rpm - daily check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

rpm

rpm - daily check-in

Post by rpm » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:21 pm

Good morning,

I am new to No S and this board. I recently found the website and the book got here yesterday. I have read a bit of the posts but have a lot of reading to do. =) You all seem like a great bunch of people!!

Day 1: S Day

Day 2: S Day

Day 3: SUCCESS

Day 4: SUCCESS

I look forward to getting to know you, sharing my No S adventures, and reading yours.
Last edited by rpm on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
René
Taking care of me, one No S Day at a time!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:00 pm

Rene,

WELCOME! have to say i love your avatar ... it is absolutely delightful. The book is great. So helpful in understanding the No S diet, answering questions and providing MOTIVATION to keep your N days green!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

rpm

Post by rpm » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:41 pm

Blueskighs,

Thank you for the welcome. From the number of posts you have made, my guess is that you are very knowledgeable about No S. I may have to bug from time to time.

Here is to Green days!!!
René

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:47 pm

Rene...

Welcome! This is a great place to find info and friendly support...it's been tremendous for me!

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

rpm

Post by rpm » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Janie,

Thanks for the welcome. Have a great GREEN day!
René

rpm

Post by rpm » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:13 pm

10/29 Day 5: SUCCESS

So far so good.

Yesterday I struggled every once in awhile with wanting to eat between meals. Part I think is habit and part is emotional eating. I keep playing the words over and over in my head "Eating does not make things okay" and "I don't need to eat, I just want to fulfill an old habit."

I hope you all have a GREEN day.
Last edited by rpm on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
René

rpm

Post by rpm » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:54 pm

10/30 Day 6: SUCCESS
René

rpm

Post by rpm » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:59 pm

10/31 Day 7 SUCCESS
11/1 Day 8 S Day
11/2 Day 9 S Day

Following No S has been great. Very freeing!!!!

FYI - I am not giving up, I would rather use Habitcal than post every day. I am more of a lurker than a poster. In 2 weeks you will see me in the 21 day thread.

Here is to an exceptionally GREEN No s week!
René