Crispy's check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

crispytractor

Crispy's check in

Post by crispytractor » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:56 am

Started with "noes" last Wednesday, Wed, Thurs and Fri were all a success. Saturday I did some snacking and Sunday was another no S day for me as I just didn't feel like it.

I'm 5'2 and weigh 139lbs. I've recently lost almost a stone with weightwatchers but got sick of points.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:25 pm

Welcome! And this is so way easier and more enjoyable than counting anything... believe me... I've done all the counting too. :wink:
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

crispytractor

Post by crispytractor » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:27 pm

Thanks for the welcome :)

Yesterday was another success.

I've decided while I'm doing this first 21 days I'm not gonna weight myself. Weighing has become a total obsession with me, I weigh myself several times a day and I really hate it. I'm hoping to make not weighing another habit :)

Pamela

Welcome

Post by Pamela » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:13 pm

I'm a beginner at this as well ... just a week in. I've found this check-in to be a great resource for staying the course and for getting support from other people!

Sounds like you're off to a great start! Good idea to stay off the scale for a while ... there's nothing a scale can tell you that your pants can't! Staying off the scale will help keep this more about changing habits for the long-term, and less about shaving off fractions of pounds.

Be well and good luck!!
Hopeful and grateful,
Pamela

crispytractor

Post by crispytractor » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:16 pm

Thanks Pam, felt weird not weighing myself yesterday but my other half has hidden the battery now lol.

yesterday was another success, so that's 6 days down woohoo!! I have really wanted a snack every night but every night I've abstained :)

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:43 pm

Welcome to all our new No Sers... I love this program and this site.

I joined April 28, weighed 154 right before I joined, got to my goal weight of 140 on June 10th - now am successfully maintaining (which has always been my problem before.)

I weigh morning and night, always have - once I stepped on the scale and it said LO. I thought - all right! Even the scale thinks my weigh is LO enough.

Of course, it was the battery that was low! :roll:

again, welcome and best wishes on your healthy journey.

Berry

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:27 pm

Hahahaha! I don't think I'd ever change that battery, I would enjoy seeing that my weight is LO so much.

crispytractor

Post by crispytractor » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:44 am

Haha that's a great story. Seriously though i'm glad weighing daily works for you but it was driving me mad!

Well yesterday was another success so that's one week down. I keep skipping breakfast so i'm working on that this week i think.

crispytractor

Post by crispytractor » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:46 am

yesterday was another success day. It's getting much easier. I've got some cheesecake plans for the weekend though lol.

I couldn't resist the scales this morning i'm down a pound since monday taking me to 138. Hope it stays off.

crispytractor

Post by crispytractor » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:21 pm

every day has been a success. The weekend was fine. Didn't go too mad just had a couple of snacks.

crispytractor

Post by crispytractor » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:37 pm

today was another success so that's 14 days done. I'm no longer thinking about snacking at night but still miss having a sweet sometimes. My clothes are getting looser and my face looks thinner! Start a new job next week so hope i manage, my last job i gained 10lbs in a month! Must be strong...

crispytractor

Post by crispytractor » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:04 pm

yesterday was another success day. No major cravings to report. I just feel like i'm getting on with it now. Sorry my daily check ins aren't very eventful. I guess i've taken to this no s thing really well :)

crispytractor

Post by crispytractor » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:00 am

yesterday was another success and now it's friday. I don't have enough pennies for a drink later so today should be easy peasy! Monday is my weigh day, dreading it!

crispytractor

Post by crispytractor » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:55 pm

all is going well so far today but i can't quite get weigh in day out of my mind which is making me dread my s days! I'm scared to allow myself any food freedom in case i regret it. I'm not able to do any exercise just now because i've got very painful patellar tendonitis in both knees and am resting and taking strong painkillers which isn't helping either..

crispytractor

Post by crispytractor » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:20 am

Friday was a success and yesterday was fine. I had some chocolate for the first time in 2 weeks and it was yummy!

crispytractor

Post by crispytractor » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:37 pm

day 20 and all is well. I started that new job today, eating was fine, new job less so. I'll be working and job hunting :)

crispytractor

Post by crispytractor » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:42 am

Yay yesterday was day 21 and it was also a success so I made it to 21 on my first try and I really do feel like I've achieved something. It feels normal to eat 3 meals a day and nothing else and I'm happy :)