Hilary and Tiffani Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:00 am

Good morning!

Yesterday was another success! Not a single snack or second and I'm not counting the few sips of DP with homemade pizza last night. Of which I got full after only *two* VERY small pieces, arrgh!! LOL.

I don't know, but I think I'm finding it far easier to stick to this time around-how about you? Ok, its only been three days, but really, the first time I did this the first few days were the hardest. Of course there's always Friday which was REALLY hard for me last time too-especially the evening, and even more so now that DH is off on Fridays as well as Sat/Sun. So...we shall see if I have to eat my words, so to speak :wink:

I even exercised last night-the routine (weeks 1&2) from Jillian's (of biggest loser) book. It kicked my BUTT. However I *did* make it through 8)

I am making cinnamon swirl bread-trying a new recipe, from the King Arthur Flour Baking Companion. I was supposed to form and bake it last night but I forgot all about it, so I did it this am-hope it still rises! Within a reasonable amount of time, that is :roll: We'll see, I guess.

Anyway, have another great day!! Just think, by the holidays this year we should be well on our way-if we haven't lost a ton by then, at least our habits should be firmly in place, right? I'm rooting for the big loss, though :P I am *feeling* skinnier already, but I am not gonna get too excited yet...talk to ya later!
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:25 am

The bread sounds yummy! Good job doing Jillian's workout. I bet it's tough!
No exercise today but yesterday I biked with the trailer and since I was p'd off, I really pushed myself up the hills.

Eating was good today. Kindof fragmented because I was busy running around town (I so could not drive for a week because of all the errands I did today, bleh!).

DH is off 4 days now (yippee) so I'm really going to have to watch it on the S's.
I get what you are saying about it being easier to do the N days this time. I'll be shopping and see a treat I'd love, and I just have the thought that "it's not time to eat yet" or "it's not an S day, it's ok, you can have it on Saturday." It's weird, but I like it.

Ok, it's late and I should sleep.

Talk soon :) Great job Hilary!!!!
Tiff
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:33 pm

:P aaw, thanks! you too, btw! I am really impressed you can ride with a trailer and TWO kids inside, right?? THAT would be tough, lol!

Yesterday was a success-I even passed the "my hubby's eating in front of me again" night-time snack :roll: LOL. It couldn't have been the fact that I was so tired I couldn't get up and get something even if I had wanted to! And doing well so far today too, but of course it's not even lunch time yet...

Wow, good for you that your DH's off 4 days straight-I always love that 8) I am sure you'll be fine-you can do it, you will feel so strong when you accomplish your goal!

Well, just wanted to say hi and let you know I'm thinking of you and plugging along with you from TX-have a great day Tiff!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:19 am

HOwdy.
Today is going well. I think I'm coming down with a cold but otherwise I did GREAT on the exercise. We rode all the way down to the navy base (5miles) and let the kids play at the playground, then rode back, ate some bbq (very disappointing bbq after having lived in TX and OK!! LOL, they do it all in the oven and even tho the restaurant is called "Smokey Joe's" they dont' smoke ANYTHING), then rode home. Was really kind of fun, and I pushed myself hard again, it's really making a difference in my endurance and strength (not to mention mood). It was 51 minutes total of biking time!! :)

AND a new lower number on the scale this morning. That's 222. Down from 245. 23lbs not on my butt :-D Seems like I'll drop down to a number, like I was at 229 for a long time, danced around from 229 to say 232 up and down for a few weeks, then it would drop suddenly to 226 bounce around back up and down, then drop to 225, and now 222! Might be a fluke but I like to see it.

Eating.. meh. I had a snack today, but it was sunflower seeds, pecans and coconut shreds (a small gerber bowl). But I had a light lunch and probably screwed myself that way.

Anyway, that was my day. :lol:

Talk soon
Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:08 am

Howdy.

I"m grumpy, how are you!
I think it' the zyrtec I'm taking for this cold. I feel like a space alien LOL

Ok, today went well. No snacking actually. I did kindof have a second for supper but it was just a couple of bites of leftover pasta cassarole (which is a huge hit at our house).

Got an S, it was from a local pastry shop and frankly, I was disappointed! I was a "7 layer chocolate cake" slice. Covered with chocolate (like a swiss roll) but then on teh inside was 7 layers of white cake with sortof maybe chocolate flavored coolwhip between those layers. And had a pretty yellow flower on top. Disappointing. Not at all yummy. I mean it was sweet, but no real deep flavors. Ah well.

As far as exercise we trapsed all over at a wine festival and I was either pushing an umbrella stroller over bumpy fields, gravel and up hills, carrying a 1yr old or a 3 yr old at any time. So I'm pooped. Oh, I mowed the whole lawn also. So I think that all counts!

Hope you had a good day. I was thinking about you when I bought my S treat, wonder what you had?!

TIff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:49 pm

Whew..I'm tired just thinking about it! Carting little ones is VERY wearing on ya, isn't it?? And that's too bad about the cake! :x I hate when I get all wired up for a treat and then its a letdown!

I hope you're feeling better-very soon, if not already!

I've been pretty good about my s's this weekend-nothing crazy for a change, hooray! I have really cut down on the soda, because I don't want to go from almost none from the S-days to continuous consumption and back again Monday-too hard to get back in the swing, you know? and I don't want to waste a bunch of calories on that when I could plan something better.

Gotta go! talk to ya later!

Oh, I meant to say CONGRATS on the 23 lbs gone!!! How great is that?? God willing I'll be able to say that soon too :P and more :mrgreen: (both of us!!)
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:31 am

Thank you :) < Takes bow > I hope there are about 23 more that would like to come off, and then another 23 and then... LOL

Today was good in the exercise dept. Took kids in teh stroller and dogs for a 30 min walk this morning and then followed that up with a good jog, 40 mins up hill most of the way :) I am just so proud that whatever I ask of my body it's willing to try and can really keep going. It's amazing how resilient bodies are. And now that I've built up this level of fitness I hope that I don't get lazy over the winter and stop all this good I did.

Anyway, eating, meh. Kindof light grazing all day. DH made smoked brisket for supper was good and I made chocolate no-bake cookies for dessert. I stopped myself at 4 but they finally came out just the right texture and set up just right, so I couldn't help myself :oops: 8)

Can't decide if I want tomorrow to be an S day because of columbus day and dh is off or if I should just do an N day. Won't snack or have seconds for sure though. Maybe some of those no bakes.

I am really proud of you about the soda!! I know that stuff can be so addicting. I used to drink a ton of DrP in highschool (probably can thank the good Dr. for my BAD TEETH lol). I don't know why, I just never bought any once I moved out, we still RARELY buy soda, if only we're having a get together and know others drink soda. But I lost my taste for it. Once in a while I'll order a sprite with a combo meal but I think it tastes like syrup and is nasty. NOw I generally ask for bottled water.

Anyway, good day, good to hear from you!

Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:32 pm

Hi Tiffani!

My Monday has been..well, less than stellar, but better than disaster :roll:

I "virtual plated" (is that a euphemism for cheating, I wonder? I was starving so I said VPing) 2 pieces of homemade cinnamon swirl bread (be-)for breakfast; then the same at lunch-VP-ed a few fritos; then (this I can't rationalize) snacked on homemade popcorn this afternoon. Sigh. So while not terrible, I am not pleased with myself. And I had a few sips (very few) of soda too. :(

And I still need to exercise. It's been raining off and on today, so it's lovely (HA!!) and HUMID (yuk) outside, not to mention muddy, so kids and I have been inside all day driving each other nuts. I think I'm a little farther gone, natch (lol).

So how's your Monday going? Jack had to work, so boo-hoo for me :P It sounds like you had a good weekend, and got some real smoked BBQ for a change(yah!) We have a great place about 5 miles from here, very small and country, GREAT bbq!

I purposely didn't make my favorite cookies because I did NOT want those around tempting me..well I have to go, the circus is calling :roll: lol
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:49 am

Monday was good. Took it as an S day, and today too *yeesh I know a lot of S days in a row, but Jess's work's softball team had a cookout and i knew there were going to be a lot of goodies there. There were these brownies and, OMG they were so good! I just had one small slice. I did snack today. Once I start eating sugary crap, I just get all weird and overeat
I did bike today down to Chipotle restaurant with DH and the kiddos, so did my exercise and got a vegetarian burrito, ate about 2/3rds of it.

So, overall, still a pretty decent day.

It's raining as we speak (finally!!!) so hopefully we get a good soaking!

Talk soon
Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:56 am

Yum, your cookout sounds like fun (haven't had breakfast yet and everyting sounds good!).

So yesterday was successful, 95% anyway. I did sip some DrP again (sigh). But *NO* snacks, not even a nibble, and no seconds either, no sweets.. And my DS and I made an *excellent* supper last night too, Chicken Parmesan...Yuuuummm!!! I took extra so I wouldn't be tempted to have seconds, lol. I still ate a reasonable amount, though. I have to make that more often, it was really good, and it was fun to have Jacob help me-much easier too, with two people working.

Its early yet so I haven't messed up today :lol: hopefully I can make it through.

How often do you weigh yourself? I am (almost always) discouraged when I look bet I don't want to give it up entirely..ok, well, I sorta do :roll: but on the other hand, I'd like to know. Sigh. What to do, what to do??! LOL.

Have a great day, I'll check in again later!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:35 pm

Yum, your chicken parm sounds so good! Tonight on our menu is taco salad :)
I need to get my butt in gear and get over to the grocery store before noon- our broken (now fixed) micro is supposed to be delivered.

I weigh myself on Fridays, generally. Most of the time I forget though and I go a while between weighings. I probably won't weigh in this week from the loooong weekend of S's. :shock: Ah well.

Today for b'fast I had a "Hearty Smoothie" and I can't decide if I like it or hate it. It was in the blender: 1 cup soy milk, 3/4 cup oatmeal (dry), honey to taste and 1/2 cup frozen fruit. Was good. Was a little gritty/texture but was tasty. DD liked it!

Ok, gotta go,
Talk later
Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:32 pm

G'morning. So far, so good on this N day. I had a 3 egg scrambled wrap this morning for b'fast. I know 3 eggs was probably a bit much but they are at their exp. date, so I figured, what the heck, eat 'em.
Then I also had choc. soy milk and then of course decaf coffee and creamer throughout this morning.
according to fitday.com that's 876 calories (eek) but at least I have a good idea of how much I'm puttin in.

I'm going to ride bike to go pick up ds from preschool soon. It's chilly out so I'll have to bundle up Evoli for the ride home. Maybe I'll toss a blanket in there.

Yesterday I didn't do very well, I had some choc. no bake cookies, because I truely felt I "deserved" them after chasing around 2 VERY crabby kids! I don't know what was up with them but they both were crying, screaming, argueing, clinging, silly creatures LOL

Ok, so today's a good start, hope you are doing well.

Talk soon!
Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:35 pm

Hiya Tiffani!

Sorry its been awhile, I got sick Wednesday. Then Jack took Thursday off to set up the new computer (still working on that!) and yesterday was Jacob's 13th birthday :shock: Gosh it came fast :cry: So its been a very busy week and *not* good for my NoS adherence. On the other hand, although I took extra S-days I haven't been an idiot on them either. So not perfect, but getting better (sigh).

