Doulachic's musings

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

doulachic

Doulachic's musings

Post by doulachic » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:24 am

hey all.

Well, yesterday was my first day back and it was a Success! Today, however was a failure (as hubby and i went out to dinner tonight and i had a snack this morning, so i kinda blew it).
so i guess it is a tie so far. :wink:

Tomorrow should be a normal day around here, so hopefully it will be a success.
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:18 pm

Well, the week has been more failure than success, but at least i have had some successes. mostly my successes lie with no seconds at meals, but still fighting the sugar cravings and losing most times.

my conclusion is that i am not going to run screaming "I'm a Failure!" anymore. but rather recognize that this will take time, but can work if i just keep trying and don't abandon the idea all together.

another thing i am trying to work on is body image. i don't have to be a size 2 to be a worthy person! mostly at this point i am trying not to think of how much weight i want to lose, etc...but rather just focusing on trying to eat a little better so that i can be healthier and feel better.

anyway, that is my musing for the day. :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:27 am

Good musings Tricia!
Your worth cannot be measured as a size..
It's you inside who counts. Just keep thinking about the way you can best support a positive self "inner" image and the outside will reflect that :)
Love,
Debs xox
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness