my last diet checkin

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

irish

my last diet checkin

Post by irish » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:50 pm

Started last Wed.; nos days perfect, s days acted like an idiot for a while, then realized that I don't have to eat everything I've always wanted in one weekend. I've either been thinking of dieting, been on a diet, or goning off a diet forever. This makes sense.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:25 pm

I've either been thinking of dieting, been on a diet, or goning off a diet forever.
Gracie

Now there's a great chorus for a country song! :)
I know that one well too!
Sounds like things are going really good!
BTW love your name

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

irish

sday

Post by irish » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:52 pm

I don't think I quite like s days - it's too easy to act like an idiot. I did all right for a while, then really went off the deep end and ate everything in sight. Hopefully next weekend will be better. Any hints on how to prepare for it? (I'm waiting for my book to come from Amazon, maybe there's some suggestions in it.) I'm also not eating as healthily as I do when I'm dieting - will that come with time?

irish

sixth day

Post by irish » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:04 pm

easy day

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:41 am

Hi gracie
Welcome to No S.

I promise that as the N days become more of a habit, they flow into your S days and you find yourself less inclined to eat unthinkingly.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

irish

Day 8

Post by irish » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:25 pm

Another day done, actually my first week done. I had meals out on three days, but didn't feel guilty about what I ate and when I totaled up the calories of what I ate on those days (out of curiiousity, not necessity) it was less then on diet days with snacks. Impressive and a very liberating feeling.

gracie

irish

ouch

Post by irish » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:29 pm

boohoo! I had 3 drinks yesterday - is that a failure day?