Today is an sday so I can't screw up :P I'm making a coffee cake, so I have to go preheat the oven-have a great day, Tiffani! I'll try to check in again today or tomorrow to see how you're doing. Talk later!
Hilary
_______

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:55 pm

Hi. Not having a good Monday-I've done ok no-s-wise; I did have a small leftover piece of coffee cake from the other day but that's it for cheating. It's just I am pms'ing and it's not a good thing. I get down in the dumps and its so hard to snap out of it. I am tired of being fat and I feel like it'll never end. I have been so bad about consistency in any area of my life..I need to stick with the exercise AND eating at the same time and not QUIT just because its so slow. I want results, and I want to see SOME kinda result at least within a couple of weeks, if I am consistent in both No-S and exercise. Thats not unreasonable, is it? Even a couple pounds in the right direction, you know? I'm having a little pity party for myself, as you can see :roll:

I just want to know it'll work *for me*, too, like it does for others...and I haven't really been consistent enough to know. I am too easily discouraged I guess.

I did an hour on my exercise bike last night. So at least I'm off to a good start exercise wise. I need to exercise today too-but now I am still trying to get the last kid to finish his daily school. He is so slow, which is annoying because I know he's very smart and could be much faster if he'd concentrate.

There's lots more I could vent but I'll leave it for now, I don't want to bring you down with me!

Just wanted to check in and say hi, and see how you are doing. Hopefully your day is going much better than mine!
Hilary
_______

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:40 am

G'morning.

Yesterday was another failure :roll: DH wanted me to make cookies (chocolate chip, my fav) for my dbil (who did me a favor) and some for his work buddies(just because? lol), and you can't make cookies for someone and not make some for your own kids, right? So I made a dbl batch and I am guilty of eating some cookie dough and one baked cookie. Actually that is really good for me-usually I eat a LOT of cookie dough and at least 4 cookies even when I try not to! So, *better*, but not ideal.

And I didn't work out yesterday-my sore arm was bothering me and I didn't get enough sleep. Actually that's been a regular occurrence for me lately, unfortunately. :( I am just not getting to bed early enough and I get up before 5 Monday thru Thursday to get Jack's breakfast/lunch/coffee made for him. You'd think I'd have sense enough to work out in the early AM peace and quiet, but noooooo, that's too sensible...I usually play on the computer instead. Like now :P Sigh. You know when I post, it always says 5hrs later than it actually is. I am posting at 5:44 am, but it says 10:44 (or close to that) AM instead. Weird. Oh well.

Anyhoo, I miss ya, hope you're doing ok. talk later.
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:39 am

Soooo sorry I haven't posted in a while.
Good job on the exercise. I've been averaging about 4 times a week. Really loving the biking.

Eating is not going so well. Right now I've been having a flare up of IBS for about 2 weeks and I'm just so exhausted from teh gas pressure, pain, bloating, etc. It's hard because I don't want to hold the kids or play or do any chores because I'm in such pain. Bleh. HOpefully it gets normal soon.

I'm going to try to post some more!!! I'm such a bad friend :oops: Ok, just a quick note, shower, laundry and off to bed :)

Hope you are well!
Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:13 pm

I'm still here. Been ok in the eating area, not green days but I'm not totally overloadin on the snacking anyway.
Exercise this week was not good either, but it's been raining. I did the treadmill day before yesterday and think the rain will stop this afternoon, so hopefully can go on a bike ride later.

Hope you are doing well!
Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:30 pm

:(

I'm really sorry to hear you've been feeling so bad! You know its bad when you don't want to hold your kids!! Don't be silly, you are NOT a bad friend!! I wouldn't post eitherif I felt lousy. I hope you're doing better and finding some relief. I'll keep you in my prayers {{{hugs}}}

I've been just trying not to screw up *too* badly. In other words, NOT doing well. I haven't exercised regularly or been totally on habit for NoS either...sigh.

You know, I figure if I'd really just buckle down and DO IT it would only take about 6mos or so to get where I want to be. So *what* is my problem?? I guess I just don't see the light at the end of the tunnel and it feels like it'll take so long I give up before I've accomplished anything. I never thought of myself as a quitter but its so much easier to quit when you're continuously tired! I fell asleep last night at like 830pm-it usually catches up with me after about a week of 5 hours of sleep nights :roll:

Anyway. Yesterday was Jack's birthday so we went out to eat and did some shopping (Mom watched the kids-yah!!). His work called him repeatedly though while we were out and we finally had to actually stop in his work and he spent about an hour fixing the problem-kinda ruined the mood :roll: oh well.

well, i'll talk to ya later-I'm really glad to hear from you, I missed you a lot 8)
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:19 am

I hope you get some more sleep. Once you loose a bunch of sleep like that it's hard to want to do anything, let alone watch your diet and exercise. Can you catch a nap here and there?

I didn't sleep well myself the last few nights because I exercised on only Sunday and Wednesday and nothing else. My body was very stir crazy, not at all tired enough to sleep!

Today though it was like I was CRAVINg exercise and so I took both kids in the bike buggy up and down the hills and culdesacs. Man, my legs were so happy. I was afraid I'd have already lost muscle strength, but thankfully they were willing to power up the hills! Felt good.

Then since dh does some strength exercises, I decided I could do some too. He has 2 posterboards up to hang magazine workouts (from Men's Health). He said I can use one (of course! :)) and so I put some strength training articles up from my women's health. My arms are shaky just typing LOL. I hope to do this like 3 times a week.

Maybe I'll make this habit. It changes my nighttime routine though, Usually I shower after supper after the kids so that we're all ready for bed, but tonight I skipped the shower for later and came down here and pounded out a few LOL PLUS, since the kids are pretty much in bed by 8pm anymore, after our workout dh and I can shower.... together.... LOL! Which hasn't happened in forever!

I get what you're saying about why don't you just buckle down and do it. I have the same feelings too. Don't quit! You can do it! Remember it all will accumulate (or is it... DE cumulate)? LOL it all will make a difference, just try your best throughout the week and after a while, it will make a difference.

Even though I had a LOT of ups and downs myself since I joined the forum Dec. 15 last year, in 10 months I've dropped 20lbs, which is pretty respectable I'd say. I can even get in my size 18 jeans, which still fit a little weird in my belly but are oddly loose in the legs. When I was an 18 before, they were ok in the belly but tight in the upper thighs, so something's different. PLUS, I was a size 22 in December. Soo, see, it's all relative, it will work, just do your best, allow yourself a screw up once in a while, forgive yourself and move on, right? I must also take my own advice there LOL :P

Ok, it's good to be back, I missed you too. How is everything going down in TX?

Talk soon
Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:20 am

I hope you get some more sleep. Once you loose a bunch of sleep like that it's hard to want to do anything, let alone watch your diet and exercise. Can you catch a nap here and there?

I didn't sleep well myself the last few nights because I exercised on only Sunday and Wednesday and nothing else. My body was very stir crazy, not at all tired enough to sleep!

Today though it was like I was CRAVINg exercise and so I took both kids in the bike buggy up and down the hills and culdesacs. Man, my legs were so happy. I was afraid I'd have already lost muscle strength, but thankfully they were willing to power up the hills! Felt good.

Then since dh does some strength exercises, I decided I could do some too. He has 2 posterboards up to hang magazine workouts (from Men's Health). He said I can use one (of course! :)) and so I put some strength training articles up from my women's health. My arms are shaky just typing LOL. I hope to do this like 3 times a week.

Maybe I'll make this habit. It changes my nighttime routine though, Usually I shower after supper after the kids so that we're all ready for bed, but tonight I skipped the shower for later and came down here and pounded out a few LOL PLUS, since the kids are pretty much in bed by 8pm anymore, after our workout dh and I can shower.... together.... LOL! Which hasn't happened in forever!

I get what you're saying about why don't you just buckle down and do it. I have the same feelings too. Don't quit! You can do it! Remember it all will accumulate (or is it... DE cumulate)? LOL it all will make a difference, just try your best throughout the week and after a while, it will make a difference.

Even though I had a LOT of ups and downs myself since I joined the forum Dec. 15 last year, in 10 months I've dropped 20lbs, which is pretty respectable I'd say. I can even get in my size 18 jeans, which still fit a little weird in my belly but are oddly loose in the legs. When I was an 18 before, they were ok in the belly but tight in the upper thighs, so something's different. PLUS, I was a size 22 in December. Soo, see, it's all relative, it will work, just do your best, allow yourself a screw up once in a while, forgive yourself and move on, right? I must also take my own advice there LOL :P

Ok, it's good to be back, I missed you too. How is everything going down in TX?

Talk soon
Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:36 am

Well eating is not going so well, nor are stress levels, but I am still exercising. I did strength training tonight for 30 minutes.

Sorry so short, its' late and I still need to shower.

:)
Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:59 pm

Hello, Tiffani! I am really sorry I haven't been here in so long-lots going on!

My Dad may have to have heart surgery :cry: . Actually its pretty likely, so I have been thinking and worrying about that. I am just praying and leaving him in God's hands, because really, there's not much else I can do.

And my car had to have close to a thousand $$ worth of work. Then Jack's car broke down too (luckily his was very minor). And we put up all our pictures (FINALLY!!) last weekend, including a bunch of new ones. The house looks so much better though!

Plus getting the kids to make sure they get their schooling done is a challenge to say the least. I'm pooped!!!

At least I got a good night's sleep last night, for a change :p That's still a challenge as well. I was doing pretty good on the exercise but that's slowed down too-only two workouts last week plus maybe one walk (short of course, and not intense, since my Mom came and I was pulling Gracie in the wagon and trying to keep the boys in my general viewing area!

Thanks for the encouraging words, Tiffani. Hearing from you is like getting a hug from a Faraway Friend!! I need it :lol: I will do this-I am not giving up!! I am older than you but I am still to young to feel this OLD and tired!!! I better get off the 'puter and get breakfast and all that junk :P I hope to talk to ya soon! Have a great day and week! I will try to post often, maybe some accountability would push me in the right direction!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:33 am

Good to hear from you, Hilary! I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I send along my good thoughts that everything goes well with his heart surgery. It's so scary when such a vital organ has a problem!

Today has gone well. Friday night I got food poisoning (my own homemade pudding- might have been that I tasted it before I cooked it! Ugh, shame!) so I was sick Friday night BAD, oy, and then most of Saturday but all better today.

Eating.. meh. I still snack but it's not a snackathon like it used to be, but still, I know it adds up and I do try not to. I have discovered lately that i LOVE romaine lettuce with a splash of balsamic vinegar and olive oil with sunflower seeds and shredded cheese. Mmmm good. I have a large salad (half a head) every day. Ran out today, will have to go pick up some more tomorrow.

Tonight I ran on the treadmill one of my saved runs that I tried to simulate the hills an my typical speed of running in my neighborhood.
I've also started weight training so I try to do cardio one day (walk, run or bike) and then strength the next, taking off a day or two here and there. I missed a couple this week because of being sick but I'm trying to stay on track anyway.

Post as often as you can. I find it is really hectic here too, keeping up with everything. I always enjoy catching up with you, yo do feel like an old friend - like we've known each other longer than we actually have- It will be a year of noSing for me on Dec. 16. Ok, bedtime! :)

Talk soon and take care :)

Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:50 pm

Hi!

