Magme's Check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

magme

Magme's Check in

Post by magme » Sun May 04, 2008 9:25 pm

Day 1 S- day

Today is day one and its a Sunday.. free day I guess.. I did have a very small pc of cake at tea time.. and seconds at dinner.. but no snacks.. that was nice.

Tomorrow will be the first day to fallow all rules... Here I go!

magme

Magme's check in

Post by magme » Mon May 05, 2008 3:46 pm

NoS day Failed I am not snacking but I did have a sweet.. really could not say no.. and it was so small.. My neice baked her first brownies.. I ate a 2" pc.. with dinner.. so not as a snack.

But still I failed on the sweets.. eeek

As for the seconds and snacks.. all is good .. Yeah!

magme

magme's check in

Post by magme » Wed May 07, 2008 7:43 am

NoSday Success

K.. had a good day today.. I hope its ok to have a mid day tea with milk.. as to stave off the midday snack I have a cup of tea instead.. hmm I should go and read that..