iu's check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

iu

iu's check in

Post by iu » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:33 pm

:D I have been on the NoS Diet for 6 days of wonderfulness!!! I have had no problems, I feel like I have been released from a self impossed prison of low carb foods. Now I make a fried egg sandwich with bacon and cheese and eat half of it, orange juice and a banana and coffee. After that I can sure wait till lunch without a snack. I enjoyed every morsel of food (I love to cook everything from scratch) and now I can enjoy an array of foods without guilt. My weight has gone down one pound, even with eating bread. Thank God for this plan.
"There is no beautifier of complexion, or form, or behavior like the wish to scatter joy and not pain around us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:20 pm

YAH!! Good for you!! that breakfast sounds delish, by the way! I love that this plan allows so much freedom, too-and no guilt for eating carbs!! :lol:

I wish you continued success!

Hilary

USAFwife

Post by USAFwife » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:31 pm

Thats great! It is a wonderful plan, isnt it? I find the key to my success every day is a big breakfast....and than after that the rest of the day is a breeze! Good luck to you on your journey!

Janine