Sorry to hear about the food poisoning! UGH!! Glad you're feeling better, though! The salad sounds good (and good for you!) I need to eat more salads too. I have been trying to make homemade soups for lunch every week to up the vitamins and fiber in our diets. Luckily my kids love soup. Except Gracie who is the pickiest little girl-my fault I know, I let her get away with it :roll:

I had a pretty good weekend. I walked almost 10K steps yesterday, plus did 44 min on my exercise bike. I need to get back in the habit. I'm glad to hear you've added some weights, that will make you feel so good! You'll be so much stronger before you know it. I have been feeling really achey lately, plus I just started my period, so that's making it worse. I know I feel so much less achey when I keep up the exercise on a daily basis, so if for *no* other reason I am going to step up the exercise. I'm tired of hobbling around :roll:

My kids made me breakfast in bed this morning!! :shock: Blueberry pancakes, banana, blueberry yogurt, and fresh flowers in a little vase. Plus they got little sis dressed and cleaned up the house!! 8) How cool is that?? I have some great kids :mrgreen:
Hilary
_______

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:51 pm

G'morning!

It's very early so I haven't cheated yet today, lol.

Yesterday was not a success, though I keep trying to convince myself it wasn't so bad. I did drink (over the course of the day) an entire can of Dr. Pepper.

:roll:

That stuff is evil. Plus I ate homemade (left over) popcorn last night. I am ashamed (hands head). TOday is another day and I plan success today-we shall see if I succeed.

I am feeling lonely lately, I wish I had some friends!. Dh has to go out of town in a couple of weeks (after Thanksgiving) and I am soooooo not looking forward to that. I'm such a sissy! It's only for 4 days :roll:

On a positive note, the kids and I took a loooong walk yesterday-too long actually! 77 minutes according to my new pedometer. Because of my short stature it takes far more than 10K steps for me to reach the 5mile daily recommended steps for weight loss. Harummph! Not fair!! LOL. I still take as many steps, it should be equal. Oh well.

Well I will try to check in later!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:26 pm

Wow that was a long walk!
Don't sweat the eating too much. Jess had a 4 day weekend so I pretty much S'd every one of those days. Meh. I could tighten up but I'm still also exercising, so that's good, right?

hang in there!

Do you have a homeschooling co-op that you could make some friends and maybe do some activities together? I know what you mean about being lonely. I have only a couple of friends here.

I totally understand about your dh being gone for 4 days. It sucks, for sure!

Ok, quick update since I've got to run- Had a smoked turkey/potato/egg wrap for b'fast with a choc. silk.
Going to NOT snack till lunch (that's the plan!)

Talk soon and hang in there :)
Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:33 pm

Hi Tiffani!

Just wanted to check in real quick-I've done pretty well this week so far-comparitively speaking anyway :roll:

I've exercised everyday-today I've done an hour weight training/waerobics ala Jillian M's book: yesterday did an hour on my bike, 50 min the day before; plus walking on, Monday, I think it was. Tuesday and Wednesday was pretty much perfect No-s too. Today I had a snack though; a little popcorn and a couple sips of Dr. Pepper-I was soooo hungry! But still, overall I've done well. And it definitely would've fit on my lunch plate :mrgreen: so I'm calling it a success. It wasn't emotional eating-I really was hungry!

Can you say "Rationalize"? LOL-Oh well.

Mom came to visit today, it was a really nice visit. We played Scrabble (I won! hehehe) and poor Mom unfortunately got some ant bites. And Texas ants are *mean* as you might recall!

The exercise is helping my mood a lot I think. I am bent on keeping it up, both No-S and the exercise. I'm trying to make sure and check in everyday if only briefly to help with accountability.

Thanks for the suggestion-I really need to try and find some other homeschooling moms. I met one family who we spent some time with and really liked, and we've been trying to arrange a time to get together, but she lives in SA and neither of us is very good about getting back to the other about when exactly we'll meet up. Oh well, I will try harder I guess.

Gotta go-time to murder some ANTS. :twisted:
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:49 pm

Well I've had failures as far as Sing goes all week. Today is Friday and I hope that maybe I can at least get in one successful day.
B'fast is pb&j on homemade whole wheat with soy milk.

I have to remind myself, eating is NOT going to make the lonliness/anxiety/worry/boredom go away. I still have to face it once I've had that last bite. I have to stare it in the face and do something about it besides permasnack all day.
I know yesterday I ate WAY too much.

:(

But I did bike with the kids in the buggy. And I did feel strong (gotta love the strength training. Should've started sooner!)

I remember those freakin fire ants. I HATE those things.

And I've also been worrying a lot about what to do about our kids' education... public school (gawd no! is what my heart/gut says about that), private school? homeschooling (can I provide them with enough learning opportunities? Do I have enough energy/patience? What if I totally screw them up? What books do I want to use (academic/non-religious)? Will they hate me being with me all day? Will they resent me for missing out on the whole school experience?)

I saw school as sort of a refuge, but it was mostly because my parents argued a lot (it was ridiculous, they still do!) but then I was teased mercilessly at school and about as unpopular as you can get. And so I both loved and hated school. I did love to learn and I was good at it. I got A's without studying and most of the time I "set the grade curve" which made kids hate me even more. There was all this distraction with who's popular, who's going to beat me up, football talk during class, etc. Now there's worry about gangs and drugs and all kinds of inappropriate things. You couldn't pay me to go back through public school again...

Anyway, I could go on, I worry too much! Laundry bekons though,
TIffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:19 pm

8)

g' mornin, Tiff!

I hear ya-I know about worrying about their education! But seriously, you CAN do it-if you choose to home school. You are intelligent, have plenty of time for them (they will NOT hate being with you all day, lol-they won't know any different!), *and* most importantly; YOU LOVE THEM! Think of all the time wasted in public school, between transporting them back and forth to school, class changes, lunch breaks, recess, not to mention all the extra students your kids' teachers will have to take care of and teach. I know you'll have distractions at home too, but they are more controllable. Your children will receive so much more attention and help when they need it than they would in a public school. Plus there are tons of resources to guide you in teaching and you *can* make up your own custom program as well. There are unit studies, which incorporate all subjects (math, reading, writing, art, music, science, etc..) into one study, such as Ancient Egypt, or US History, or the inventors, or Art Study, *whatever* you can think of, pretty much!

And you can socialize them just fine without public school, trust me! My kids are not shy in any way shape or form, and they get along very well with adults *and* other children. Don't let that worry you! Besides, there are more and more home schooling groups everyday to meet up with and get your kids involved with others. I personally think you would make a GREAT home-schooling Mom :D

Ok off my soapbox :P

After all my bragging yesterday, last night I ate a bowl of mint chocolate ice cream (I did put about half a cup back, because I couldn't stand how sweet it was!) and a handful of Frito Scoops with refried beans to get the sweet out of my mouth; then to top it off I had one and a half margaritas (my hubby makes great margaritas, he was a bartender when we met, lol!). Since Jack is on a four-day work week Thursday night feels like Friday night and I'm always in the mood to enjoy, watch a movie and send the kids to bed early, ykwim? LOL.

But I did do the exercise at least. And I've lost about 2.5 lbs this week-I hope its really a loss and not the kind that pops back on next week. I know what you mean about the strength training-it really makes a noticeable difference in the rest of your day, doesn't it?? It's a great feeling!

So much for my 3rd S-day success. :roll:

Well I have to get started on my day-I'll try to post later and see if I get my exercising in! Talk later!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:35 pm

Thanks for the peptalk. I called my mom this morning, who used to be anti homeschooling (she thought why should some ordinary person with no formal education be able to teach their kids when teachers have to have years of education and certifications) but now since she started teaching my neices, she's all for it and very excited and actually encouraged me to do it!

I am excited because there will be none of those distractions you talked about.
I'm not sure if I should enroll him in next year's preschool (4's) which is M,W,F 9-11:30. He has fun, and I figure why not, I suppose... then we'll be moving the next year.

BUT I think I"ll work on a little curriculum for M,W,F this year that would go along with the learning units of his preschool- which is basically free-learning/child guided on Tues, Thurs.

I think I"m excited LOL. I have a LOT to learn and I think I need to learn about lesson plans, so I have my mind all organized, otherwise, I think, fo rme, it might be a disaster. Plus it's good practice because I have to make it legal and official when he's 5.

Ok, so today doing well noSing. Probably will do strength training tonight after the kiddos go to bed.

Gotta run, talk soon! (and thanksf or the advice!)
Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:25 am

Hi Tiffani!

Sorry its been so long-there's been so much going on I'm on overload!

The computer's been blue-screening off and on-yee-haw :roll:

And Jack's been gone since Sunday night (comes home tonight, yah!!).

The cat got a fish hook stuck in her mouth Sunday morning, poor baby-178 bucks-poor MAMA!!

The car blew an o-ring on the bottom of the oil pan-thank God we didn't fry the engine!-still, another 128 bucks down the tubes. It started smoking Monday morning on the way to pick up the cat from the vet's; people were flashing lights and offering to follow me to the mechanics. It was really fun (HA!) I had all four kids and the cat in the car and no one at home to call-(Jack was on the way to DC at the time). Thankfully our mechanic's really nice and found a van to take all of us home in.

Then that night (or the next?) Michael dropped a plate of SPAGHETTI on the CARPET. AAAAAGH!! I held it in but I'm fairly certain there was fire coming out my ears, lol.

Then of course the week before was Thanksgiving, so naturally, very busy then too.

And in a couple weeks I get to take the family to see the MIL.

I'm beat to a pulp.

My MIL is nice at least, we get along well, so that's good.

Anyway enough about me :D

I am so glad to hear you're going to try homeschooling! And especially that your Mom likes the idea-of course, you don't need her approval, but it sure helps! You'll be so good at it, I know. And don't let the (inevitable) bad days get to you, they happen to all of us :P

I did really well no-sing and exercising til thksgvg came around and I've blown it all to smithereens since then. Sigh.

Back to the drawing board :roll: Not giving up, though. My DH wants to try low carbing, he says. We'll see how that goes :?

Well I just wanted to check in, its been so long! I miss ya! Hope things are well with you and your family!

Excuse any typos please-typing with a four yr old in you lap makes for extra challenges! :lol:
Hilary
_______

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:15 am

ok. It's Monday (blah) and it's almost over, lol. Three outta four kids are in bed, and I will do my workout in a bit while watching TV.

Today was overall a good day. I mostly kept on habit, and ate fairly well. Here's the rundown:

Breakie: 2 oz. blueberry yogurt and a tuna sandwich on homemade whole wheat bread (weird, I know).

Lunch: half a plate of leftover homemade spaghetti, and I ate a handful of popcorn before lunch (also homemade) as I was ravenous!

Supper: Ok, here's where I messed up. I ate about 2 or 3 cups more of the popcorn because again I was so hungry! Then had homemade pizza for supper. I was going to make salad but I got too lazy. If I had wanted to, I could have piled that popcorn on top of my plate of pizza and it would've fit...I think :o)

And I did have few sips of Dr. Pepper throughout the day. I really want to stop doing that because even little sips add up. I probably had a total of 2 or 3 ounces maybe?

Tomorrow I will really try to stay strong and not breakdown and shove something in between meals. There's not much to snack on in the house, though, that should help!

Hope things are going well for you Tiffani!
Hilary
_______

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:53 pm

It's Thursday! I've had an *almost* perfect week this week...nos-wise anyway!

Yesterday I had no-s's at all...ok I have taken teeny-weeny sips of Dr. P all week, but, literally, they've been like just enough to wet my tongue slightly. I threw out the rest of the can today, because DrP only lasts so long anyway and this one had been drunk so slowly it was gettin' very nast-eh!! Eeew. So out it went. But my craving is still there :roll: sigh. And yesterday I had a few fritos right after supper, but not many and it easily would've fit on my plate. And today I ate a few fritos with refried beans, but I honestly was STARVING! Okay, well, I was SOOO hungry! Honest!

So much for my perfect week, LOL. But for me its reeeeeally good!Because those were it, no other even teeny cheats. Good job me! lol.

Gotta add the exercise back tho!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:37 am

I'm sorry I haven't replied in sooo long! I thought that I was supposed to get an email notifying me of new posts and I suppose something's messed up that it's not... I have the box checked for notify.

Anyway, Not sure if I've had one perfect S day in more than a month. I usually wind up having an afternoon snack and night time snack. I really really need to cut that out. Really.

Present day I weigh 220.5. Down from 245 or so nearly a year ago. It will be a year on the 16th! Slow, but I'm down!!

My strength has increased a bunch. I am fitter. I can run 2 miles easily. I've gotten faster. I've gone from a size 22 to an 18 and those are getting loose. I dug out some of my old shirts that were too tight last year and they are huuuge on me now LOL. I don't feel that much smaller though!
My legs are strong. I did a ton of biking over the summer and now that it's cold I'm pretty much doing running, strength and yoga. Working pretty good. I try to do every other day.
Been watching biggest loser, and my new motto from Bob "Make it Count." and I've found the strength within to really push myself for more when I exercise. It's only temporary and that exercise time will be over soon. Use it well!

The kids are doing well. They keep me plenty busy! (as you know!)
Sorry to hear about your car, I hope it doesn't poop out on you again.
How has everything else been going for you?

We're going to be gone for a couple weeks over Christmas but I will try to check email at my sister's house and hopefully I'll check in once or twice there. I plan to hit a gym there, and hope they'll give me a week pass for cheap or something!

Quick note, time to crash!

Hope you don't think I've forgotten about you, I haven't !! :)
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:24 am

Hi Tiff! It's really good to hear from you. I am so glad you're doing well and feeling so much stronger. I am completely jealous that you've lost weight and I haven't-but of course HAPPY for you!!

We just got back from west Texas yesterday; we went to visit Jack's mom. Very boring trip overall, and I am reaaaalllly glad to be home. I did manage to get in 3 workouts last week and a 1 hour stationary bike ride today. So that's good, but the eating wasn't. Boredom and stress added up to a lot of excess eating last week :(

Jack really wants to try low carbing. Ugh. I don't but I am feeling desperate and depressed that yet another year has passed and I am still FAT. If I had lost some I would feel better, but if anything, I've gained a pound or two. What the heck is wrong with me?! I am feeling really bad about this right now and I feel at a loss. I guess if I really take an honest look I haven't tried hard enough or consistently enough. I feel like crying. I want so much to lose this weight, and feel better. My joints have been hurting daily, knees, hips, even my ELBOWS for heaven's sake, and it is NOT improving my mood to have to keep up with 4 kids (especially my littlest sweetie Grace!) all day and put up with pain at the same time. It's really getting me down. I hardly ever smile anymore and yell at them for the littlest things. Something's gotta change (me obviously!).

Sorry to unload but I need to get it off my chest somehow.
I really hope you and yours have a great holiday and a wonderful visit with your family! {{hugs}} I know you didn't forget me :D
Hilary
_______

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:17 pm

so far so good this week-got a green smiley on the last 3 days, though to be completely up front I did have two small pecan crescent cookies my Mom brought over yesterday. I am counting it as a success because I did NOT go overboard and that is all I had. And it is the holidays, after all :P

Today is going ok. I had half a bowl of cereal w/ whole milk, and a little bacon (1.5 slices) and almost two eggs. I always have little beggars (ie, my kids!) around so it's not unusual to end up with less than I started with on my plate, lol.

I've exercised 3x so far this week, I need to make sure I get some in today and tomorrow too. I really think the exercise (and not being an idiot on S days!) is really the make-or-break key for me. I hope so because I am tired of waiting for results and so far (no doubt because of my own inconsistency) I have lost a total of NOTHING. :cry: I have really been trying to buckle down and JUST DO IT as they say, because I don't want to be 65 lbs overweight ANYMORE.

I am feeling a bit better this week than I have lately. Just need to keep it up. (please God, help me do it this time!)

have a great holiday, Tiffani!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:12 pm

I'm here!! I'm going to try to post more often (wait, didn't I say that earlier LOL??) and check in more often.

I'm having a successful day today so far but have wound up doing a lot of virtual plating because it seems like meals are so rushed lately.
Christmas was mostly ok. We went home on a 1400 mile drive with the 2 kids and 3 dogs and all our goodies. I was just way too happy to be home and I think the trip was a little too long. But fun mostly.

I'm having a REEALLY hard time with the crackers. Really hard. I adore them. I've had them with b'fast and lunch today LOL. I hope that I'll be able to control that.
I'm also staying consistent on the exercise and I'm happy about that too.

I've let some S's slip in though all week, since the binge fest over the holidays but I didn't gain any weight though!! :)

Ok, just a quick note,
talk soon and I hope you are well, hang in there!
Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:09 pm

Good Morning. Today is Monday, an N day and I'm determined to make it stick. I have avoided the scale but I'm betting it's gone up some the last few weeks, as I haven't had one clear N day in ages.

Ok so B'fast was scrambled eggs, 2 pc. toast with butter and 2 coffees with creamer (had one w/b'fast and one now). Oh and a soy milk also.

Lunch, not sure what that will be but I'm ONLY having LUNCH and DINNER and no SNACKS and certainly NO DESSERT!!!

oK? Ok.

HOpe you are well.
Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:48 pm

Hi, long time no see! LOL. Glad to hear from you, but sorry your N-days aren't what they could be-i'm running behind the wagon, right there with ya, though!

Sunday was my b-day and it was really depressing. Basically I caught up on mounds of laundry and house work, didn't even get CAKE and ate so-so take-out chinese for supper. We didn't do anything as EVERYone had been sick from last Monday to through Friday-(the bad sick, fever, throwing up, won't eat, coughing and congested-all four kids, Jack, and me frazzled to the bone). I'm still frazzled and overwhelmed with Grace who is refusing to nap or potty train. Sometimes I think she'll be *eighteen* before she gets it. :roll: geez I'm sicka diapers. At least its only part-time but still she refuses to use the toilet although I'm pretty sure she understands. Plus she whines a lot because she's tired, still pretty much refusing decent meals, and she's got rats the size of puppies in her hair. When she was so sick we couldn't bear to brush it because she would have cried so much on top of being sick. Now I'm afraid I'll have to shave her head!

And my tummy hurts too. :(

I'm sorry-you probably are sorry I showed up! I just have to vent, its piling up, you know?

On a more positive note, until everyone got sick last week I was doing really well and actually had lost 3.4 lbs. My eating was good-I even was making healthy choices daily!-and I exercised at least four days a week for 4 weeks running!

But last week blew it all to smithereens. I haven't gotten back on the wagon since, and I feel crappy so part of me just doesn't care. I am determined not to give up though-the exercise was really helping my mood so I think its a necessity for me. I need to do it in the morning because I usually still feel half decent at that point and the day flies by otherwise and I can't squeeze it in.

Kids are really driving me insane to. I seriously need a VACATION. A real one, where I get to leave the city, even the state or the country!! Wow that would be great.

Well now that I've rained all over the place I'll talk to ya later :wink: I really am glad to "see" you again! I'll try to be more cheerful in the future :P
Hilary
_______

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:36 am

Tiffani & Hilary
I hope you guys have a fantastic day today and that each day it gets easier.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:32 am

MerryKat, Thank you :)

Hil, did you get the knot out of Grace's hair? I hope it came out without you having to trim it out!
I do totally understand about the potty training, as you recall, we went through that recently and Noah is doing really good, still a couple accidents in a week but doing well nonetheless. It is frustrating!

I am TOTALLY bombing on noSing and exercise. Totally. Completely.
It was a 4 day weekend for dh so it was pretty much 4 s days in a row for me and today was ridiculous. I ate and ate and ate and well, I permasnacked all day and on awful foods that I know are both bad for my body AND my teeth, which brings us to a whole 'nother story!
Once we got back from Christmas vacation, I had a temporary crown put on one tooth, 2 weeks of painful hell and then gawdawful permanent crown pain (ohmagod!!!) and it's been since Thursday I had it put on and it still hurts. NOt to mention that since that side of my mouth hurts, I hardly chew with it and I hold my mouth funny so pretty much my whole jaw on the left hurts. AND I need 2 more crowns on my lower right and I AM TERRIFIED. This sucks. SOooo, stress-eating (and terrible things for my teeth ugh!) topped off with awful weather and ZERO motivation when it comes to doing any strength training or treadmill or yoga and here I am a mess. :oops: :shock:

ANYWAY... We are whiny girls, right? LOL :lol:

Ok, so tomorrow hopefully I can get BACK ON NO S, have a great N day and not eat any snacks or sweets (thankfully the no seconds rule has been pretty solid for me when it comes to meals anyway).

Hang in there. We need to get through this crappy winter stuck inside wiht kids all day!
Hugs to you and I hope you are having a great noS week :)

Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:24 pm

Merrykat, thank you so much-I needed that hug :P

Hi Tiffani! Yes we are whiney but we're still here, right? I know I've been pretty bad too..still overall not as bad as I USED to be, so that's *something* anyway! I'm sorry to hear about your teeth problems, UGH. Jack has so many too, and even worse even though we have insurance (dental too) we still have no $$ to fix them. :cry:

I did manage to exercise 3x last week (1hour on the bike each time), but I have let the Jillian workout go for two wks. It's gonna hurt when I get back into it, which I need to do today.

The weather here has been royally sucking-yesterday we had FOG from hell, and drippy misty crud all day-and it'll probably continue today. :roll: I don't mind the cold (such as it is, down here, lol), or even cloudy weather- it's a nice change- but the fog/mist is depressing!

I thought did pretty good on the No-s yesterday, I only sipped soda a few times, and no sweets otherwise at all I thought, anyway! Then I remembered I took the kids to DQ and got an ice cream cone with them :roll:

Sigh. Oh well-today's a new day, and it's still January of a New Year!! We can do this, I want to get to the end of this year and be PROUD of losing this weight, have a great new wardrobe and have energy each day to keep up and be cheerful with my kids, and health on top!

Okay, so we'll do better today, right? I've been up since 430am and I am seriously sleepy, but I gotta go get on my bike and get my cardio in.

Have a great day, Tiff! I hope you're feeling better.

Oh and we mostly got the knot out. Unfortunately its a recurring thing, and when we do get it out it never seems to last long!

I will check in later and let you know how I did today-will you too? Maybe we need to check in daily again to increase our motivation to do well-its no fun to come and admit defeat day after day, lol. I will try!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:23 pm

I'm here this morning :)

I nearly had a morning snack, although b'fast for me was a piece of toast and some cashew butter since we woke up late and I had to rush Noah to preschool and go to Evoli's baby class. But I won't starve till lunch time!

I don't know if I'll get exercise in today> i'm in such a slump and I love to be outside. Bleh. Anyway, at least I'll be on top of the food for today.

Talk later, got to go pick up Noah now :)

Tiff

And you can do it! We'll do it together- you know, my goal for this entire year is only 22lbs? that will put me under 200 (and hopefully the 2's are behind me forever!) So I think we can easily knock off 20 this year, you think?

Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:37 pm

Well yesterday was my first successful N day in a long time. I only had a little bit of hunger by bedtime and so I had some water and made it through ok. Just have to wait for my body to reset it's usual eating habits and I know the hunger gets better.

I did a strength workout yesterday too. 12 minutes but still that's better than none. I checked my weight this morning and it's up to 223.5, after having been down to 218.5, I'm a bit bummed but still I will only have to lose 24lbs this entire year to get to 199 (gawd that will be SO good!)

I hope you had a great day also.
For BFast I had 2 multigrain minimuffins with honey and a piece of whole wheat homemade bread with cashew butter. And working on a coffee with some creamer (fat free) now.

So far so good and Lunch is not all that far away!

Thinking about you and hope you are doing well and feeling well :)

Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:36 pm

Hi!

I have been doing ok- no completely successful N-days in awhile, though. I did exercise last night, however. I did one hour on my bike-675 calories burned! Woo-Hoo! I need to jump on it again today, and hopefully start my weight program back up. I don't know if I should jump in where I left off or just start over. I'm thinking of going back to the Body For Life program (just the exercise, not the diet) because that seemed to work better. But maybe I'm just not giving it my all, or I need to use heavier weights. You'd think lifting the seventy extra pounds on my BODY would count for something!!

I really need to get off the soda during the week- I never have much
(I tell myself anyway) but I shouldn't have ANY and I know it :( I also had about 4 vanilla wafers just a little bit ago. (oops!) And leftover homemade pizza for lunch, and blueberry pancakes my sone made for breakfast. How can you say no to a 13-yrold who makes you pancakes for breakfast?? Not gonna happen! LOL-he's very sweet !

I'm making BBQ Chicken and black bean tacos for supper. I usually do it in a skillet but today I decided to try it in the crockpot. I hope it tastes as good, because it's a whole lot easier in the crockpot!

Gotta go- kids are causing trouble! I'm glad we're checking in again!
Hilary
_______

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:59 pm

Oh and don't worry about the 5 lbs or so-it's probably a fluke!! I lost about 3.5 pounds since December, but I think the two week sick/and almost no exercise probably put it back on. I'm afraid to check.

I feel bloated today too so that's not helping. I would LOVE to lose 25 lbs this year. Even more, really, but I will not say no to 25 :D

Gotta work harder! I heard Jillian on Biggest loser say if it isn't hard then it's not helping you lose! LOL-that sucks but I am beginning to think she's right. My weight workouts aren't that hard-maybe I'm not concentrating enough or mixing it up enough. I so wish I could join a gym, I loved going to the gym-BC (before children!) that is. I didn't feel guilty about time away then, I was only for myself. Sigh. I was HOT back then, haha! I need to not feel guilty now because I know I'd be a much better mama if i felt better about myself and had more energy!

I'm jealous of the BL contestants losing so much so fast. On the other hand I wonder how many actually keep it off. I definitely don't want to be gaining any back, tyvm! Still, 25-30 lbs in THREE weeks?? eye,yai yai!!

I can only dream :D
Hilary
_______

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:40 am

Just wanted to check in and say I did my 1 hour bike ride (stationary cycle that is). I used a different program today and it was harder for sure!

I really like my bike, its a Schwinn stationary cycle with a computer-meaning it works like the life cycles at the gyms I used to go to. It has 6 customized programs to choose from or you can do it manually. I love it because I don't have to mess with the tension adjusting, it does it automatically. And its super quiet (silent except for a small noise when it changes tension levels) so I can watch TV without missing half of the program.

Any way its a great way to Work out :D but I do need to use my treadmill which is gathering dust since it bores me to tears :roll:

All this is a long way to say, I am glad I did my workout.
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:15 pm

Good to hear from you. Sounds good on the exercise. Wednesday I did 30 mins on the bike outside pulling the trailer w/kids in it then a 30 minute walk following Noah on his little bike.
No exercise yesterday or today yet. Weds, Thurs good N days.

Sorry so short Evoli is beinga major PITB and is all about throwing fits if she doesn't get her own way. So much for that nice sweet baby stage! :roll:
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:25 pm

Having a good S day. Had a snack of fresh baked bread and then went to the ice cream shop and got a flurry. Here I am again, though, can only eat less than half of a regular size because teh sweet is just tooooo much and I started to feel sick. Bleh.

Just goes to show you what even 3 days of good, clean eating will do for your body. Which is great since I've struggled with insulin resistance for years.

No exercise today as of yet but day's not over.

Hope you're doing well and thinking of you ! :)
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:40 am

Hey Tiffani!

I've been doing well on the exercise this week-I got in 5-one hour sessions on my stationary bike. I am going to start doing my Firm Videos again, too. They always really helped my strength, and I can really feel the difference when I do them. Of course its been quite awhile so I'll probably keel over the first few times :P

Glad to hear you're getting the eating under control. I really need to get back on the ball with that too. Now that I'm getting back in the groove of the exercise maybe I can concentrate harder on the good food too! I had junkie chinese food last night and today had some of the leftovers from it. Its really nasty for me and I feel guilty eating it, especially when I'm still so overweight! For treats today I had a teeny piece of apple pie my Mom made and..okay..a total of five (ACK) homemade chocolate chip cookies my son made :roll: *BUT* I didn't eat the last one because it was just toooo much, like you said, YUCK I couldn't take anymore!! :shock: who'dah thunk?? LOL!

SOme good news-I got on the scale today and I've maintained my whopping 3.4 lb loss. It's disappointing that I didn't lose anymore, but considering the crap I've been eating and the lack of exercise before this past week, I figure I should be happy. So here's to moving ithe scales in the right direction again, eh?

I hope Evoli's getting a little better at not throwing fits! Gracie still goes through it every now and then, but it's getting more rare at least. Hang in there!

Gotta go-talk later!! I'll be thinking of you too, we will BEAT this thing :lol:
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:59 am

Yeah to you on the exercise! That's great!
Yesterday I went for a run and found a trail in some acreage, it was beautiful, went all the way to a cliff which overlooked the beach. Niiice.

Eating's going ok. I'm finding since we need groceries BADLY, I am not eating well enough and so I end up hungry by bedtime. I did have a snack tonight but it was celery sticks, nuts and dried fruit. Yum. Nice crunch.

Scale said 221 this morning, so maintaining at least.

Sorry such a quick note, off to bed (can't believe how fast the days go by anymore! sheesh!)

Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:24 pm

Yes they go faster every day!!

My eating still hasn't been up to par but not as out of control as it used to be, still. I didn't exercise Sunday but I did my hour last night-course I waited till like 10:30 pm to do it :roll: but at least I got it done. I felt to guilty letting the day pass without doing it.

So far so good this morning, but then I haven't even had breakfast yet, lol.

Have a great day-that running path sounds *beautiful*! I'm totally jealous. Texas has its good points like every but natural beauty ain't one of em :roll: Well, in my opinion anyway!

talk to ya later!
hilary
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:54 am

Texas trees are more like shrubs here LOL. The trees and woods here are amazing and so beautiful- you should see them in the fall!

Eating today not good. Total stresscase. Jess is gone again for a few days and I always fret my way through them. Which typically means eating my way through all this extra time.

Seriously, it's like I have a Jessie deficiency. I'm low on Jessie! LOL Like he's oxygen or something.

I did squeeze in a walk yesterday and today but only 20 mins or so and not very hard, but still, I moved!

Tomorrow is going to be interesting, marathon shopping- got to hit one fav. grocery store for their produce (always nice and fresh), BJ's for some bulk items, Target for a mop and then the commissary for the rest of our groceries. Don't know if I"ll be able to get it all done in one day with the kids in tow but I'll try!

Talk soon. You are doing GREAT on the exercise :)

Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:43 am

:lol: on the "Jessie Deficiency" ROFLOL!

I am exactly the same, I *HATE* when Jack has to be gone-I'm such a wimp!! I am glad it doesn't happen often (whew!).

I know what you mean about our shrub trees-what a joke! That's what I thought when I first moved here-"those aren't trees, they're glorified BUSHES!:" LOL. But in all fairness, the east Texas Piney Woods (yep I think that's what they're called!) are *gorgeous*! I wish we could live out there-Tyler Texas is beautiful, but we haven't been out there for years.

I am so sore from my exercise-did the Firm twice so far this week and could barely walk today! Ouch, my butt and thighs are KILLING me! But it's all good, right? I do want to at least do my stationary cycle tonight, but no Firm today-I'm too sore :P

I hope you had a good day today-sounds like a rough one! I have a weekend like that coming up, and next Monday hafta go to the gyno...wahh!! man I hate that :(

Well I have to figure out something to eat for supper-talk later! Hang in there!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:28 pm

Blrrrrrgh! I hate the gyno. But not as much as the dentist!
One thing I want to share with my gyno when I go in (I think I'm due in May) is about menstrual cups!! I am SO strangely excited by them! They are wonderful. I gave away all my tampons to a friend because I will never need to use them again. I have a diva cup www.divacup.com and a mooncup (from the UK) www.mooncup.uk.co and although I like the mooncup better, the diva works ok too.
There's a little TMI for ya :) LOL

And now....

How to lose 7 pounds in only ONE DAY!

Yes, that's right. In only one day YOU TOO can lose 7 pounds the easy way by having BAD TUNA SALAD! That's right! Tasty tuna with relish, bell peppers, sunflower seeds and BAD MAYO wrapped up in a nice sun-dried tomato wrap is all you'll need to execute this master plan of EASY simple weight loss! Complete this special diet with "over the throne thrusts" and you'll have a great ab workout too!!!

LOL

I'm laughing now, but man, yesterday, I WAS NOT. And dang if I wasn't doing so good on eating up till lunch! Blrrrrgh!

So today I still feel a bit woozy and taking it easy. I have had soy milk and plain toast for b'fast and not even going to attempt coffee, since it's a digestive tract irritant. Don't need any more of THAT for now LOL

I felt so skinny this morning with my tummy all sunken in!

Today is going to be an S day but not with any snacks, sweets or seconds though, just trying to recover.

Hope you don't have bad mayo LOL

Talk soon
Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:55 am

Well I'm still here. Not doing very well Nosing or exercising for that matter. Lots of things going on, but hanging in there. I am still happy that the noS principle of no seconds has stuck with me!
Hope you are well, and keep on tryin' :)

Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:50 pm

UGH! Tiff!! That's terrible, bad MAYO?? bummer!! Well at least you got to feel really skinny that day-LOL! you poor thing!

I am still hangin on by a thread-exercising sporadically, no-s only in the sense that I never eat seconds..but seriously, I never did anyway (tummy too small, underneath all that fat :roll: ). Actually, for years, when I was depressed and single I would go out with this one friend (who is very overweight) and we would just eat and eat, all the while claiming to be full (and I was, but I'd eat anyway! stupid!!!). And basically, that's how I got where I am today :x I was an idiot.

So I need to just buckle down and do it. I want to see some serious progress by summer to motivate me. Gotta exercise daily no matter what, even if it's a small amount, squeezing in something will keep the habit going at least.

Sorry I haven't been on here much-I've been fighting depression off and so I haven't had much to say since I'm stinking at the Nos too.. but it'll get better, God willing the weather will start to get better and I can start gardening again soon! And maybe going on bike rides with the kids too.

