Storm is Back on the Wagon!

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

storm fox

Storm is Back on the Wagon!

Post by storm fox » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:45 pm

Need to build and reinforce good habits.
Start weight: 188 Pounds
Waist at navel: 35.5 Inches
Bad Eating Habits: Grazing, Sweets, wanting "my money's worth" at the buffet, occasional dietary micromanagement.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:45 am

Hi Storm!
Good to see you here :)
Hope you are dong great!
Save the buffets for S days ;)
Peace and Love,
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness