laura checkin in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

laura03

laura checkin in

Post by laura03 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:26 pm

i have done real well for 5 days and i'm on my s days now. wow did i stuff my face, i started to feel down but i realized that i didn't eat the usual amount i would of normally. :) wish me luck for the week :!: [/b]

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:14 am

Luck!!!

Actually, you don't need luck. Just do next week what you did last week and you'll be fine.

laura03

Post by laura03 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:40 pm

THANKS JAMMIN JAN, I REALLY LOVE HEARING YOUR REPLIES, THEY ARE ENCOURAGING :!: I'M NOT DOING SO GOOD TODAY :cry: I WEIGHED MYSELF AND DIDN'T LOSS ANYTHING. I HAVE GOT TO STOP THIS, I KNOW IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN IN A WEEK. I'M GOING TO GET OFF THIS ROLLER COASTER RIDE OF WEIGHT THIS YEAR :!: IT MAY TAKE A FEW TRIES BUT I'M GONNA GET THERE :x :x :x :x

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:54 pm

Don't weigh yourself for at least a month! Just stick to program guidelines and you'll do fine. Keep posting! :D