Sarah's Daily Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:05 pm

Wowzers! I don't think you can be held responsible for eating while sleeping! ha. You didn't make a conscious choice to snack! But I understand. That's so strange. I've never heard of that before!

Hope you have a wonderful rest of the day!

sarah.grace

Post by sarah.grace » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:31 pm

07/07/2011 (NEW) Day 1

B: Breakfast cookie, orange
L: Turkey sub
D: Fried rice, pears

Not sure what I'll do for exercise, maybe a nice long walk after dinner. I do like walking around. :)

Next week is going to be challenging. I will be in Ohio all week for a training conference. So I won't be able to plan my meals, and my options will be more limited- I will have to eat with the group, wherever the group eats. :? Oh well, I trust myself to make good choices. I know I will be taking one NWS day during the week. I am meeting up with a college friend in Ohio, and he wants to go out to an ice cream place together. I think that's an S-worthy event!

sarah.grace

Post by sarah.grace » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:42 pm

07/08/2011 Day 2

B: Cereal
L: BLT (minus the T :P), orange
D: Smoothie