Happyrunr's Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Happyrunr

Happyrunr's Daily Check In

Post by Happyrunr » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:28 am

Day 1- SUCCESS (i think!)
Ok- this is my first day. I have NO IDEA if I am doing this right- but here I go:
Breakfast- plain yogurt with blueberries over oatmeal.
Lunch- Lean Cuisine with sugar free pudding
had coffee with milk in the afternoon
Dinner- 2 peices of pizza, applesauce with cinnamon sugar

Is the pizza proper? I have no idea- it seems like everyone on here is eating so HEALTHY! Also- I'll only have 2 days down and then I'm on an S day- is this okay?? And on my S day- I can eat whatever, whenever? Seems too good to be true!

Happyrunr

2nd day

Post by Happyrunr » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:53 pm

Oh my GOSH- it's only 10am, and I'm already STARVING- and lunch is 2 hours away! I didnt think it'd be this hard.....
more later......

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:20 pm

Pizza is fine; I'm having it for dinner tonight.

Looking at your day's meals, I would have to ask if you are eating enough food. It doesn't look like it. Also, you shouldn't be starving if you are eating enough. Pile it on and tuck in and EAT! It's okay to pile the plates when you are first beginning the program.

Also, don't panic...it may take a day or two or a few to figure out how much and what you have to eat to get you from one meal to the next.

Your food looks pretty healthy, just skimpy. Lean Cuisine doesn't have much staying power.

Don't count calories or anything, just eat and enjoy three plates a day.

Keep us posted. We're cheering for you. :D

Happyrunr

Post by Happyrunr » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:28 pm

Day 2- SUCCESS

Was hungry- so I'm trying to eat bigger meals- but I have a hard time doing this because I get full so quick- I'm used to eating smaller meals.

Day 3- this is my first S day- and I'm taking FULL advantage of it, but I'm SO afraid I'm going to gain gain gain!! Is this normal?