Sassafras

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

sassafras

Sassafras

Post by sassafras » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:23 pm

Today is my first day and I will update accordingly. My goal is to get 21 days of habit down and I will post here daily about my progress.

I do not own a scale (I just moved and tossed it in the packing process), however, my employee health screening last week included weighing and I weighed 240 in the middle of the day with all of my clothes on. *grin* My goal is to get down to and then maintain 180 approximately.

I love food, real food, and I eschew anything even resembles diet food, so this plan is extremely appealing. Also, it does not seem like any diet I've ever seen before, and again, very appealing.
The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook. - Julia Child

sassafras

Post by sassafras » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:00 am

Sunday ::: Success

No seconds
A few sweets
1 snack
The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook. - Julia Child

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:03 am

Welcome. Take it slow and easy and enjoy the process. This is a great place to be. Cute name, Sassafras.
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."