Susieokla daily check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

susieokla

Susieokla daily check-in

Post by susieokla » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:44 pm

Well, first day. Still trying to read up on everything and other people's posts so I can get a full understanding of how this all works but I think I'm figuring it out.

Today I believe was a success, I had no snacks in between meals, no sweets and no seconds.

Breakfast-Strawberry Fat Free Yogurt, fresh strawberries, I did have these new snack stick things that Pringles makes and they are vanilla flavored so that might be a sweet??

Lunch-Tuna with fat free mayo & relish, string cheese, 100 calorie pack Sun Chips.

Dinner-Chef salad, lettuce, ham, stredded cheese, bell pepper, baby carrots, ranch on the side, whole wheat crackers.

The thing I am most proud of is not having a snack between lunch and dinner. I have been really bad at work around 2:00 or 3:00 having to have a snack preferably something chocolate but I fought the temptation. I hope I can keep that up.

I really like this plan because it gives you the weekends to look forward to for a treat and you don't feel totally deprived!! :D

Exercise-30 minute treadmill.
Susie
Last edited by susieokla on Fri May 02, 2008 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Fri May 02, 2008 12:34 am

Day 2-

Another success or at least what I call success for me.

Breakfast @ 9:00 a.m. - Apple with Peanut Butter

Late Lunch @ 1:45 due to meetings - Ham sandwich w/mustard, baby carrots, string cheese

Dinner @ 6:30'ish-Popcorn Chicken Jr. Snack Wrap with w/Ranch, Cherry Limeade.

I'm not sure if the Peanut Butter or Cherry Limeade count as sweets or not since they have sugar in them. But I did manage another day with no snacks between meals which is a big accomplishment. :lol:

Exercise-30 minutes treadmill
Susieokla

No S Diet Start Weight 10/6/08: 165 lbs

Current weight as of 10/14/08: 160 lbs

Goal Weight: 135-140 lbs

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Sat May 03, 2008 2:04 am

Day 3-

Success :P

Breakfast 8:30 -Piece of toast with peanut butter

Lunch 1:00-Arby's Beef & Cheddar sandwich, I was so tempted to make it a combo & get the curly fries but stuck to just the sandwich

Dinner-7:30'ish 1/2 of a spicy chicken wrap, baked doritos

I had the worse day at work today!! It was so stressful, not only work wise but food temptations where everywhere. There was birthday cake a co-worker brought to work. I used the excuse that I was way too busy to take a break so they were kind enough to save me a piece for later. I was hoping to leave it in the office fridge and forget about it but was reminded about it when I was leaving for the day and told to take it home and eat it later. I took it and was tempted to eat it in the car on the way home. I ended up throwing it away. I hate to waste food but I was determined not to mess up my day. Then there were the chocolate chip cookies that were shoved under my nose and a co-worker insisted I have one since I was having such a crappy day. I told her thanks but no thanks.

I went to Wal-Mart after work and set out to find a "treat" I could have this weekend, looked at chocolate...no, donuts...no, ice cream....no..any other time I would've scarfed any of these down without thinking twice. I finally decided on sugar free angel food cake, strawberries & strawberry flavored cool whip. Can't wait to have some tomorrow!! Husband dug into this evening and I thought about going ahead and eating some early but decided to wait until tomorrow.

So all in all a good day for me, other then the work stress.
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Sun May 04, 2008 10:55 pm

Day 4 & 5

S days

All I can say is Blech!

Saturday:

Breakfast 8:30-Cold Cereal, milk, 1 pc of cinnamon raisin toast
Lunch 1:30-Club sandwich, chips
Snack 4:30-Popcorn, chocolate covered peanuts, couple of nachos
No Dinner
Snack 7:30-Angel food cake, strawberries, cool whip

I was feeling really good until I went to the movies with my daughter, that's where I had the popcorn & chocolate covered peanuts, plus a few of her nachos. By the time we got out of there my stomach was so upset, ate way too much popcorn. So I decided to skip dinner but went and ahead and ate desert, was way too full.

Sunday:

Breakfast 8:30-Biscuits & Gravy, Turkey Bacon, Fried Egg
Lunch 2:00 Nachos, popcorn, candy bar

Well, felt ok after breakfast but ended up going to the movies again, yes, more nachos, more popcorn, more chocolate candy, more feeling miserable. I think that's enough of that stuff for me for a while. :cry:
Not sure if I'll eat anyththing else today, I really got to let my stomach settle down first.

So, what I've learned on my first "S" weekend is it's ok to have a little treat, but not to overdo it. I did enjoy being able to eat things that I can't throughout the week, but just a little will do.

