Khristal's Daily Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

khristal23

Khristal's Daily Check-In

Post by khristal23 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:45 am

Day 1: SUCCESS

The first day wasn't that bad. I'm counting it a success because I ate perfectly, 3 normal meals, no snacks, sweets, or seconds. I only drank tea and water. The only thing I didn't get to do was exercise, but I feel was more active than normal anyway since my little boy had me on my feet a lot and I did some major house cleaning.

My hunger pangs were the worst between lunch and dinner, but I toughed it out. I really didn't have any between breakfast and lunch.

We'll see how today goes!

khristal23

Post by khristal23 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:31 am

Day 2: SUCCESS

I did it again today. I think my dinner plate might have been a little fuller than it should have been, but I stuck to it. No sweets seconds or snacks.

We'll see if I can do it again today!

khristal23

Post by khristal23 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:17 pm

Day 3: SUCCESS

I did it again yesterday, wasn't too bad. I'm on track today so far.

khristal23

Post by khristal23 » Fri May 01, 2009 9:43 pm

Day 4: SUCCESS

Yesterday was a success as well. So far I am loving this. I just hope I don't overdo it this weekend.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon May 11, 2009 2:56 pm

keep going!!! You're off to a great start!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

khristal23

Post by khristal23 » Mon May 11, 2009 3:03 pm

I'm still going! Just keep forgetting to post here.

I'm on 2 weeks in now, working on 3, and so far have stuck to the plan perfectly! I'm really pleased with this!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri May 22, 2009 3:59 pm

You're doing great! I suggest posting to keep in touch and so you feel like you're being held accountable. It made the difference for me. :wink:
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

khristal23

Post by khristal23 » Fri May 22, 2009 4:42 pm

3 weeks in! I'm doing good still, and loving this.

I had my first red day last week, though :( But I've been a good girl since.