Starting No S While Injured

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

HoneyBeeNYC

Starting No S While Injured

Post by HoneyBeeNYC » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:26 pm

I gave myself a vile, nasty case of plantar fasciitis while trying to get in shape as part of a weight loss effort. :roll:

It's been no end of a lesson. I don't tell other people what to do, but if I could tell myself what to do three months ago, I would say: "Get your eating habits in shape first, then start slowly with the exercise. And get rid of those cheapass shoes and buy some good ones."

Well, here I am, injured and semi-immobile. I walk like a nudist dances: very carefully. And you know what? I'm a bit down, but not out. I'm gonna give this No S Diet a college try. And as for low-impact exercise, I learned about hooping. I'm waiting for my hoop, so I'm focusing on just the foot exercises. When I get my energy back, I'll return to upper body conditioning (with 8 and 5 lb dumbbells).

See you next month! Or maybe sooner!

I'm 5'5" (165 cm) and weigh 144 lbs (65.3 kg)

kaalii

Post by kaalii » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:37 pm

welcome!!
hooping and hoop dancing is so much fun...
i have been doing it for over 10 years...
and performing with fire-hoop, too...
so beautiful!
BMI: 18.8
Body Fat %: 17.6
in it for maintenance and, more importantly, sanity!!