I'm looking forward to getting back on No S days tomorrow, is that weird??
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Tue May 06, 2008 2:29 am

Day 6

Success! :D

Breakfast 8:30-Yogurt, granola

Lunch 12:00-Boneless chicken, mashed potatoes, roll

Dinner 5:30-Potato Soup, wheat crackers

Exercise-30 minutes treadmill

Went to my son's first T-ball game and was tempted to get some popcorn and candy from the concession stand but then remembered how yucky I felt this past weekend after eating that junk so I declined.

Had a good day!!
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Tue May 06, 2008 11:08 pm

Day 7-

Success!

Breakfast 9:00-Yogurt, granola

Lunch 1:00-Healthy Choice frozen dinner. The dinner did include a desert but I am still counting the day as a sucess because the desert portion was maybe 3 bites and the entire dinner wasn't very much food at all.

Dinner 6:00-Special K cereal w/granola, milk, 2 pcs of Cinnamon Raisin toast

I was starving by the time I got home and ate dinner. If I'm going to eat frozen dinners for lunch I definately need a slice of bread or crackers to eat with it, it just wasn't enough food and didn't stay with me very long.

I'm still proud that I have had no snacks between meals on my No S days!

Oh, and I weighed in today at work and lost 2.3 lbs! Woo-Hoo!! :lol: It had been 3 weeks since I weighed but it's still a loss and has motivated me to stick to this plan.
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Wed May 07, 2008 11:59 pm

Day 8-

Success!! :)

Breakfast 8:30-Yogurt, Granola

Lunch 12:00-Grilled Chicken Wrap, Baked Doritos

Dinner 6:00-Macaroni & Cheese w/Tuna, Black Eyed Peas, wheat crackers

I'm going to add a banana to my breakfast tomorrow morning, hoping it will help keep me fuller longer.

My lunch was probably too much food. It's actually called a Chicken Fajita Sandwich, it's a tortilla with grilled chicken, lettuce, cheese and sour cream and folded over like a soft taco. I did skip the regular torilla chips and ate the baked Doritos instead.

Dinner was very satisfying tonight. I think because it wasn't a salad or soup or cereal. I'm hoping it wil keep me full until bed time. The past few nights my belly has felt a little empty when I went to bed.

Going to walk on the treadmill this evening, I skipped lastnight.
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Thu May 08, 2008 11:37 pm

eDay 9

Failure :x

Breakfast 8:30-Yogurt, Granola, Banana

Lunch 12:00-Chicken Torilla Soup, small piece of bread w/butter, 1 cookie.

Dinner 7:00-Going to my daughter's sports banquet, not sure yet what they are serving...just got back from the banquet, had bbq beef, baked beans, potato salad & garlic bread. My daughter got me a plate of desert and begged me to try it but I didn't touch it.

So, anyways the story of the cookie. Me and 7 other co-workers went out to lunch for one of their birthdays. It was a little bistro that serves sandwiches, soups, salads, etc. So I order a medium size bowl of the soup, doing good. Then one of the ladies buys a dozen cookies. They are these lemon cookies that melt in your mouth and they are about the size of a half dollar. They're passing around the plate and I'm saying, no thank you, I'm full, thanks anyways and the entire table insists that I try just one because they're so good, would not shut up so I take one and eat it and then get mad at myself for doing it. To them it's no big deal but to me it is. I'm trying really hard to follow this plan to a T because I want to make this change in my life where I am in control of my food instead of food having control over me. :cry:

I know I should probably cut myself some slack, it's one little cookie, it's not the end of the world and tomorrow is another day and another chance to not slip up.
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Fri May 09, 2008 6:51 pm

Day 10

Failure :(

Today is only half way over but I can already count it as a failure

Breakfast 10:00-Chocolate Chip Cookie

Lunch 12:00-Small Cheeseburger, Small Fries from McDonalds

Gee, I'm doing great today.......
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Fri May 09, 2008 10:38 pm

Day 10 continued.....

what a day...My son graduated Kindergarten this morning, that is where I had my breakfast of a Chocolate Chip cookie. I didn't have time to eat breakfast before we left the house for the graduation so I was starving my 10:00 and I know I should've waited 30 more minutes until I got home so I could eat something healthier, but of course I didn't. No more cookies!!!! :( :cry: :oops: :x

Dinner 5:30-Popcorn chicken jr. snack wrap w/ranch, 3 tater tots.

I have been running non stop all day. After the graduation this morning I had to go to Wal-Mart and get some things from a Graduation party tomorrow night. One daughter graduates 8th grade & the other graduates 12th grade tomorrow. What a weekend!! I am going to have cake, punch and finger foods for our guests. Hopefully everything will work out good.

Off to a t-ball this evening and then home to pass out and get ready for another busy day.
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Sun May 11, 2008 4:14 am

Day 11

Thank goodness it was an S day!!

Had both of my daughters graduations today and threw a graduation party, I am beat!

Breakfast 8:30-1 Pancake, 2 pcs of Bacon, few bites of torilla roll ups that I made for the party.

