Days 1, 2, and 3 under my belt!

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Rollo

Days 1, 2, and 3 under my belt!

Post by Rollo » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:02 pm

I found this place only yesterday, but I was practically fasting on Monday because I just felt like crap. So my first three days were actually "mostly" successful. I feel pretty thrilled about having found this program, by the way!

We go out every Wed night for dinner with a group of friends. There was a little funny stuff involved, b/c I ordered 2 virgin marys instead of having water. Also when we got home (some of the group usually comes by our house after dinner to visit & listen to music,) I did drink quite a bit of diet soda, (as a filler for the drinks I'm used to having.) Otherwise I have pretty much cut out all artificial sweeteners.

One thing I do a little differently than recommended; when I have fruit with a meal, I have the fruit first, then wait a few minutes for it to digest before I eat the rest of the meal. I do this to help with good digestion. BTW, it's usually frozen blueberries, they are an incredible treat, low calorie, lots of fiber, tons of vitamins...

I love this daily check-in journaling thing. Wow this program and board just have EVERYTHING you need to be successful. Anyway here I go on day 4, I'm STOKED!
Rollo

gettnbusy

Post by gettnbusy » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:06 pm

Good luck Rose Ann! This board and the Genearl discussion board are great resources to see that everyone on here is human and we share our real strength, experience, failures & hope. So dig in... it's just a matter of changing a habit. A hard habit, but still...just a habit.
~Christi~
~I'm still not perfect~
~Sophie~

Rollo

Sunday check in

Post by Rollo » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:51 pm

Well, this is the last day of my first week. The first 4 1/2 days went really wonderfully. However Friday evening was not perfect, we had houseguests arrive for the weekend and that's when the party started. I didn't do too badly Friday evening. Saturday afternoon and night were a virtual unending snackfest (somewhat "normal" for a weekend of company and football watching & partying...)

Today is Sunday. The guests just left. I'm done with the 48 hours of snacking, sweets, etc. My first 2 S days were a lot more out of hand than I wanted them to be, but not really any different than they would have been if I hadn't been No S ing. So I guess that's a pretty good success.

The best thing is that I already feel like I am making progress, and several people have asked me if I've lost weight already!!! (Might be the new pair of BIGGER sized jean I had to buy last week- guess they looked pretty good on me even though they're the biggest ones I've ever owned...) LOL!

I'm making the rest of today "N".
Rollo

gettnbusy

Post by gettnbusy » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:31 am

Is this week going well for you so far?
~I'm still not perfect~
~Sophie~