kotcherd's daily check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

kotcherd

kotcherd's daily check in

Post by kotcherd » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:22 pm

OK Started late last Friday afternoon... Now on my 3rd full N day. Surprising how enjoyable that Plate is when it's the focus and not just more of the same "eat all day, especially at night".

Coming to this from Atkins... I was very good at it, but I (now that I face it) just couldn't do this in the long term.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:46 am

Welcome to No-S! Not only will your plates be more enjoyable, but they will probably be healthier over the long run than Atkins.

kotcherd

doin'OK

Post by kotcherd » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:11 pm

the best part of this is the new found enjoyment of food. I eat what I want and am focussed on the concept of the 'empty plate' being the signal that I'm done.

I love the phrase from the book about snacks being 'pre-dis-approved'.

kotcherd

Post by kotcherd » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:53 pm

Took a glance at the scales because I feel sorta thinner .... hey, I lost a few pounds! OK this is going to work. All foods are good - as long as they are enjoyed within the guidelines.