Lunch 1:00-Subway Melt Sandwich, Sun Chips

Snack 2:00-2 White Chocolate Macadamia nut cookies. Yes, I continued my cookie trend that I seem to have going on. I wish I would've ate just one instead of two but oh well

Dinner 5:30-Tortilla Roll-Ups, cheese, crackers, chips, dip, lil' smokies, two small pcs of cake. This was at the graduation party, spent most of the time playing hostess so didn't have alot of time to eat a bunch, thank goodness

Snack 8:30-3 small pcs of cheese, handful of Goldfish crackers.

I was running all day long so I think I worked most of my food off...again I am so thankful for S days so I can have the freedom to eat things I want without beating myself up about it. I'm sure tomorrow will bring more food with it being Mother's day, not sure what Hubby has planned. :wink:
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Mon May 12, 2008 2:10 am

Day 12

S Day

Breakfast 8:30-Handful of goldfish crackers

Lunch 1:00-Mothers Day Dinner @ Chili's, few chips w/spinach dip, 2 nacho chips, Grilled chicken with bacon & cheese, load mashed potatoes, steamed vegies, chocolate covered strawberry

Dinner 8:00-Leftovers from Chili's, 1/2 pc of chicken, mashed potatoes

Well, not too bad today for an S day. I know I should've eaten a better breakfast but just grabbed some goldfish crackers to keep my belly from growling during church and I knew we would be going out to lunch. The food at Chili's was really good but it was so much food!! I didn't even eat half of my plate (more like a platter) and I was stuffed. My husband was like "you better eat" and I said "I'm already full, gonna take the rest home and eat for dinner" and I'm glad I did. There is no sense of stuffing myself and getting an upset stomach just because the food is there and it is an S day.

One thing today, NO COOKIE!! :shock: The only sweet I had today was the chocolate covered strawberry that they gave to all of the Mom's free at Chili's today.

We also worked out in the yard today planting flowers which was my Mother's Day gift. I'm so exhausted but I had a great weekend.

I've also noticed that my clothes are fitting looser. My sister in law told me lastnight that I was getting thinner again.
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Tue May 13, 2008 1:35 am

Day 13

Success!!!! 8)

Breakfast 8:30-Yogurt, Granola

Lunch 12:00-Chinese Empress Chicken w/veggies, Rice, 2 Crabmeat Ragoons

Dinner 7:00-Dinner Salad, Baked Potato, 1 pc of Texas Toast

My hubby took me to lunch today at our favorite Chinese restaurant and I couldn't even eat half of my lunch. I took the rest to go and am going to eat it for my lunch at work tomorrow. I have noticed that I get fuller so much faster now and the big difference is that I actually stop eating when I am full!! That is a big change for me, in the past I would keep going and going and going until I was miserable. I actually didn't even get hungry or crave a snack in the afternoon, Yeah!! :D

And the biggest news of the day......NO COOKIE!!!! Yeah me!! My husband had blackberry cobbler w/ ice cream at dinner and asked me if I wanted any, no thank you.
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Tue May 13, 2008 11:26 pm

Day 14 (has it really been 14 days already??)

Success :D

Breakfast 8:30-1 Pc of cinnamon raisin toast w/peanut butter

Lunch 12:00-Chicken Noodle Soup, left over crabmeat ragoon, 4 small slices of cheese

Dinner 6:00-Homemade breakfast burrito with ham, cheese scrambled eggs, chips and salsa.

I've been sick the past few days, sore throat and nasal congestion so my appetite hasn't been too great which is ok with me. I did get hungry at lunch time and found a can of chicken noodle soup in my desk drawer which I thought would help my cold. Didn't eat even half of it because it just seemed too greasy.

My co-worker decided she needed something sweet to eat around 2:30 today. I am still amazed that I've been able to do away with my mid afternoon chocolate fix. I thought it would be so tough to break that habit but it really hasn't been hard at all.....so far....
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Wed May 14, 2008 11:10 pm

Day 15

:D Success!!!

Breakfast 8:15-1 Pc of Cinnamon Raisin toast w/Peanut Butter

Lunch 12:00-1 Pc of Hawaiin style pizza, baby carrots, celery sticks, little bit of Ranch Dressing

Dinner 6:00-Chili, Fritos, Shredded Cheese wrapped in a Tortilla

Biggest test today was we had a safety meeting this morning at work and they had little sacks of fresh popped popcorn made up for everybody. It smelled so good but Iwas able to turn it down. So, while we were watching a video about Tornado Safety and everybody was muching on their popcorn I just sat there and was very proud of myself.
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Fri May 16, 2008 12:31 am

Day 16

Breakfast 8:15-Waffle w/Peanut Butter

Lunch 11:45-6 Inch Subway sandwich, Baked Lays

Dinner 7:00-1 1/2 Chicken Strips, Cole Slaw, Mashed Potatos w/gravy, 1/2 Biscuit

My daughter wanted KFC tonight, I debated about what to get and ended up with the 3 pc Chicken Strip Dinner. Originally put 2 Chicken Strips on my plate but could only eat 1 1/2 because I got full so fast.

