Queenmom's Check In Week 1

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

queenmom

Queenmom's Check In Week 1

Post by queenmom » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:05 pm

I don't know if I should be during a daily check in, but I weigh in once a week and this is how I will stay accountable. So it is Week 1 and I have lost 1#. So far so good. I have not had any cravings ,which is amazing despite the fact that it has been a huge PMS time for me. I do have one question. I have been eating these Kashi Go Lean protein and fiber bars at lunch. They have 150 calories and 3g of fat/6g of fiber, but 14g of sugar. Too much sugar?? They state "all natural", but wondering if having this every day is hindering a bigger weight loss. I do eat a banana on the way home, so i can wait for dinner and not go on a binge attack as soon as i walk in the door. Unfortunately, with my particular job I don't really get a lunch and I practically wolf down my bar and continue on the go. Would something else be better? I do make sure i have protein with my breakfast and dinner. Any suggestions- or does this sound like i am on the right track?

Queenmom