2poodles daily check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

2poodles

2poodles daily check-in

Post by 2poodles » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:33 pm

New here - started 3/7/08 in the evening. 3/8 and 3/9 were S days.

3/10, 3/11, and 3/12 were successful N days. I'm finding this surprisingly easy so far. I'm hoping it's not just because it's a new program and I'm still in the "honeymoon" phase....

Not worrying too much about what I eat at meal times, just sticking to the rules - no sweets, snacks or seconds. Looking forward to this weekend. My husband and I will be in D.C. - enjoying my S days!
2poodles

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:39 pm

Welcome and congratulations on your great start. There is no need for the plan to be difficult, but often life interferes and we start looking for excuses.

The trick is what you are doing, stick to the rules and don't try to complicate things too much.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

2poodles

Post by 2poodles » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:05 pm

I forgot about this thread! But I'm done my first week of no essing - and successfully! I followed the rules exactly and am down 2 pounds! I am also exercising regularly. I started a running program about 6 weeks ago and am now running 2 miles at a time on the treadmill 3 days a week. So the combo of no essing and running is working for me. But the best thing is that I feel like I'm eating "normally" and not dieting.

This weekend I'm in DC w/hubby. I'm looking forward to enjoying my S days, but still getting in some exercise.

Proud moment: we're staying at this awesome luxury hotel (compliments of hubby's job!) and there was a tray of homemade cookies waiting for us on our arrival Friday evening. I didn't eat them - although they looked and smelled fabulous. I just told myself that I could have them on Saturday. So I had one w/my breakfast just now. And I'm REALLY full, so I don't even want another!
2poodles

2poodles

Post by 2poodles » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:07 am

3/17 - Monday; back to the N days. Sigh. Nice to know that next weekend, when I have Barb's bridal shower on Sat and Easter on Sun. will be S days! Followed rules today - no real problem w/that. Also did W7D3 of the C25K outside, for the first time. I actually felt like a real runner! 8)
2poodles

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:26 am

Congratulations on your cookie resistance, and on your run!!

2poodles

Post by 2poodles » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:10 am

Thanks for the encouragement, jumpinjan!

Yesterday, 3/18, was NOT a good day. :( I had too many errands to do to prepare for Easter and no energy or motivation. I ate a big bowl of icecream - a snack and a sweet - and didn't exercise at all. :shock:

But. Yesterday is over. Today I can start fresh and I will. do. better!!

To use my bridge metaphor, yesterday I turned and walked a few steps the wrong way, but today I'm turning back around and heading towards my goal of good health! :)
2poodles

2poodles

Post by 2poodles » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:37 pm

Today's going well so far! I just ran 2.5 miles in 25 minutes. Woohoo!!

I've been on track for a successful no s eating day as well. (as of 3:30 p.m.)

Glad that yesterday's dismal results were limited to yesterday and not the beginning of a major backslide.
2poodles