I've had 4 Successful days this week and I know I will have another one tomorrow for an all Green :lol: I am so proud of myself. I had to go to Wal-Mart after work today and walked right past the treats and wasn't even tempted. I did treat myself to a People magazine which I normally do not buy because I think they're too expensive but hey would rather buy that for myself then candy or cookies.
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Sat May 17, 2008 12:46 am

Day 17

Success!! :D

Breakfast 8:30-Yogurt & Granola

Lunch 11:30-Green Chili Casserole, 1 pc of bread w/butter, Spinach Salad and Strawberry Pie (to go thank you very much, can't wait to eat tomorrow on my S day!!!)

Dinner 7:00-Green Chili Casserole

I loved my lunch so much I decided to re-make it at home. Wasn't quite as good as from the restaurant but not bad. My daughter loved it, she ate two plate fulls. I stuck to one plate.

I had a really good week, all 5 days successful with no cheats or exceptions. Guess that's what you call Vanilla days?? :?

My goal next week is to get more exercise, at least 30 minutes a day on the treadmill.
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Sun May 18, 2008 2:37 am

Day 18

S Day

Breakfast-Breakfast Burrito w/ham, egg & cheese

Lunch-Cheese Tator Tots & Cherry Limeade

Dinner-Leftover Green Chili Casserole

Dessert-Strawberry Pie

Snack-Handful of Popcorn at Son's T-ball game

Not too shabby for an S day. Only bad thing I did was after I ate my order of regular cheese tt's from Sonic my daughter asked me if I wanted hers, said no at first, then ate them. Shouldn't have, it was too much at one time, blech. :oops:

Loved my Strawberry Pie!! I would've been fine with half of it but ate the whole thing. (Just 1 slice, not the whole pie! :lol: )
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Tue May 20, 2008 12:19 am

Day 19

S Day

Breakfast-Whole Grain Waffle w/Peanut Butter

Snack-Handful of Goldfish Crackers

Lunch-Spaghetti, Meat Ball, Salad, Italian Sausage, Bread

Snack-Frozen chocolate covered banana

Snack-Popcorn

Had a really good day. Went to church then my husband and I and another couple rode the motorcycles to the Italian Festival about 15 miles away. Got the Spaghetti Dinner there, DH and I should've split a dinner, it was so much food!! I probably didn't even eat 1/4 of it. I was amazed at the other man with us that cleaned his plate. :shock:

Then I just had to have a frozen banana, it wasn't as yummy as I hoped it would be, oh well.

We were too full from all of that to eat Dinner so we snacked on Popcorn while watching a movie.

Really good day! 8)
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Tue May 20, 2008 12:24 am

Day 20

Failure :(

Breakfast-Whole Wheat waffle w/peanut butter

Lunch-Salad Sampler w/chicken salad, brocolli salad & oriental salad

Dinner-Lasagna, Salad & Bread

Went out to lunch with an old friend, same place I went last Friday and got my Strawberry Pie. I did good, she offered half of her pie but I politely turned her down. Yeah!

Hubby was off work today and made homemade lasagna. This is where I had my failure. I ate my one plate full, and it was a full plate. It was so yummy that when I was cleaning up I ate the last two little slices of garlic bread and dipped it in the leftover lasagna. I knew I shouldn't have but I did it so I'm giving myself a Red mark. I will do better tomorrow!!

Am going to go walk on the treadmill once my dinner settles so maybe that will help.
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Tue May 20, 2008 11:01 pm

Day 21

Success!!! :P

Breakfast-Fruit Cup, Pringles Snack Stix

Lunch-Leftover Lasagna, Garlic Bread

Dinner-Bagel Ham Sandwich, String Cheese, Baked Doritos

Had a really good day today. Weighed in at work and lost another 3.6 lbs!! I almost coulnd't believe it. I was really down on myself after having a failure yesterday and ended up not exercising like I promised myself I would. But I guess it just goes to show how this plan works, I am proof. I know my progress will slow down but I'm enjoying it while it lasts!
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Thu May 22, 2008 12:34 am

I'm going to stop counting days since I've made it to 21! Yeah!