Well I gotta go check on the schooling stuff and try to exercise-talk later! I miss ya, Tiffani-thanks for sticking with me so long!!

Oh and I've heard of those cups you're talking about!! Seems like I tried it years ago (or thought about it) but couldn't figure out how it'd actually work. And I HATE messes, iykwim, lol. So they work, huh? Interesting!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:21 pm

Ok, real quick, one of those hectic mornings.
Haven't had any clear N days but I'm not snacking like a monster. Just once in a while.
Still no seconds. And had the most delish S this sunday.

Exercising sporadic. The spring fever has hit us hard and it looks like it's going to be COLD for several more weeks. I don't think I like living this far north!!!

HOpe you are well,
Talk soon!
Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:58 pm

Still alive and still (pretending) to No-S...I am not sticking with it to well but I still want too :roll: DH says he's doing it, and hasn't cheated. Maybe! LOL.

Sorry its so cold where you are-its 75 here-s'posed to be NINETY tomorrow-in freekin MARCH!! That's just WRONG. We go from sweats in the morning to shorts and tanks in the afternoon back to sweats in the evening-its annoying, to say the least. But it could be worse-I just hate having to change clothes repeatedly in order to be comfortable, ya know? I mean being overweight makes getting dressed no fun to begin with and then having to do it 3x a day...anyhoo...

I haven't had really baaad days but no clear winners either... but i'm glad to hear from you!

will try to check-in more frequently!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:58 pm

I'm still here. Want to be here more often though, I've set the check in page as my home page, so I'll be forced to LOOK at it everytime I sit down here and check my mail, etc.

I posted on the main board about snacking getting me. I am totally doing it out of stress and I've gone from 218 to 223. That's 5 pounds. Plus I'm having an AS flare up (seems to be just about all better today) and so that stopped me all week from exercise.

I'm determined to lose weight, doggoneit! I KNOW how to eat well, I just won't. :roll: :oops: THis is so frustrating, isn't it.

Tomorrow starts a new N day, and I will succeed.

1. I don't need to snack!! Waiting an hour or two for the next meal will NOT kill me!

2. Eating because I'm lonely, bored, or frustrated is not going to make me feel less lonely bored or frustrated. Once I swallow that last bite, I'll still have the issue. I will need to find something else to occupy myself with.

3. I know how to eat healthy. I know what portions are supposed to be and what foods are good for me. I can do this.

We can do this!
Let's try to check in daily!!

Talk soon
Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:29 pm

AAAAAGH I just posted a LONG reply and my stupid computer ATE it AAARGH
My kid's talking to me and I can't remember it :( I can't believe its gone, wahh...

Long and short of it, I'm here for ya-still struggling too-but if Reinhard (and others!) can do this, WE CAN TOO!! We just have to make up our minds and STICK TO IT!

Like camburger said in her intro post, "I'm tired of pushing this boulder uphill" . LOL-or something like that-Amen! Me too. So let's do this!!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:27 pm

Ack! Finally!! I've been having trouble logging in all day yesterday.

So yesterday was my son's 4th birthday and I ended up eating Cake. 2 pieces. 2 BIG pieces. BUT it was an N day. ANd that was some dang good cake!

Otherwise, I didn't snack, kept to my meals and did go on a 40 minute walk.

How are you doing?

Today's b'fast so far is a hard boiled egg, a bagel with cashew butter and a soy milk. Coffee is pending.......

Talk soon!

We can do it, Hilary!!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:46 am

THe rest of the day went pretty well. I took my kids to "the jumpyard" one of those indoor moonbounce places and didn't realize I was SNACKING until the 3rd bit of popcorn! Eek. At least it was fairly benign in that it was popcorn.

There was also one piece of b'day cake left that was just caaaalllling to me. I had to remind myself that I was not depriving myself, that I could have some tasty treat on Saturday. So I fed the piece of cake to my son, who hardly ate any. I kept walking by it but eventually threw it away! Phew!

Tonight I have my jug of water carting around with me. I've got a headache but then the kids were absolutely CRABBY today and little monsters, so that could be it!

Hope you had a great day and don't worry, I'm trying to log on to the website and only able to get on once in a while for whatever reason!

Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:45 am

Well I did great on N day today.
B'fast was 2 hard boiled eggs, bowl of peaches and cream oatmeal, 1 medium apple (organic- tastes so much better than regular ones!)

Lunch was stir-fried portabello mushroom, snow peas, brocolli, carrots, yellow squash with evoo and balsamic vinegar. Salt/pepper and parmisian cheese.

Dinner was out- shredded pork sandwich with fries and a water at a bbq place, where we rode our bikes and pulled the kids in the trailers (we have 2 now, yay!) to the restaurant and back home. About 6 miles.

In all a good day, although I think I might be fighting off some blues lately. Jess is gone a lot, my good (and only) friend is moving to washington state and although I've been looking for friends for myself and the kids, haven't had much luck.
Feeling sorry for myself I guess. Jess walked in on me naked getting into the shower and I broke down sobbing that I didn't want him to see me naked and how awful a mommy I am, etc... Ugh. I hate the mood swings! I'm starting to wonder if I'm going through that perimenopause thing!! :twisted: seriously!

Ok, but I feel much better after the bike ride and proud of myself for sticking to the N day!

Talk soon!
Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:57 pm

Morning!
Toidays bfast is strawberry and cream oatmeal, piece of bread with cashew butter, and an apple. Soy milk to come yet.

I've been using an eraser board to post up that its an N day. Then I write Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. I erase each meal once I'm done eating. So far so good.

Talk later!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:09 pm

Hi Tiffani!

Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days-Jack's been sick and I've been feeling crappy for months-depressed-and been feeling less than good physically too. I've been (for weeks) having almost constant pain in my left heel (from being 65 lbs overweight, perhaps?!) and various aches and pains elsewhere. Plus now I have a sore throat.

And I know what you mean about the mood swings-I have them too. Mostly down swings lately. I hate Jack to see me in my b-day suit too :( but he keeps telling me I'm beautiful (and actually seems sincere!). He's crazy for sure. I still don't have any friends-I am sorry to hear your friend is being transferred-that stinks! I remember those days (I'm an AF brat). Jack and I have moved TEN times in the past 13 years and that's without being in the military-ugh. Some haven't been far-but still, it's up-rooting all the same.

Anyway. Been doing okay on the No-S; better than before at least. Today I've had a little Coke and two fortune cookies (I'm so bad, I look at all the healthy stuff you're eating and feel like a total slacker). I'm sick though, this isn't a typical b-fast. Haven't gotten to lunch yet. Yesterday I succeeded for the most part-I did have a bout 1/4 cup m&m's :roll: early in the day though, but otherwise no snacks, no seconds, no sweets. Made home-made potato/carrot stoup (stealing that from Rachel ray :P ) with cheese quesadillas-yum! And chinese food for supper.

Haven't been doing much exercise though, and I am sure that's part of what has me so down. That and being couped up with the kids 24/7 with no social life at all. UGH. I really need to get out of this funk!! I am usually not like this-and its freaking me out a bit! I've been feeling like this for months, and I so want it to STOP, ykwim? I know losing the weight and getting healthy would make all the difference, so I don't want to give up this time and slack like last year.

I am so glad you're still with me on this, Tiffani! {{{hugs}}} We CAN do this

:D
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:44 pm

:cry: Depression sucks. Yesterday was a really hard day. I wound up making a safe play area for the kids, turning on the tv for them and laying in bed in the fetal position.
It's so hard being with kids All. The. Time. And you're trying to teach four and keep your sanity- you have my admiration! I wish we were closer, at least we could have a grown up friend to hang out with!

Sounds like you're doing ok with the S's. Try to get out for a walk once a day if you can, it really helps me with getting out of depression, if only for a little bit.

Just a quick note, got to see what Ev's gotten into.

Lunch was soup and sandwich and rice milk.

Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:59 pm

Well, got my book yesterday afternoon and finished it this morning and I'm really pleased with how it turned out !! Great job Reinhard!

I especially liked the part about making things sustainable. Like the eating habits are very sane and sustainable (here we are at Friday and tomorrow is an S day and I made it!) and also the exercise.

I was trying to throw myself back into running and got all these ideas about running a 5K. Well my body has other thoughts about that and given the disease I have where my immune system attacks my joints (ankylosing spondylitis) I decided tonight on a walk that walking and riding bike suits me just fine. Every time I attempt a jog I end up in pain for a week or more.

So eating went well today. SUCCESS

Supper probably was a bit overload but I was hooongry.

And after reading the book hunger is just another feeling. It's unpleasant, yes, but not as unpleasant as a bad headache. I had a few moments in the afternoons this week where I thought my stress levels would make me want to eat but I made it!

Right before supper, which was late, I nearly dove into some cheese for a pre-dinner snack (mindlessly!) and caught myself when I saw my NOS book on teh counter.

I'm reinspired again to hang tight.

Bravo!!! :) Great book!!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:43 am

Hiya Tiff!

I got the book, too-on Wednesday! Haven't managed to finish it yet, but I'm about halfway through, and I am lovin' it-I am so glad I got it 8) To support (and thank) Reinhard, of course, and because I just knew it would be a great book. And I was right :mrgreen:

Took an S day today because we took the kids fishing (no catches, tho :( ) at the local park-Jack actually went with us (shock!). He's not what you'd call an outdoors type, lol, so it was great. The kids had fun.

Gotta go get 'em all in bed now. I am ready for them to be ASLEEP. haha! or at least IN BED :P

I am sorry you had a hard day yesterday... I know about those "safe play" times-I do that too sometimes.

You really have come so far, Tiffani..you've managed to take off, what , over TWENTY lbs, and more importantly (for the most part) KEEP IT OFF??!! cheer up, sweetie, you are doing FANTASTIC. You are an inspiration to me, and I am ever so proud of you.

And just think how gorgeous we will be at this time next year :lol: 8)
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:01 am

You are just the best, Hilary :)
The fishing sounded like a lot of fun, I am looking foward to getting out more once the weather warms up.

THe book is awesome, isn't it?! I couldn't put it down. I read all but the last chapter last night and the rest this morning. I"m so newly inspired, and you know, Reinhard said the things that need to be said to sortof slap people in the face and say wake the heck up! It's not carbs or fat that are making you overweight, WE are making ourselves overweight.

I seem to remember growing up hearing from my grandma that I would spoil my appetite if I ate between meals. that sweets were treats to be enjoyed once in a while.
Whatever happened to that? I've not heard anyone say such a thing for years!

Anyway, I'm totally excited that more people will wake up from teh food/diet coma that I experience (and it creeps in once in a while, as you well know) but always can overcome.

Had another successful day today. My tummy is at that happy feeling. Not too full and not hungry. Just there.

Thanks for being so proud of me. 22lbs is quite a lot, if you really stop and look at it. But the thing is I hardly feel like I had to work really hard. It was sticking to N days as best I could and throwing in some exercise once in a while.

I thought about that- how much will we be down this time next year? Will I finally be under 200?? Phew!

How have you done in the weight department?

Time for grownups here to go to bed, talk tomorrow!!!!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:59 pm

Like my avatar? I simpsonized myself a while ago and thought it would make a great av for here :)

That's what I'll look like more or less in the simpson world LOL

Having a good S day. Had a bfast of scrambled eggs and CB&J bagel. (cashew butter and jelly)

Must go, grumpy toddler!!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:32 am

Well, it's the end of an S day.
And I feel disgusting.
I actually stuck to my 3 meals. I did go out to a Bob Evan's Restaurant and felt disgusting shortly after eating a turkey roast sandwich wiht mashed potatoes and stuffing (way too much sage in it, if you ask me).

