Survived Day 1 kinda

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ajbrownies

Survived Day 1 kinda

Post by ajbrownies » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:44 pm

So I made it past day one kinda. I did really well all day- though I discovered quickly I need a bigger breakfast I was about to nibble on my kids before lunch came. I did pretty well at selecting things that were pretty healthy. But I stayed up too late and the chocolate cake in my kitchen- well my bad. So I chalk yesterday up as a failure but so far today seems easier.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:56 pm

You'll learn as you go and encounter different types of situations...maybe you won't always make the right choice, but you'll learn from it and the next time around you'll make adjustments so that you won't repeat the same mistake. It takes time! You'll be fine!

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

emd1212

Post by emd1212 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:02 pm

Keep up the effort! I know that, for me, adjusting to eating enough at breakfast and lunch was a challenge. I was used to eating small meals only to make up for it later with snacking. I also find late night hunger to be a problem sometimes; going to bed, if possible, is usually the best solution!