Success! :lol:

Breakfast-Bagel w/Strawberry Cream Cheese

Lunch-Chicken Wrap, Cheese Tator Tot's

Dinner-Leftover Lasagna, Salad

No big temptation today for snacks, sweets or seconds. I didn't eat dinner until around 7:00 even though I was home earlier then that, just wasn't hungry until then. I'm so amazed that I can go from 12:00 lunch until late in the evening without eating one single thing in between. If you had told me that a few months ago I would've thought you were nuts! :shock:
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Thu May 22, 2008 11:06 pm

Success

Breakfast-1/2 Bagel w/Peanut Butter

Lunch-1 Beef Soft Taco, 1/4 order of Potato Loco's (tator tots)

Dinner-Lean Cuisine Glazed Chicken w/Rice, crackers, string cheese

Had a rough night lastnight, a boy that my daughter just graduated High School with had a bad car accident lasnight, she woke me up around 11:30 and I took her down there, it happened just down the road from our house. When they got him out he was still alive, they life flighted him and put him on life support, they did a brain scan and he had no brain acitivity so they pronounced him dead this evening. They are keeping him alive for a few days to take his organs out. It's so sad, he was only 18 years old, 2 weeks out of High School. He had been drinking.
Susieokla

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri May 23, 2008 2:37 am

they pronounced him dead this evening.
how utterly tragic :(
I am so sorry for you and your daughter and his family,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Sat May 24, 2008 1:04 am

Thank you blueskighs for your kind words. It is such a tragedy, we also found out that another local boy shot and killed himself yesteray, he was 20 years old. It's just so hard to understand why these things happen but I know God has plans and we just have to trust him.

Today was a Success

Breakfast-Bagel 1 half w/Strawberry Cream Cheese, other half with Peanut Butter

Lunch-Chicken Tortilla Soup, Baked Doritos, String Cheese

Dinner-Cheese Tortellini with Alfredo Sauce & Brocolli, 1 pc Garlic Toast

I was off work today for the long holiday weekend and I had to keep reminding myself that it is not an S day. I did good considering I was at home most of the day. Before No S I would've been eating all day long. Looking forward to the weekend and 2 S days. I'm still debating if I want to use an S day for Monday or not. We are going to a cook out that day, I think I'll just plan on it being a No S day and play it by ear (or stomach :D )
Susieokla

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat May 24, 2008 1:08 am

Susieokla,

that is unbeleiveable! Hopefully your Memorial Day Weekend will be peaceful. Enough sad news :(

It is great you are staying on track through all of this, the power of habit and NO S,

Blueskighs

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Sun May 25, 2008 1:03 pm

Saturday-May 24th

S Day!

Breakfast-Bowl of Frosted Shredded Wheat w/ Granola

Snack-Jelly Beans

Lunch-Cheddar Bites and a Reese's Blast from Sonic

Dinner-1/2 Bagel with Peanut Butter & Bananas

Had a headache most of the day. I knew for my treat this weekend I wanted a Reese's Blast so after I washed and vacuumed my car I went by Sonic and got one for me and my daughter. I felt so sick after eating it. I've noticed this alot now that anytime I eat something sweet like that my stomach doesn't like it. I wonder is it because my body is not use to having stuff like that during the week and all of a sudden you shock it with something? :?:

I was not hungry the rest of the evening, took a walk around 8:00 and when I got back my hubby was making him a bagel so I made me 1/2 of one because I knew I needed something on my stomach.
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Mon May 26, 2008 2:24 am

Sunday May 25th

S Day!
:D

Breakfast-Bowl of Fruity Pebbles Cereal

Lunch-Grilled Chicken Salad, Wheat Roll

Desert-Strawberry, Bananas & Cool Whip on Angel Food Cake

Snack-Minture Crisp Butterfinger

Snack-Cheddar Bites w/Ranch

I ate alot more today then I have in a while. Lunch was really good, hubby grilled chicken, steak & pork chops and we made Mac & Cheese, Baked Beans, Salad & Rolls. I filled my plate with salad and added slices of grilled chicken and croutons & light ranch, yummy! I passed on the Mac & Cheese and Beans, just didn't look that good.

Hubby & kids had watermelon but I don't care for it. We had a really good day.
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Tue May 27, 2008 2:18 am

Monday May 26th

Holiday S Day

Breakfast-Whole Grain Waffle w/ Peanut Butter & Syrup

Lunch-Cheeseburger, baked beans, potato salad, chips, cookie

Dinner-Salad w/grilled chicken & roll

Dessert-Angel Food cake w/Fruit Cocktail & Cool Whip

Well, ended up taking an S Day today after all. Would've been ok if I hadn't had the cookie at our family cook out so I figured I might as well have dessert after dinner. Oh well, we had a good day and I'm ready to get back on track tomorrow! 8)
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Wed May 28, 2008 1:51 am

Tuesday-May 27th

Success!! :P

Breakfast-Cheez-It Crackers

Lunch-Ceasar Salad w/ Grilled Chicken

Dinner-Tuna, crackers, few bites of Soup

My breakfast wasn't very nutritional but I didn't grab anything before I left the house for work so had to get something out of the vending machines, not much of a selection there, everything is a sweet! Honey buns, Ding Dongs, Fried Pies, Zingers, etc, etc. I wasn't even tempted to get any of them. Then went to pick up lunch at a local Bakery that serves salads, sandwiches, soups for lunch. The bakery items in the display case looked really, really good but, I knew it was a N day so, I knew looking & drooling was as far as I was going to go. I'm thinking this Friday I'm going to stop by & get me a treat for this weekend S days.

