Carla's Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

carla70

Carla's Check In

Post by carla70 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:51 pm

Today is day 2 of my OFFICIALLY on NO S - i've been on it so so for awhile but now it's time to get serious. Summer is almost here .. YIKES shorts and t-shirts. Can't hide under clothes.

Yesterday I was had a success day :D I was sick most of the day and offered things when I stopped at my parents but I said no. I was very hungry by supper as I didn't eat much at noon wasn't feeling the best then, but I held off and waited.

Food Yesterday was:
No Sugar Carnation drink made with skim milk
Grapefruit
Coffee

hashbrowns
2 sausage links

2 pork chops
Easy Mac

So Far Today:
No Sugar Carnation drink made with skim milk
Banana
Honey N Oat Bar
Coffee

Going to try post food as I eat it that way I don't forget anything. If I bite it I write it..lol

Here is to another Green Day!!!!

carla70

Post by carla70 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:49 pm

4/15/08

Lunch:
BBQ'd Pork Rib
Baked Potato w/little BBQ sauce on it
Slice Whole Grain Bread with butter
Water

Supper:
Taco Salad - am VERY VERY full

It was very filling I was hungry and I ate too fast and now my full factor kicks in after I ate.. I know I need to learn to stop and eat slower .. it's not a race

carla70

Post by carla70 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:46 pm

Today is my "weigh in" day and I was up 1/2 pound but I am not discouraged. I feel very full today and bloated a bit. Not sure why, maybe had too much salt last night. Slacks feel really tight today and I hate that.

Breakfast:
No Sugar Carnation Breakfast drink with skim milk
Honey Oat Bar
Banana
Coffee

Lunch:
BLT on wheat
Cup of Chili
Crackers
Slice of Cheese
Water

Water/ Cup of Coffee

2 glasses wine (my glass ceiling)

three open faced buns with tuna and cheese (broiled)
pringles
water

SUCCESS

carla70

Post by carla70 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:17 pm

I have had three success days woo hoo
Little more hungry today between meals..but water water water.. I got some tea too.

Breakfast:
2 wheat toast with peanut butter and jelly

carla70

Post by carla70 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:26 pm

I am going to change it up a bit, since its now about what you eat but if you succeed or fail at the three s's..  Yesterday, Thursday, April 17th was a success in the eating part of my day but a failure in the glass ceiling, I had a 1/2 glass more than two.  So not a huge failure but still didn't stop at two.  Today is a new day.  I really hate how I feel about myself at 187.5.. i never wanted to see that number again.  I know none of my summer clothes will fit me.  Instead of getting depressed and mad about it I am going to keep on plan and get back down to wear them again.  Until then I will have to buy a few things to wear.  I feel just fat and awful now.Breakfast - successLunch - successSupper - Success
Last edited by carla70 on Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

resting52

Post by resting52 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:11 pm

Hey Carla,

I'm with you in that weight range thing. Did you do Weight Watchers? That is where I've heard the bite it, write it thing before-I'm still a member but just so that my daughter doesn't have to go alone. You are right! This is NOT about writing down everything we eat (unless that encourages us to do better on the plan) but to do the NoS! Life is much simpler now.

Resting52

carla70

Post by carla70 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:24 pm

Saturday and Sunday are of course S days.. so I let myself induldge in a sweet or seconds.. boy does doing that make me feel full and miserable. I think I overdid it..lol

This was my first "official" S weekend..

LOVE THIS WAY OF LIFE

HOPE = HELPING OURSELVES through PROPER EATING

carla70

Post by carla70 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:14 pm

I had my S weekend so can't count success or failure on it. Did feel I had a little too much to eat, but I will learn. Eat slower and know when your full. I weighed myself again this morning...how does the scale keep going up 4-5 pounds every week??? I am now at 189. I went shopping on saturday and I was in a 12 .. now 14's don't even fit. Eye opener to what I need to do.

It is easy to look at quick fixes.. but if I keep the success days and start walking I know this will work. There is proof of that here on the boards.

5 succcess days
4 N days

carla70

Post by carla70 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:24 pm

Success for yesterday

i'm very depressed.. I know i shouldn't step on scale but i have been. Each day it goes up. I have successfull days.. why??

Maybe it is the one to two brandy I have although i make them weak.. I think until I have reached a lower weight.. no alcohol.

MollyMouse

Post by MollyMouse » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:38 pm

Oh Carla, I fell so bad for you, it must be so dreadful to see the scale go up.. I like you am a scale person. I have been able to stay off the scales so far. Yesterday I felt smaller, but today I feel much fatter, but I would die if I stepped on the scales and they were up. However the good thing about all this is you are still sticking with the program and trying to figure out what you can do to make this work for you.. Hang in there sweetie. We are all root tooting for you and everyone here.
Cheers
Marilyn
aka MollyMouse

lindalou

Post by lindalou » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:19 pm

This is my 4th week and went I first started I got on the scales everyday and still do old habit are hard to break.What I do now is chart my weigh ( thanks to Rose) and what I have found my weigh goes up and down. But I have went down one pants size I think it is because I am losing inches, which means I am losing fat not muscle a good thing I also use the HabitCal and I have a paper calendar and use a green marker for my N days and a pink marker for my S days My chart does show that I have loss about 2 1/2 to 3 lbs depending on what day it is.

So just hang in there it does work

carla70

Post by carla70 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:59 am

Today April 22, SUCCESS day number 7 no counting S days.

carla70

Post by carla70 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:50 pm

Wednesday the 23 was a FAILURE I had finished my plate of supper and then grabbed a handful of peanuts.. DUH failure Carla.. Boy does that red stand out on the habitcal..don't like that.

Thursday the 24th was a SUCCESS I feel it is a success in more ways than one.. i kept my portions sensible and I didn't feel too hungry between meals.

Hopefully I am starting to get the hang of this. Need to start walking,,... but we are under a winter storm watch today and expected to get up to 12" of snow today.