Deb's daily check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Amy3010

Re: Deb's daily check in

Post by Amy3010 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:59 am

Oh, wow, Deb, that sounds really tough...and yet, you are able to see some positive aspects in your current situation, which is admirable. I do hope things improve for you soon, but in the meantime, hang in there!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:52 pm

Thank you Amy!!💜
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

WINhappy

Post by WINhappy » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:47 pm

Hi Deb,

I hope you feel fully supported over at the Facebook group. I wish you great success going forward, whatever the details of "success" look like for you. Best regards, WINhappy
Sometimes the coolest thing when you were a kid- remains the coolest thing.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:05 pm

Thank you!!💜
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:04 am

Good God, I didn't see your August post until now. So sorry for those losses. Do you have the same username on Facebook? Forgive me if I have already communicated with you there and forgotten!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)