Also got my walk in this evening so another Success!
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Thu May 29, 2008 1:53 am

Wednesday-May 28th

Success!! :wink:

Breakfast-Bagel w/Peanut Butter & Jelly

Lunch-Chicken Salad Sandwich, Pickle, Few Chips

Dinner-Subway Sandwich, Sun Chips

Had a really hectic day today. Went to a funeral this morning and had to rush to work for a 2 hour conference call. Wasn't able to relax until 3:00 or so but after that everything went ok.

Wasn't sure about having the jelly this morning but figured it was ok. At least it wasn't a huge cinnamon roll or something really bad. The habits are really taking effect for me. I don't even think about having seconds or an afternoon snack which is really the biggie for me.
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Fri May 30, 2008 3:07 am

Thursday-May 29th

Success!! :P

Breakfast-Whole Wheat Waffle w/Peanut Butter

Lunch-Beef Soft Taco, Potato Loco's (tater tot's)

Dinner-Turkey & Cheese Sandwich, Baked Doritos, 1/2 Banana
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Sat May 31, 2008 8:23 pm

Friday-May 30th

30 days on No S.....

Failure... :x

Breakfast-Whole Wheat English Muffin W/Butter & Jelly

Lunch-Salad & Crackers

Mid Afternoon-Mini Fast Break Candy Bar

Dinner-Lean Pocket (Hot Pocket), Baked Doritos

Late Evening-About 4 bites of Apple Cobbler

I went to work this morning and started feeling sick around 11:00 or so, left work around noon and felt dizzy & like I was going to pass out. Made it home, ate lunch and laid down for a bit, felt a little better late but still kind of shaky and dizzy. I thought maybe it was my blood suger so I ate a mini candy bar around 2:30 or so, it was like 2 bites. I knew it would make my day a failure but I did it anyways. Then, later my daughter brought home some apple cobbler from the Cafe that she works at. She kept insisting somebody share it with her so I caved and ate a few bites of it. So, my day was a big failure!!

Oh well, now it's S days and hopefully I won't over do it too bad and I can get back on track Monday.
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:45 pm

Saturday-May 31st

S Day

Breakfast-Ham & Egg Breakfast Burrito, Tator Tots

Lunch- 1/2 Sandwich, Potato Salad, Chips

Afternoon-M&M Blast

Evening-Popcorn, Mint 3 Musketeer

Had a yard sale at my church so the day was kind of crazy. Did good until afternoon when I stopped at the Sonic to get something cold, I was so hot & tired and got a Blast and it tasted pretty good. Wasn't really hungry for dinner but ate some popcorn & a candy bar while watching a movie. Thank goodness it's an S day.
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:01 am

Sunday-June 1st

S Day

Breakfast-Whole Wheat English Muffin with Scrambled Eggs & Turkey Bacon

Lunch-Big Salad w/Grilled Chicken & Ranch

Late Afternoon-Popcorn

Evening-Caramel Sundae, a few Onion Rings

Did good again until afternoon and more popcorn & a Sundae from Sonic. Felt like I overdid it today but I guess it could've been alot worse.

Ready to get back on track tomorrow. I've got a trip coming up this week to Branson, Missouri, will be gone Thursday morning until Sunday evening. There are alot of big meals planned but I'm planning on trying to stick to my No S days since there are only two and the other two days are S days. Hopefully won't blow it too bad.
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:33 am

Monday-June 2nd

Failure :?

Breakfast-Yogurt

Lunch-Grilled Chicken w/Cheese, Rice, Beans, Chips, Salsa

Dinner-Popcorn, Snowcone, Mint 3 Musketeers, Sunflower Seeds.

Ok, I have a real problem here. My evening eating has sucked the past few days. I don't know what it is but it's not getting any better. This evening I didn't have time to eat dinner at home because my little one had a T-Ball game. Usually I pack me a sandwich or something to take with me, but no time this evening. So, got popcorn & snow cone from the concession stand, then hubby met me there and brought me a candy bar, sunflower seeds and Dr. Pepper. I have got to do better tomorrow!!!

And I weigh in at work tomorrow, I just know that I have gained. :cry:
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:51 am

Tuesday-June 3rd

Success!

Breakfast-Quaker Oatmeal Bar

Lunch-Salad w/Grilled Chicken & Ranch

Dinner-Bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios & Grape-Nuts

What a day. My best friends Father passed away this morning. When I got to work she just heard so I took her home and stayed with her until her boyfriend came home. Went by her house this evening after work for several hours. It's just so sad. :cry:

Some good news today was weigh in day at work, I lost another 1.4 lbs, am down to 160 from 167.2 so that makes 7.2 lbs lost since starting No S. I'm so proud of myself.
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:14 pm

Wednesday-June 4th

Success!

