Royk's Daily Checkin

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

roykurian

Royk's Daily Checkin

Post by roykurian » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:39 am

Just Discovered this thread. I started NOS this week. Still I am not fully on course. Just now I cheated. I am working from home today. So this is one area I need to get control on. Every time I work from home the eating is never uner control.

~Rk

roykurian

Post by roykurian » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:52 pm

Broke the rule again today. Since I worked from home, had easy access to snacks. So feasted! Tomorrow is another day.

~Rk

roykurian

Post by roykurian » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:01 pm

Had seconds and thurda at dinner time.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:08 pm

Good luck Roy!
It's so hard to break these habits, but it's worth it!!
Keep trying and don't get discouraged!
Make sure you have good sized meals, and if you feel you need "snack" food, just include it as part of your meal.
When I am dying for chips and salsa, that's what I have for my meal.
Take care,
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

roykurian

Yesterdays checking - 27/11/2008

Post by roykurian » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:15 am

Was an OK sort of day. not 100% though. May be a 85% perfect.
Is it ok to eat a banana/apple when hungry in between meals ?

~Rk

roykurian

Post by roykurian » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:54 am

Sunday was neat. I would say 95%.
Today is yet to see. So far its been success. Its the last part at home after work where all the trouble begins.

~Rk

roykurian

Back with a Bang

Post by roykurian » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:27 am

Folks I have been away for more than a year. Now I am back. Actually I re-invented the NOS site. Lol.
Today is day -1

~R

roykurian

Post by roykurian » Tue May 29, 2012 11:22 am

Folks,
I am back again. Almost 4 years later since my first orignal post. From tomorrow its going to be Day-1 again. Why? Becuase sometime mid day at work someone brought in a packet of chaocolates. I helped with a teeny wheeny one.

Sometime after lunch I got reminded of this programme which I had started 4 years ago. During the last 4 years lots of things have happened. One one which is ESE by Brad Pilon. Ever since i have been on this I have better metnal control over my consumption. Now I am better positioned to follow NoS. Lets see how its going to be this time.

Here is what my plan. Everyday, before going to sleep I am going to post my day on this thread. Lets see se how far I can go this time. So to re-iterate, tomorrow is going to be Day-1 again.

!R

roykurian

Day-1

Post by roykurian » Wed May 30, 2012 5:02 pm

great day. No rules broken. Has a good workout as welll

roykurian

31/May/2012

Post by roykurian » Thu May 31, 2012 4:17 pm

At home today. Had a scoop of icecream with kids.
Worked out twice tho. Hill sprints in the morning and strength stuff in the evening.
~R

roykurian

Post by roykurian » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:44 pm

Broke it...some celebration with team...downed 2 of those deadly sweet balls.

~R