Doing it and checking in gain.

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

JeanDC

Doing it and checking in gain.

Post by JeanDC » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:34 pm

I'm having another go. The only time I had much success was when I did a daily check in, so here goes again!

Last time I was doing OK then fell and injured my arm, about 6 months ago. I did well for a few days in hospital but when I came out I couldn't resist all the goodies people were bringing me.

I've been getting 'downers' because now I have probably permanent somewhat limited use of my right hand, and it gets quite painful when I use it much. Overeating junk food doesn't help at all though, and that I can do something about.

I'm not going to tell anyone that I'm back doing the NoS diet, and I doubt if anyone will read this as well, so basically I'm here talking to myself. I quite like that idea!

Speak to you again tomorrow, me! Make it a good day!

Jean

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:23 pm

Jean,

so sorry about your arm! that does sound a bit disheartening, as far as No S, even though at times it is honerous, in the long runs my daily check-ins have seemd to help me too, i did take a hiatus in August but hopefully over time I will stay plugged in enough to keep me on track,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

funfuture

Post by funfuture » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:46 am

Welcome back, Jean. Hope your arm improves over time. I had an accident some years ago and was told my wrist would never be the same again - it certainly took a long time to get better, but the difference between it and my other wrist is negligible now. In fact, I never think about it.
Hope you see a similar improvement.
:D