Breakfast-Ham, Egg & Cheese Toaster Scrambler

Lunch-Turkey Subway Sandwich, Baked Lays

Dinner-1/2 Hamburger Steak, Corn, 1/2 Bagel w/Cheese

Had a pretty good day today. I definately have the no snack habit down now. I don't even think about eating between meals. Only time it ever crosses my mind is in the afternoons when my co-worker says "I need something sweet". Of course she always has to ask me if I want anything and then shows me what she got when she gets back from the vending machine. I just shake my head at her, :roll:

Going on vacation tomorrow morning, 4 days in Branson. I'm not that excited, mainly because I can't be there for my best friend at her Dad's funeral in the morning and my 6 year old son is crying because he doesn't want me to go, kind of bums me out.

I'm going to try to stick to No S days for Thursday & Friday, we'll see how it goes. At least 2 days of the trip will be S days! Yipee!
Susieokla

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:29 am

Hey Susie,

Congratulations on your weigh-in day at work! Nice!

Blueskighs

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:03 am

blueskighs wrote:Hey Susie,

Congratulations on your weigh-in day at work! Nice!

Blueskighs
Thanks! I was expecting to either stay the same or gain a little so I was very pleased to see a loss. :lol:
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:20 pm

June 5th thru 8th

Back from vacation, so tired. Did not stick to my plan of keeping Thursday & Friday as No S days. :cry: I blew it the first day by eating desert after diner, Strawberry Cobbler with Ice Cream. Oh well! I cannot remember everything I ate but overall eating I did not do that bad, it could've been much worse. I'll just mark all four days as S days and move on.

My birthday is Tuesday so I'm sure I will have to eat some cake but going to try to make it a small piece.

Well, off to do laundry & clean house before going back to work tomorrow. My kids are in big trouble, they did not do the chores I asked them to do while I was gone!!! :evil:
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:36 pm

Monday-June 9th

SUCCESS!
:D

Breakfast-1/2 Bagel with Peanut Butter, Banana Chips

Lunch-Arby's Pepper Jack Melt, Curly Fries

Dinner-Chicken & Dumplings

Finally back to normal days. Did good with eating today, probably shouldn't have had the curly fries at lunch but oh well.

Had a scare this morning, my 4 year old nephew went missing. His sister was babysitting but was still in bed so he decided to walk to his daycare which is about 7 blocks away. They found him thank God, he was soaking wet because it was raining but he was ok.
Susieokla

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:02 am

Had a scare this morning, my 4 year old nephew went missing. His sister was babysitting but was still in bed so he decided to walk to his daycare which is about 7 blocks away.
oh my gosh! that would be a scare. glad he was fine!

Blueskighs

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:55 am

Yes, it was a huge scare! My daughter called me in a panic on her way to go help find him and had me all upset at work. Thank God he was Ok.
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:51 pm

Tuesday-June 10th

Birthday S Day!! :lol:

Breakfast-1/2 Bagel w/Peanut Butter

Mid Morning-Carrot Cake

Lunch-Brocolli/Chicken Casserole, Spinach Salad

Dinner-Beef & Cheddar, Curly Fries

Had a really good birthday at work, the other girls in the office decorated my desk with balloons & streamers, one of them made homemade Carrot Cake (my fav) then we all went out to eat lunch. They also gave me gifts. Had a good time.

Downside of the day, my Husband forgot my B-day! :( He didn't do it on purpose and I know he felt bad when I finally told him around 8:30 that evening. He is going to make it up to me this weekend.
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:55 pm

Wed June 11th

Breakfast-Bowl of Cereal

Lunch-Taco Salad from Taco Mayo

Dinner-Taco Salad again, homemade

Did good on eating today, no sweets, no snacks. It's so nice to not have to think about food all day long! I have been overloading my plates lately, between that and all of my vacation and birthday S days I'm sure I haven't lost any more weight. I'm just hoping that I have maintained at least.
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:00 pm

Thursday June 12th

Success!!
8)

Breakfast-Bowl of Cereal

Lunch-Chicken Strips, Potatos & Gravy, Coleslaw, Biscuit

Dinner-Leftover Taco Salad

Ate too much at lunch, got KFC chicken strip dinner, way too much food! I really need to get off my tail and exercise. Having some medical problems, not sure what is going on, afraid it is my appendix. Might go to the Dr. tomorrow.
Susieokla

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:06 am

Susieokla,

HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY :D

Blueskighs

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:47 am

blueskighs wrote:Susieokla,

HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY :D

Blueskighs
Thanks Blueskighs! I keep saying it's the last birthday that I am going to celebrate it's all over the hill now! :shock:
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:54 pm