ANd for my S I had easter cake and ice cream (ben and jerry's half-baked!!) ANd I feel gross. LOL go figure.

Hope you had a great S day,
Talk tomorrow.

Checking in and being accountable has helped a lot for me this week!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:29 pm

Happy Easter and S day.

Feeling better after yesterday's restaurant trip. Man, was I ever painful and bloaty! Bleh!

I read today in Women's Health mag an article about stomach's (kindof lighthearded) but it said to feed your stomach often with snacks! UGH!
NOT!
I feel compelled to write a letter to them. I'm terrible putting my thoughts together but it might be worth it.

Talk soon.
Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:03 pm

Hey, Tiff!

Had an alright weekend-how are you doing? Sounds like you are doing well (yah!).

I've still been fighting allergies-so nothing tastes all that great. Of course that didn't stop me from having some s's anyhow. But they just weren't as good as usual. Oh well.

Glad you're feeling better! And I know what you mean! I am so sick of hearing how "good" it is to SNACK. HA! that's what got me where I am today :roll: That and horrible "low-fat" dieting-that RUINED me. I totally scarfed BOXES of lowfat Snackwells (nasty stuff, too, thank you very much!) and GAINED weight. Ugh. Glad those days are gone! Now if only the weight would be gone too.

Anyway: I meant to say, you are very good at putting your thoughts on paper, and I think you should write them-they need to hear the truth 8)

I went for a 40 minute walk around the neighborhood yesterday. It was nice-not too hot for a change. I saw a mama chocolate lab with four CUTE little black puppies (so sweet!) and she wanted me to give her some pets, lol. So of course I obliged. And I walked by the emu/mini horse farm and an emu walked with me on his//her (??) side of the fence-VERY ugly creature, lol. :shock: And some lady in a truck stopped to see if I needed help because I'd been walking so long :!: See what this country's coming too?! Going for a walk is so odd, they think you obviously are in trouble if you're out for a WALK. Pathetic!!

I was going to go again today, but it's raining a bit and much chillier today.

Well I hafta go figure out supper-I am glad we're checking in again too!! It will make me much more likely not to stray :P God willing!

See ya tomorrow!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:23 pm

!! I can't believe she stopped and asked if you were ok?! LOL It is odd nowadays for people to just go for a walk I guess!

I didn't walk or anything this weekend. Saturday we pretty much spent 10am to 5pm running around town getting caught up on errands, forgetting our list and remember things and backtracking- probalby could have been done in half the time if we had been more organized!

Yesterday afternoon I ended up snacking, grazing and grazing. Had some (not all that tasty) chocolate cake. I was M I S E R A B L E all evening and all night last night!! Gassy and that painful bloating in your lower abdomen! UGH. I used to feel like that all the time.

Feeling somewhat better this morning. For B'Fast I had a big bowl of bob's red mill meusli mix with rice milk, a soy milk to drink and half an apple. So I'm loaded up with FIBER.

Things I must remember on this moNday. :)
Hunger is just a feeling. Not an emergency that must be dealt with or continually avoided. Ignore. It's significantly less uncomfortable than say, a headache!
Eat at meals, if it's not a meal time, it's simply not time to eat.

Hoping maybe to get out for a walk today if I can get the kids to cooperate!

Have a great N day and I'll check in again soon.
Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:31 pm

Bfast half apple, meusli, rice milk and soy milk

Lunch: Noodle cassarole with salad and a roll, soy milk

Feeling hungryish and I can't decide if it's justhunger or heartburn.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:30 pm

Hi Tiffani!

Well I had an egg sandwich for b-fast, turkey/ham/cheese for lunch with chips and guacamole-supper is completely eluding me as far as ideas..why do i hate to cook??

went for a walk with the kids today-it was fun and I showed them the puppies I saw the other day. The puppies liked the kids so much they tried to follow us home...3 times! I finally had to knock on the door so someone could babysit them while we made our "escape", lol. Turns out they have SEVEN of the little guys!

Well so far I've been a very good girl..not perfect but no "solids" cheating-couple sips of soda though.

I better go, my girl is crying! talk later!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:05 pm

Sounds like a fun day. I looove puppies.

Supper was porkchops/potatoes/carrots/onions in teh crock pot smothered in cream of mushroom soup. Goood. I also had a salad (romaine, sunflower seeds, feta cheese, oil, vinegar, pepper). I'm on a salad kick lately.

I have had a hungry day but I think it's just Monday, coming off 2 S days, it's a little hard. I might have some tea tonight to settle me down or a glass of soy milk.

So successful, thankfully.

I must remember hunger is just a feeling, not an emergency!!

Talk tomorrow, bathtime for the kids here :)
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:44 am

Yah!! Good day for us both-I was very good-no snacks, had salad and steak for supper (your supper sounds like it was really good, too!) and although I will admit to a bit of DrP, other than that I was a very good girl 8)

I have been reading my No-S book and that is inspiring me to really buckle down and do well tomorrow...so maybe I will try to learn to like tea-it still has some sugar (i try not to add much) but its GOTTA be better than soda!

see ya later! need to have some hubby time :P
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:13 pm

Morning. I am so happy we both had great N days.
Today for b'fast was a banana, 2 hard boiled eggs, and a cb&j bagel with a soy milk. Yum.

I'm trying really hard to include a fruit wiht b'fast and veggies with lunch/dinner. I find if I don't, I get too hungry too quickly.

Although I'll admit my salads are in a seperate bowl- a medium sized bowl at that. But I keep the oil and vinegar to a minimum, add a spoonfull of sunflower seeds and some cheese too usually. So there's no added sugar there.

Spring break is over finally for Noah's preschool, and he's very excited to be going back, as am I !! He seems so bored when there's no school, I had better come up with a bunch of things to do this summer, especially since his little friend (and my good friend) move away tomorrow :( Bleh.

I've told the moms at his school that I'd like to get all their numbers or emails and organize a park meet or something once a week.

Ok, got to get every one ready for school!

Talk soon
Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:31 pm

G'morning! Just got the kids through their math (just like being in school again myself-only the program we're using is introducing fractions/basic algebra and stuff much sooner than I ever did it-but that's okay, lol). Now they're watching a program they wanted to watch as a reward for finishing at a reasonable hour for a change! Then we have reading and writing, and possibly the library.

I had home-made oatmeal with blueberries and pecans and raisins this morning. Yum!

I agree, I am trying to get those veggies and fruits (and some nuts!) in early, so I can try to eat better nutritionally. I think that may have been part of my problem-not eating healthy foods- (having not lost much weight, that is); but then again, I haven't been following even the basic No-S rules for snacking and sweets either, though, so who am I kidding?! But that's changing, even as we speak! Anyway, I want to feel better and I am hoping upping (ok I know that's probably not a word!) the nutrition will help! It can't hurt, anyway :wink:

Well I am off to check on the kids-I am sorry you have to say goodbye to your friend!! I always hated that about the military life :( But if there are other military wives around then they're no doubt n the same boat and will be happy to meet for play dates. I hope that works out for ya, I would definitely come if I were close :P
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:46 pm

Ugh, I hated math, especially fractions and algebra. My brain just doesn't get it LOL.

Meals going well today. I'm stressing out a bunch, overtired because I haven'ts lept well in 2 weeks or so with these kids. Just one thing after another, as yo uwell know!

Anyway, lunch was leftover pasta cassarole with morning star farms (vegetarian) "chicken" patty. Pretty tasty, wish I had had more sauce though. And adinner roll.

Going to try to fend off these kids. They can't leave me alone for half a second... bllllearrrg!! :roll:
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:37 am

Ugh. It's a morning, that's for sure, but not necessarily a good one.
Yesterday was a successful N day, and I'm sure glad that I've learned what I've learned or I would have turned to food.

DH and I had the worst argument we've ever had. OUr rule used to be "never go to bed angry" and it worked well for 12 years. This is the first time I've gone to bed angry and woke up angry.

I wanted to hit the drive thrus and the donut shops but I knew that it wasn't going to make the situation any better and once the taste was gone, there I would be still in emotional turmoil. I didn't actually eat dinner until 10pm, which was bread with cashew butter.

Sorry to unload. I'm boiling inside and at the same time I feel completely defeated.

Anyway, glad I've learned to be strong through difficult emotions!
Hoping you are having a much better N day than I am! Phew!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:32 am

Another successful N day.

Gawd, so glad I am learning to cope with my emotions or these last 2 days would have been gastric disaster for sure! Sheesh.

Time to take a deep breath and just breathe for a minute.

Today's meals were pretty ratty, but still, one plate.
B: cashew butter bagel with 2 hb eggs, a banana, yogurt.
L: chik fil a
D: burger deluxe and fries from five guys.

That last one makes me crave veggies and I feel like a cow now LOL.

HOw are you doing?
Keep up the posting, girl, you can do it!! (((hugs)))
Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:41 am

Hiya Sweetie!

I'm sorry you had such a blow-out fight with your DH-I hope everything's getting mended now-or better at least {{hugs}}! ANd you should be VERY proud, not going for the donuts!! YAH! Victory!

Yes I've been hanging in there-I actually FORGOT lunch today :shock:

Needless to say, by 4:30 I realized what I had done when I was FAMISHED. I did have some fritos w/ refried beans for a dip-but they easily would have fit on my supper plate, so no worries. Otherwise I might've had to eat the TABLE :P

Had home-made carrot/pecan muffins and half a potato/egg taco for b-f; lunch slipped by me, and supper was home-made sloppy joes and sweet potatoes. I need to make those ( i mean the sweet potatoes) more often-my kids LOVE them.

You are doing so great keeping up with the posting-I want to post more than once a day, but I get so wrapped up in stuff-like the math, lol!

Funny, I hated basic math, and absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED algebra-for some reason it (and geometry) made *perfect* sense! Weird, huh?

I still have been sipping the soda a bit :oops: *BUT* I don't drink any other calorie drinks, and absolutely no sweets (other than the, uhh,.. soda...), no seconds and not a nibble of snacks. So I will be happy with this. I so want to get the exercise going again too-if nothing else it improves my mood!

Well gotta go hang with the hubby (even tho he mostly plays on his laptop-at least we can sit together!

I hope you're doing well! I'm thinking of you! I think I need to start marking my calendar again, with appropriately colored markers or stickers -that was fun and motivating! (I'm so easy, lol!)

talk later!
Hilary
_______

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:42 am

I like your avatar-i've been meaning to tell ya! I want one but I am clueless how to do it..will have to get DH to help!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:03 pm

Thanks. Everything mended last night. I stewed and steamed all day, but we were civil to each other (our fights are never really a big deal, we both get quiet) until the kids went to bed. Then talked it out in a relatively short period of time. It boils down to we are so wrapped up in these kids with no support system (no grandma to drop them off with) that we have had little time together and there have been a bunch of misunderstandings, etc.

I think my av I made at simpsonizeme.com or something like that. LOL was pretty fun to play with.

Sounds like you did well with meals, that's great. One thing at a time, though, take your time with Dr.P and perhaps eventually you'll drop it for only S days.
I used to LOVE Dr.P. Drank it all day long in highschool. And then got hookedon cream soda. But then once I got pregnant, I stopped consuming sodas and have never regained a taste for them.

