I'm a Beginner with a LONG way to go....

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

thephatsister

I'm a Beginner with a LONG way to go....

Post by thephatsister » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:58 am

So I am starting out on the NO S diet first thing tomorrow. I have been struggling with my weight since I have become a Mommy. 6 years and 2 beautiful babies later I weigh as much as I did the day my first baby was born. That is unexcusable. I am hoping to lose at least 35 lbs. by next August. I can stand to lose much more but feel that is a reasonable goal to begin with. I am the 4th child of 5 and I am the only one of all grown children who has a weight problem. I have an older sister and a younger sister both who are skinny, hence the username "thephatsister" I am currently the fat sister but I will be the phat sister come August. I have never had a super strong urgency to lose the weight and have just gone with it for so long but I just can't take it anymore. I have promised myself that this is it. I hope to become a success story and I believe that this site will take me there.... Today I am weighing in at 230. Wish me luck. So long Two-ton-town, hello one-derville!!
The Phat Sister, that's phat not fat!!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:04 pm

thephatsister,

WELCOME ... and good luck!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey