimes at night I over eat when i am feeling hungry but i am really working on that.

Jennymenny

Post by Jennymenny » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:12 am

success!

We went out to dinner and I didn't have bread before the meal AND I refrained from getting the super delicious looking strawberry shortcake. Both make for a HUGE successful day for me!!

Jennymenny

Post by Jennymenny » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:51 pm

success!