simple vanilla no-s

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

blue

simple vanilla no-s

Post by blue » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:30 pm

doing a kundalini summer solstice diet just for this special week but even that is 3 meals no snacks no seconds no sweets. no scale for a week. This week I give to the solstice not to my vanity.
breakfast .. Mungbeans rice ,pineapple
Lunch mungbeans rice salad.apple
Dinner mungbeans/rice saladwatermelon
Yay i did it!!!!!!
going to bed

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:31 am

welcome blue,
Great to have you with us. That looks like a lot of mung beans. Is that your normal diet? Do you enjoy them or just have a lot on hand these days?? Maybe this is the summer solstice diet- I've never heard of it.

blue

Post by blue » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:19 am

osoniye,
in kundalini we celebrate Summer solstice with a trip to new mexico with lots of yoga, meditation, camping and friends. I couldn't go so I did a special day of meditation and tried to eat the"solstice food plan. It was beautiful but today I didn't have enogh mung bns so
Breakfast Almondbutter sandwich
Lunch tofu sandwich and apple
Dinner Salad, Kale, quinoi(sp?) bite of peanut butter, vegie curry.
Bought more mungbeans for tomorrow.
Just happy I got thru 2 days of No sss. Its been awile that I didn't go to bedd stuffed

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 am

Hi again blue,
Glad it's going well for you!! (Is the diet basically mung beans/rice fruit/salad? It sounds interesting.)

blue

Post by blue » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:00 pm

osoniye. well for soltice its really Mungbeans/ Rice and yogi tea with a wee bit of fruit. Im eating normally again. Hard to eat the same thing everyday. oh well.yesterday was a failure. My husband and i went out to dinner. I spent way too much $ on food so I think i punished myself with a binge later inthe night. ODD. Oh well back to day 1. No guilt today cuz that doesn't work!!!!.
breakfast blueberry bagal
lunch fruit salad
diiner way too big ugh!!!!!!!!!!
cant say its a green day :cry:

blue

Post by blue » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:55 pm

good s day sat . truly enjoyed an ice cream knowing it was ok . Today an s day too. Iblike the fact I have sdays even thugh i "failed" this week. It helps to get out of the punishment mode!!

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:57 am

Good for you. Glad you enjoyed the ice cream!
Yeah, guilt will get you nowhere.

blue

Post by blue » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:07 pm

ok so its monday. I am committing to trying this no-s plan until sat.
Breakfast.almondbutter toast,coffee