Friday-June 13th

Success!! :D

Breakfast-Bowl of Cereal

Lunch-Turkey, Pepper Jack Sandwich on Wheat, Doritos

Dinner-Salad w/Popcorn Chicken, 2 pieces of Shrimp

Went to the Dr. yesterday, did lab work, stomach x-ray, etc. Still not exactly sure what's wrong could be an ovary acting up or could be my bowels. Started on antibiotics and a stool softner and see how it goes. Sorry, TMI!!!! :shock:

Was proud of myself lastnight, me, my husband and daughter watched a movie together, they ate popcorn & chocolate while I sipped on my Diet Pepsi. Part of the reason I didn't eat the junk was because of my stomach but the other part was I really didn't want to have to make the day as a Failure. Doing the daily check in and the habitcal is so helpful in keeping yourself accountable.
Susieokla

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:47 pm

the other part was I really didn't want to have to make the day as a Failure. Doing the daily check in and the habitcal is so helpful in keeping yourself accountable.
Susieokla,

Me too! I was really hankering for one of my chai tea lattes - an S day treat- yesterday afternoon, but since I knew I could have one guilt free today, it just made sense to hang in there a few more hours and stay ON HABIT!

It is great to hear about your successes!

Blueskighs

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:54 am

Saturday-June 14th & Sunday-June 15th

S Days!! :)

Saturday didn't do too bad. I made a homemade Carrot Cake for my hubby, it was very yummy. He said it was the best cake he ever had...mmm..wonder if that's because he's use to the box mixes I usually make?? :?

Sunday I ate way too much!! Took my husband to Red Lobster for Father's Day, it was good but man was I stuffed. Went walking around the mall afterwards so maybe burned off a few calories.
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:56 am

Monday-June 16th

Success?? :?

Breakfast-Bagel w/Cream Cheese

Lunch-Cheeseburger, Cheese Tator Tots

Dinner-Toasted Club Sandwich, Chips

I really need to re-think what I'm eating. I'm not making very good choices and I know I am eating way too much. Even though I'm sticking to the No S rules I still feel like I'm not doing what I need to be.

Weigh in tomorrow...I dread it....
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:37 am

Tuesday June 17th

Failed! :oops:

Breakfast-Chocolate Chip Cookies

Lunch-Baked Potato & Side Cesaer Salad

Dinner-Big salad w/turkey, cheese, sesame sticks

Had a bad day! Weigh in day at work, am up 3.2 lbs!! Dang Branson Vacation, Dang crazy S days!!! Dang it all!! So to celebrate my failure I had two big chocolate chip cookies. Weren't even good cookies, they were out of the vending machine. Boo hoo hoo!! LOL

Oh well, time to charge on!
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:41 am

Wed -June 18th

Success! :D

Breakfast-Bowl of Cereal

Lunch-Soup w/chips & shredded cheese

Dinner-Stuffed Bell Pepper

Had a better day today. Still pity partying over the weight gain but I know I can get it off again plus more. As long as I stay on track and stay true to this plan!!
Susieokla

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:49 am

Susiokla,

way to get back ON HABIT!

Blueskighs

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:20 pm

Thursday June 19th

Failed! :evil:

Breakfast-Bagel w/Cream Cheese

Lunch-Leftover Stuffed Bell Pepper

Dinner-Chicken, french fries, hush puppies

Snack-Handful of Dark Chocolate Chex Mix

Well, day started out good but went downhill. Stopped on the way home & picked up Long John Silvers for me and my son. Greasy, yuck!! Then later that evening when hubby got home he insisted that I try this Chex Mix that he bought! Argh!!

I think I have figured out what my problem is this week, PMS!!! I get so hungry, and of course chocolate!!!!
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:30 am

Friday-July 20th

FAILURE!!!!
:evil: :twisted: :x :oops: :cry:

That's all I've got to say about that.....
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:19 pm

Saturday & Sunday June 21st & 22nd

S days

Pretty out of control on Saturday, a little better on Sunday but not great.

I feel like I have failed on this plan and I'm having a hard time getting myself on track, I think it's all of the hormones right now and I'm hoping after TOM is over I will feel better about myself and life in general. :roll:
Susieokla

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:23 am

Monday June 23rd

Success

Breakfast-Bowl of Cereal

Lunch-Part of a Lean Hot Pocket, chips

Dinner-Salad w/Grilled Chicken & Shrimp
Susieokla

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:09 am

Susieokla,

hey hey hey look at the green day, HANG IN THERE, you can get back on track! we are here for you!

Blueskighs

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:47 am

Tuesday June 24th

Success

Breakfast-Bagel w/Peanut Butter

Lunch-6 inch Subway Sandwich, Baked Doritos

Dinner-Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Chips, Grapes

Blueskighs thank you for the encouragement. I am feeling better today.
Susieokla

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:40 am

COOL 8) back to two in a row!

Blueskighs