I've been marking my calendar days off with red, green or yellow X's. Usually I X out the day anyway with just pen, so I know what day we're on, but boy, that really helps seeing all the nice green X's. Although half of March is red X's the first 2 weeks LOL. I hope the kids don't miss their red, yellow and green markers though!

B'fast was: 2 pc toast/margerine, 1 hb egg, banana, choc. soy milk. Prior to the toast I had made up a nice bowl of meusli with rice milk, but then when I went to pour my choc. silk, I accidentally dumped it on the meusli- bleh! tasted awful!

Exercise makes me feel better too, even if I just walk our "short loop" which is about 15 minutes.

OK, got to get Noah dressed for preschool.
Have a great day!!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:37 pm

So glad to hear all's well :D

Bummer on the breakfast mishap-I do stuff like that too sometimes! I had oatmeal w/ blueberries and almonds today for b-fast, lunch was a bean and cheese taco and some fritos/chips with guacamole (VEEEERRRY little, there was hardly any left-Gracie (who won't normally try anything new, tried it and lo and behold she *loves* it! LOL-figures :P ). And some Dr.P was involved, but again, very little.

Went for a walk with the kids and my Mom today-the boys rode their bikes and had a ball flying down the hills while Mama (aka me) prayed they wouldn't mangle themselves! hehe-I remember doing it when I was a kid and how fantastic it was, now I just think how they could break their necks :roll: ah well, the joys of motherhood. It was hard work dragging Gracie up those TX hills in a wagon, let me tell ya! Good exercise though!

Tomorrow I'll be going to lunch with some knitting friends of mine, I can't wait! Wow! WOMEN company!! Yee Haw!! LOL! I am so looking forward to this!

Today I'm trying to finish up some shorts I'm making for the little boys, out of the softest butter colored cotton denim, It feels so yummy, I hope they like them :P

Still trying to figure out what's for supper tonight. I think that's the worst part of cooking-actually figuring out what to have, and then making sure everything's thawed and available (that's the REALLY hard part!). Sigh. I'm so bad at that!

So I guess I better go get it in gear-talk later!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:33 am

Another green X on the calendar :)
We are doing MUCH better checking in regularly, don't you think? It's so good to get that reinforcement from each other. :)

Supper was a "bake." In a baking pan, I will cut up various potatoes, squash, veggies, meat or poultry and either something like a cream of mushroom or chicken broth, etc an dthen bake for an hour. Usually turns out pretty good.

I am SO looking forward to the weekend. One of our S days we'll be having chocolate fondue :lol: I can hardly contain my enthusiasm!

One more N day. Think I want to have granola or something or maybe an egg/potato burrito, haven't had one of those in ages.

Talk soon!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:25 pm

This morning had a nice country b'fast. Fried potatoes, wheat toast, eggs, and one soysage. (Ev stole my other one!). Choc. silk.

Good stuff. This should hold me well until noon!

Have a great day! Gotta run some errands now :)
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:38 pm

"One of our S days we'll be having chocolate fondue :lol: I can hardly contain my enthusiasm! "

ROFLOL!! he he-I'm the same way about chocolate! In fact, last night, Jack went to bed super early because he didn't feel well~ since I was really lonely, I thought seriously of consoling myself with a hot chocolate.. but you will be so proud! I resisted and had water instead 8) and watched Corner Gas repeats (Canadian comedy show, I love it!).

I can't wait for this lunch meet-up today-so I will take a mini-s day. Fridays are really hard for me, since Jack works a four-day week. He's off on Fridays, so they feel like they should be Saturdays. But I know I can't take three S-days a week and still lose weight. Sigh. It's hard to know how to handle it. By Friday night it gets almost impossible to resist! I thought about relegating Sundays to N-days, which would conceivably work, but there's the temptation (since its officially sanctioned) to sneak in esses that day anyway. Ugh!

Any thoughts?

These are the ramblings of early-morning Mama...lol...Anyway, yesterday, success!! For us both-hooray!! Lets keep it up!

Noah is hanging over me wanting me to get paint thinner RIGHT NOW so he can paint little mini models like his big brothers :roll: he's patient like me :P I'm so bad..I hate to wait for anything~ Jack on the other hand, has the patience of Job...it's really annoying!! :lol:

Okay enough rambling-gotta go get breakfast started and hopefully get in some exercise! Talk later-have a great day! BF burritos sound gooood 8)

(hey, you must of posted while I was posting! I'm much slower though! hehe)
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:14 pm

Hmm. I seem to remember someone posting a while ago about his S days starting friday night and ending sunday afternoon, would that work?

We did post really close to the same time! Great that we're starting the day out by being accountable! ;)

Had a great N day, dinner was tortellini bolognes. Very tasty! Lunch was a hoagie with doritos. (I LOVE LOVE that I had ZERO guilt having a bag of doritos (the snack size))

Well, kids are winding up when they're supposed to be winding down for the night, so I better get on with bedtime :)

Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:04 pm

Good mornin'!

It's finally an S-day! Yah! I ended up not taking an S with lunch out with the knitting pals yesterday. It was fun, I had a good time. I ate about 2/3rds of a small hamburger and an order of fries(which I also didn't finish) and had iced tea to drink. No dessert and no appetizers! I did have a bag of M&M's though-half on the way home from grocery shopping and half after supper watching TV with Jack. And I had pizza for supper and about 1/3rd of a DrP while eating..then water the rest of the night. So not bad, not eating all day like I had been when taking s-days. I did good for once.

I am glad its an Sday though :D Thinking about getting donuts for breakfast-so bad and so yummy :P I'm glad you didn't feel guilty about the Doritos yesterday-that is a lovely side benefit to NoS isn't it?

Have a good one!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:47 am

Another good S day. I also ate sensibly, but for lunch was noah's friend's b'day party. They had Papa Johns pizza, and I remembered that we stopped eating their pizza for some reason, but had 3 pieces (las one was small) and a salad. And a piece of cake.
I remembered about 30 minutes after I ate it- dizzy, headaches, muscle pain, stomach ache- MSG is in it and I'm affected by it :( But anyway, recovered eventually, had a nice chicken stir fry/rice for supper and a little bowl of Ben and JErry's Half-Baked ice cream. So 2 S's but that's ok. No desire to snack at all (as I seem to find it *really* upsets my tummy now to have food in there all the time!).

I'm noticing the acanthosis nigricans (told you about it- an excess of insulin in my blood due to insulin resistance which spills over into the skin of joint/skinfold areas. I have the back of my neck, elbows, knees and one foot affected.) on my skin is now nice a pink instead of GREY!! Which I'm totally excited about. I do believe I noticed this last time I did a nice long stretch of NoSing. I need to keep it up!

Weight now is 217.5. For the last couple of weeks it's been hovering around in a 5 pound range right around there. One of these days it's going to say 199 and I'm going to Fah-REAK out LOL. :lol: Goodbye 2's forever!

As long as I post and keep doing my red/yellow/green X's for life, I think I may have this weight issue (now, really I think it's largely psycological!) nipped in the bud!

I'm motivated and I'm so happy we have each other to bounce this off of!

Of course I'm sure I"ll slip up or have bad emotional days now and again, but you know, that arguement with dh where I've never been so mad/sad before, I'm actually kindof GLAD it happened, because, in that time of complete emotional turmoil, I would have turned to food. And I really thought about it. But then I realized that it wouldn't change the situation to stuff my body full of crap.

Eeek, getting long winded. I should go watch a movie with dh or fold laundry or something!

Have another great N day and THANK YOU so much for being my S buddy!!

Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:43 am

I'm totally about to bust into some chocolate fondue with strawberries, banana, poundcake and marshmallows and I'm totally NOT GUILTY about it!! LOL

See ya tomorrow N day!

Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:23 am

Just finished my fondue. That was INSANE LOL Do we have a drooling smiley? :lol:

But :shock: was that good!

Ahem! Back on track in the morning!

Hope you had a great day today, Hilary!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:19 am

LOL-sounds like you had a GREAT weekend!!! I'm very excited for you, that you're feeling better-that's great news about the pink skin :P That makes me think of Star Trek Enterprise with Captain Archer and the weird blue aliens with the "antenna" on their heads-they call humans the "pink skins" -LOL!

Yes we are trekkies...Well the boys more than me 8)

Today went pretty well-had a Dr P tho :cry: and I did drink most of it, but over the day..very bad. But I also forgot to eat breakfast, so I guess calorie-wise it works out (pathetic excuse, but there it is.). No snacking and no seconds tho!Yah!

Any way, my S's weren't over the top either-nothing special though, next weekend I want to make cake or something. Maybe-we'll see!

Gotta go! I am very glad you are MY nos buddy too! :mrgreen:
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:28 pm

LOL on the trekkies!

Justa quick note here too. You know, the fondue was excellent, BUT the caffeine in teh chocolate kept my heart racing and I was up ALL night!! I need to plan the fondue better, in the afternoon so I'm not up all night LOL.

Yesterday and today N's are going fine. Nice to see a new calendar, hopefully there will be MUCH less Red X's on it!

Washed car, fixed a booboo and off to fold laundry!
Talk soon!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:48 am

G'mornin'!

Jack took the day off yesterday-so it was a weird N-Day...not a total bomb, no snacks, no solid food sweets :roll: but yes, I opened a soda before supper.. :x I only had half, and I did it because I was seriously craving CHOCOLATE and it was at least not solid, and I was really having trouble not indulging my craving for something really gooey and chocolatey. But I did resist that at least, so I am happy in that respect. The 2 NoS rules (no snacks and no seconds) are going great, but that stupid soda is *always* harder. Sigh. I WILL NOT GIVE UP!! WE CAN DO THIS! LOL.

Anyway, glad to hear your day went well. That's too bad about the late night caffeine jitters from the fondue, though!! Bummer-don't think I've ever gotten jitters from chocolate, but it could be I just don't remember.

Today is the first day in I don't know how long that I was able to walk barefoot without severe pain in my left heel! I am walking very gingerly however, because after having the pain for so long I am very aware of my foot and afraid I guess of it returning. Like its only a reprieve, not really gone, you know? I can still feel the soreness, but I *was* able to walk much more easily. Thank God! I hope it continues, and isn't a fluke :roll:

anyway, I'm writing this at 5:45 am, so I am actually gonna lay down and see if I can sleep some more-we get up VERY early (4:30) to get Jack to work, and for once Gracie is still ASLEEP-hooray!! :D

Talk later today!

ETA: I just remembered, I had half a McD's baked apple pie with lunch-ARGGH! well at least I didn't eat the whole thing :roll: but still...
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:38 am

Hang in there, you can do it!

The heel pain sounds awful My left heel has been bothering me also, but I think that my shoes are causing me to pronate, which is making the tendons hurt. I'm in the process of shoe shopping for something different.

Been having computer issues again, so don't think I'm abandoning you! It's very frustrating, but Jess worked on it tonight and it seems to be doing fine now.

Did ride bikes (pull trailer) all over the neighborhood up and down hills about 40 minutes and then walked the dogs about 15 minutes.

Eatings going great. I'm just sticking to my guns, thankfully. I've been hungry today, annoyingly so, I do think it has a lot to do with stress, so I did gum today and lots of water, which helped.

SOrry so short, I"ll check in tomorrow

Hang in there, Hilary, you can do it!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18